Reviews for Land of Salt and Fire
Sophia the Scribe chapter 1 . 8/25/2019
Good! Stories of Aragorn's wandering always intrigue me. Thanks for the story!
VDMA,
Sophia the Scribe
Raksha The Demon chapter 1 . 11/28/2017
A lovely exercise in world-building, at least in terms of exploring relatively unknown corners of Middle-earth. Excellent characterization of Aragorn.
Belegthalion chapter 1 . 10/14/2017
I found this story to be wonderfully written and both interesting and fun to read. I always enjoy Thorongil stories set in Harad, and this is one of the better ones! Your writing is descriptive and smooth, and I enjoyed how you portrayed Aragorn. Well done!
Levade chapter 1 . 10/2/2017
I know I PM'd you on this but honestly...how can this have so few reviews?! It's a beautiful peice of writing and I haven't ever read anything like it. Bah. I give up on what people rave and review about on this site. It's hard to believe the trash that gets so many reviews. Any road, this is a gem of a story. It's so descriptive I felt like I was there and I love this:
"The most precious thing he would ever gain was not yet even his"

Heart melts. Great OCs, I'd love to see more of them! I was amazed at how rich the details were and how familiar you seemed with the subject and land.

And the end...I love how it came round together. I should praise it more. Others should too! :D Alas, my brain is full of weary and this is all I can offer. Beautiful. Truly worth reading again and again.
South of the Storm chapter 1 . 8/18/2017
Well written! I like it!
Thanwen chapter 1 . 8/18/2017
Sorry for not reviewing earlier, Sian, but life has been a little too demanding lately. :p

Congratulations on winning, and on a winning truly deserved as this story certainly excels. I can but admire your way to describe, to catch the atmosphere of landscape and the emotions and thoughts of the people in it and to weave these elements together to make a fabric of dreamlike quality.
Thank you for sharing.
annafan chapter 1 . 8/16/2017
As always, such lovely writing, and so atmospheric, especially the description of the landscape. A well deserved win.
Lotrfn chapter 1 . 8/16/2017
I really liked the storytelling and detail of this. It is always interesting to see Aragorn in different environments and how he adeptly adapts to his circumstances.

Really loved the twist near the end. Good old Dain! Salt lick for deer indeed.

Great last line.
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 8/16/2017
A most enjoyable story and especially interesting as I live near a salt mine and salt is part of local tradition. Aragorn is a wise traveller.