Reviews for Hermione Granger, Demonologist
kayyykj chapter 11 . 11/15
Just finished the story and it was such an interesting take! loved the thought put into everything and just the overall creativity and world-building!
Jag chapter 11 . 11/7
Very interesting! A refreshing take on the Dark Lady Hermione.
Majerus chapter 11 . 10/31
Very well done! I'll leave the gushing praise at that and wander to find some more spooky tales, but thank you very much for sharing your time and talent!
Majerus chapter 10 . 10/31
*sigh* So gooood! Any chance anyone has taken this up and ran with it? Please PM if they have? (I'll check your A/N if it's posted there)
Thanks so much for taking me through some of the Halloween hours with this really impressive tale.
Majerus chapter 9 . 10/31
House-elves are Imps? Natch! That's really clever :)

Oh, wow, so now I'm truly bummed - one more chapter and an Epilogue? Too little of an incredibly well-written story!
Majerus chapter 8 . 10/31
"
Paimon waved a slim hand leisurely. "The wait is of no consequence, and the visit no hardship. Remember, we're thousands of years old. This is just the blink of an eye for us. We can afford patience." He slid a pawn forward a square on the board to where it would be protected by a waiting rook. He smiled softly at the new arrangement of pieces. With a bit of luck he'd be able to promote it to being a Queen, if it managed to reach the opposite side of the board safely. Then the game would turn decidedly in his favour.
EEP! *wide-eyed nervous laughter* Oh... shite! lol

Another step, though this one with much further-reaching consequences. I had always thought it ridiculous that Flamel would have given Dumbles the Real Stone. The likelihood that Quirrelmort could pose any threat whatsoever to a 660 yr old witch & wizard is just preposterous.
Majerus chapter 7 . 10/31
"
Hermione buried her face in her hands. It was going to be a long day talking them down. Still, at least she had friends - ones who cared about her enough to want to eviscerate everyone who had offended her. That was something.
"
I bust out laughing at this, fantastic!
We've got 'First World Problems', she's got 'Outer Realms Problems' ;)

Woosh, well... that Escalated Quickly! As one would expect. Crocell seems to be working the manipulation angle a lot more subtly than the rest of the soul-hungry rabble. She has taken a major step towards the Dark with this... it's probably too much to hope that she doesn't turn into some sort of more-powerful-Bellatrix, only the one with followers, rather than being followed?
Majerus chapter 6 . 10/31
Hoooo-boy! Welp, that's going to be a Very Different outcome for the poor bastard troll lol
Majerus chapter 5 . 10/31
Whew! Well, as learning experiences go, offering Blood Magic to Nev was probably the best lesson value for the suffering you could hope for lol

I'm loving Theo's sense of humor, he has a lot of potential :)
Majerus chapter 4 . 10/31
"
She lied to her parents too, and with a handful of demons applauding her every tentative step towards mastering subterfuge she was quite motivated to succeed.
"
*blinks* Yah know, that's just about perfect! She really is a good-natured and obedient little girl, so how else could she be convinced to lie to her parents than to receive kudos for doing so?

I'd wondered how you were going to smooth the way for Hermione's entry into Slytherin. Serendipitous as the Nott encounter may have been, the argument in front of them was a wonderful bit of storytelling sorcery.
Majerus chapter 3 . 10/31
Oh my, this is really fun! The visit from the Ministry was perfectly done, though I cannot imagine how the Unspeakables didn't freak out at the surge of magic on her birthday!
Majerus chapter 2 . 10/31
Precocious... I laughed at first, but upon consideration, that's the word a demon duke says about Hermione because it really is about the best description!

Trippy, fun story, and Crocell is quite well done!
Majerus chapter 1 . 10/31
I really like that your story premise has a simple yet logical basis. Distracted mum makes an offhand but reasonable statement and overly focused Hermione latches on with both hands... and magic!

But the kind old librarian recommending demons and witchcraft (who would know the Content of those books) to a young girl? Notsomuch. Stumbling onto it across the aisle or a similar 'lucky break' may be much more 'tropish', but also much less of a strain on credulity than the above.

That said, the language and characters are well done, so I cannot help but make this my Halloween read!
emiral chapter 11 . 10/26
I must have read this story three or five times already, I don’t know. It’s such a lovely little story and quite different than most fanfiction I’ve read. Did you know that I only realized recently (after watching Hereditary) that the demons mentioned within this story are “real” demons? King Paimon was in the movie Hereditary! It almost makes me want to read more about demonology. I came back and re-read this story again once I realized. What a great fanfic. Thanks for writing!
Rachel1312 chapter 11 . 10/16
I've read this so many times. but I love it when I want a bamf!hermione but don't have a lot of time. the supernatural aspect makes it even better
1,212 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »