Reviews for Fate and the High King's Falcon
Automail-gHost chapter 1 . 12/8/2015
You know, I read this story a while back; I loved it, favorited it, but after rediscovering it today made me realize that I never reviewed it- that I never told you how fantastic it is. Really! Its mindblowing for me to read this- not only is it an incredible story, all the characters perfectly represented, and scenes so well written its like I am actually there, but you have somehow (like I said- totally blows my mind) captured Tolkien's rich and unique writing style! Its amazing! He had such a distinctive style; very deep, complex, and at times a bit hard to read, but still very memorable, and you have skillfully combined the core of his writing with smoothe transitions, and lovely details! Hats off to you my friend- very, VERY well done! xD Seriously though- that quote you have in the beginning? If I didn't know better I wouldn't have been able to tell where it ended and your story began. Having grown up with Tolkien's stories they have always held a special place in my heart, and honestly, it makes my heart happy to see such justice done to him and to get more details and behind the scenes of my favorite world of Middle Earth.
I actually look to you for inspiration for some of my own Gimli and Legolas story ideas- you capture them both so perfectly its almost painful! So I aspire to write them as well as you do when I finally post the stories I have in mind. ;D
So thank you for being so awesome! And I hope you continue writing (more Lord of the Rings would be very much appreciated x3), you have a real talent! O
Guest chapter 9 . 10/9/2015
Oh, this chapter made me laugh! And Pippin touching the ringbearers was so well written too.
TT chapter 26 . 8/8/2015
Beautiful, that is the only word for that. Thank you so much for sharing with the rest of us and thank you all for your parts in writing this lovely story which I am thoroughly enjoying.
shadowfireflame chapter 30 . 9/19/2014
Oh, I adored this story so very much. It was such a treat to read about Pippin's recovery from such grievous injuries and how all of the remaining Fellowship banded together to help him get better. And I teared up reading Legolas' song!
Neko chapter 20 . 11/24/2013
Oh, dear. This chapter and the previous one are excellently written, but hard to read. I broke my wrist three years in a row when I was a kid. I know having the bone re-set was unpleasant and that broken bones ache while they heal, but luckily the memory of things like that fades relatively quickly. I think poor Merry will probably be more traumatized than Pippin.
thesunwillshineclear chapter 30 . 11/18/2013
Is it safe to say that I cried? Yes? Okay. I loved this story too much not to. And the poems were amazing :)
MidnightxRain chapter 1 . 10/18/2013
this looks like a great story! Looking forward to reading more
Bauxitt chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
OMG!
I onlly had to read the first couple of lines, and i was in tears!
It's story is the best!
Neko chapter 16 . 1/1/2013
"Merry cut a nasty look at Gimli. The dwarf was not affected and glowered back at the hobbit with good-intentioned severity."

Well, really! I'm glad Pippin set Merry straight.

The interplay between Legolas and Pippin is so sweet and touching in this story...and occasionally, downright hilarious, like this chapter.
Neko chapter 9 . 1/1/2013
"In fact, I do not know why you have chosen me as a likely mark for your devious little plans."

Ha. He knows Legolas is the soft touch among his companions at this point. Merry is too over-protective and Gimli and Gandalf are too sensible to give in. Legolas is just the right amount of concerned and indulgent to be manipulated.
Neko chapter 6 . 1/1/2013
"Gimli's response was of such a nature that it woke Aragorn without need of the esquire's assistance. Once he understood the reason for the disturbance, he bolted off across the camp at a run that left the dwarf hard-pressed to follow."

Your descriptions are so spare, but incredibly vivid. I can picture this perfectly.

Thank goodness for Gimli. He's just as upset as everyone else, and still manages to be a rock-steady source of good sense.
Ybs chapter 30 . 9/4/2012
I bawled my eyes out when I read that last stanza. This story was just so so beautiful plus I read it while listening to the soundtrack of the Return of the King and that just made me cry all the more. Thank you for writing such beautiful stories! They really are a balm to the soul.
Tandy Sandman chapter 30 . 8/6/2012
This is a MARVELLOUS piece of work! I truly enjoyed it! Keep up the great work!
Eiladwyn chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
The way you write of love for another, I feel warmed and content just by reading what you say! You have an amazing gift, and we are all very lucky that you have chosen to post it for the world to read. )Many thanks, and I LOVE this story!
Bekah26 chapter 30 . 11/7/2010
Every time I reread this story, which I hold as close as the original novels in my heart, I am always intrigued by the one line that you have Pippin breathe as he overcomes death: Boromir.

I just, would love to know about the details of that meeting (and I have no doubt that it was a meeting between the two).

I know its unlikely to be written, as it has been so long since this story was initially published, but it also tempts me.

The, what passed between them...

Love always your words.