Reviews for The New Trio and the Philosopher's Stone
Latarra chapter 18 . 8/3
Excellent! I really enjoyed this.
Ada1229 chapter 12 . 7/19
Aw, Mister Filch is a good guy too, he's just been dealt a bad hand by life like Hagrid has, except more-so
Ada1229 chapter 1 . 7/19
AHHHHHHHH I will forever hold a special place in my heart for Hagrid, he's just such a loveably teddy bear kinda guy! Im kinda sad that life has dealt him a crap hand. Heck, if i was a witch going to Hogwarts i'd be helping him any way i could! I'd even become his assistant even if i graduated. Of course i actually live in America so id be going to Ilvermorny, but still, sweet man!
missgsmith51 chapter 17 . 7/1
I enjoyed your story. It was nice for a change to have a Draco who wasn't a complete Hippogriff's backside. I like Neville and the Twins being part of Harry's coterie. I hope Luna becomes part of it when the new school year begins.

I wonder if Dumbledore did anything sneaky to Harry while he was trapped - ALONE - in the infirmary. I don't trust Dumbledore.
missgsmith51 chapter 14 . 6/30
Harry's going to lose that Cloak one of these days, and to someone who doesn't have a sense of honor about giving it back. I am glad the Twins took care of making the hand-off. At least they only have to deal with Filch. I wonder ... will they have the Forbidden Forest detention? Or will Dumbledore work out some reason to send Harry instead?
missgsmith51 chapter 13 . 6/30
"The twins looked at each other. "This just keeps getting stranger and stranger," they said simultaneously.
"Knowing Dumbledore, it's probably going to get even more complicated," said Draco seriously.

Truer words were never spoken. I wish Harry would tell the Marauders and let them handle it. Just once it would be nice to see the adults (in this case, the professors and Dumbledore) actually do their jobs instead of leaving them to children.
missgsmith51 chapter 11 . 6/30
Okay, I was wrong. The rat did get where he was sent and was tried and found guilty. Still, if Padfoot can escape, surely it would be ten times easier for a rat to slip through the bars and escape. Unless Peter was kissed - in which case, why send him to Azkaban rather than through the Veil? - I have no confidence that he will STAY in Azkaban. JM2K.
missgsmith51 chapter 10 . 6/30
I hope you've healed from your lumbar puncture. My mom had one, plus a few epidural punctures, and they sound frightening, to me.

Whoa! I think I'd have held onto Scabbers and asked Sirius and Remus, plus Madam Bones, to come to Hogwarts. Too many things can go wrong just sending him off like that. After all, there are enemies at Hogwarts. You know, when I think about it, I'm surprised Scabbers never sought out Quirrell. Surely he knew what was under that turban. After all, he was Marked.
missgsmith51 chapter 9 . 6/30
I actually thought your Harry was smarter than to get suckered into a duel. They didn't actually have it, but he needs to exercise more common sense. I guess Anthony is going to take Cho's place as the Ravenclaw bully.

"As soon as he got back to his office, he thought savagely, he was going to trash it so that it took hours for the house-elves to clean it up." You'd think a man who's 110 years old would have given up temper tantrums by now.
missgsmith51 chapter 8 . 6/30
"... Harry absolved himself to the fact that if the mysterious object was now at Hogwarts, that meant it was safe from the thief. Right?" Oh, Harry, you are SOOOO naïve. I am definitely glad Harry informed Snape about the dream/vision.

Well, I was right about Lucy. I do hope Sirius stripped Narcissa's dowry from him, as I have a hunch that it made up most of his fortune. Even if he still has plenty of galleons, the loss of his Black connection is a loss of prestige.
missgsmith51 chapter 7 . 6/30
So ... did Dumbledore place the idea of the Philosopher's Stone in Harry's mind way back when? Was he already planning this little "adventure" back before he relinquished Harry to Sirius? This dream sounds pretty sinister. I hope Harry looks at his notebook again. I wonder if he connected the hissing with Parseltongue.

Draco in Slytherin? Wow, you really are going AU. ;) I hope he doesn't suffer at the hands of the Slytherins ... or Lucius. Will Lucius disown Draco? I suppose it would allow Sirius to dissolve Narcissa's marriage, recall her dowry (which would strip Lucy of a lot of his "influence"), and adopt Draco. That could make it tough for Lucius to bankroll Voldy, if he returns.

With Draco in Gryffindor and Harry the Heir of Slytherin, they have the potential to knock down some barriers - if they survive long enough - and make positive changes in the house rivalry problems. I wonder how the Harry-Draco friendship will affect things.
booklover19a chapter 18 . 6/6
Loved Year 1! It was a really interesting and pretty unique plotline. I can't wait to see what Year 2 brings.

Also, I love that the snake's named Enya. Enya is one of my favorite singers!

Keep writing!
gryffindor107 chapter 17 . 2/19
aww! That was great!
Nevara5 chapter 18 . 2/12
I'm very pleased you are writing a sequel, I enjoyed this very much. Now this is my own opinion, but I'd steer away from directly quoting the books/movies even if changing the person (s) involved. Otherwise, no complaints, and this is the very first fic I've ever read where Draco chose to be sorted into Gryffindor. Thank you for sharing this with us! I'm glad that Ron is more of a side character, that the Twins are friends with the first is, and I'm absolutely delighted that Sirius and Remus are alive, free, well and together, and that they've raised Harry.
YYAAAAAAYYYY!