Reviews for A sunrise and a conversation
wes and fred chapter 9 . 7/1
really hoping that you continue with this story - really want to see where it goes...
Constance Truggle chapter 1 . 5/20
I've been truly enjoying this so far. Your characterizations are fabulous. The growth of the principal characters is very intriguing to watch. I'm fascinated with Elizabeth seeing Mr Darcy for who he actually is, and also how she has not yet been able to interpret him interacting with Wickham in an unfavorable light. I do look forward to seeing how Darcy takes the whole Wickham revelation, and how he finds out. Can't wait to see more!

CT.
virginger chapter 9 . 5/11
I hope you update soon
Darkmaster of the arts chapter 9 . 4/19
I'm really enjoying the fic so far. The character growth and story progression has been really interesting. I do wonder though, now that Collins has made Charlotte's acquaintance, who will "win" the parson's favor. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in that quarter. Lizzy's opinion of Wickam makes me hope that an earlier discussion with Darcy about their past will prevent Lydia's ruination too. Looking forward to the next chapter!
Gyreflight chapter 9 . 2/18
This is a fandom I have been cautious of approaching, as so much of the ‘feel’ of the original is in the writing style that I wasn’t sure I wanted to risk it, however you’ve made me glad that I did - this story is written with all the precision, subtlety and delicacy I could wish, appropriate to to source in style, dialogue and content.

A sunrise and a conversation...It seems only right that such a tiny change should be the hinge that opens up all the possibilities inherent in a shift of perception, and it’s fascinating, satisfying and believable to watch how that one thing cascades through subsequent interactions.

It’s a pleasure to watch Elizabeth and Darcy start to learn to understand each other, to pick up on the conversational subtleties and reactions that make for a shared unspoken communication below the surface, but it’s also nice to see the follow-through in the protagonists’ conversations with Mr Bennet and Mr Bingley.

There is, I confess to noticing, the odd miswording of the kind that is usually due to an auto-correct spellcheck. However (unusually for me) I didn’t find that these tripped me out of the story, as you’d engaged my attention too deeply for the hitches to register as I’d normally expect them to.

Thanks for the read – I look forward to finding out how things progress.
That other guest reviewer below is a pedantic arsehole aren't they!?

This is a very well written and enjoyable story and I hope you plan to continue it. I feel like you understand Mr Bennet as a character particularly well and I look forward to hopefully seeing Miss Darcy meet the Bennets.

Good work.
TheLettersFromNoOne chapter 9 . 10/30/2017
Love this so far! Keep going!
theswallowsclub chapter 9 . 10/27/2017
thanks
Avanell chapter 9 . 10/20/2017
Excellent! Enjoyed the rest of the ball.
Avanell chapter 8 . 10/20/2017
Delightful update and dances! Except for poor Elizabeth having to dance with the toad (no offense to real toads). Always love when Darcy shows some attention to Mary, like dancing.
SereniteRose chapter 9 . 10/20/2017
Lovely two chapters thanks you for the gift of two chapters to this great story of yours, I Love the way the Ball went, I just wich that Mrs. Bennet was dead or at lese put in her place, I really don't like the character, anyway thanks ever so much.
Deanna27 chapter 9 . 10/20/2017
Oh I am so glad Mary was well received! I do hope she doesn't accept Collins unless she feels at least affection for him.
Guest chapter 9 . 10/19/2017
I am uncertain in this story if Darcy is aware that Wickham is in the neighborhood. The fact that he is so willing to return to Hertfordshire with his sister implies that he does not. I've enjoyed reading this story; keep up the good work.
Guest chapter 8 . 10/19/2017
I like this version of the Netherfield Ball, though Darcy's refusal to dance with Miss Bingley is rude, direct cut to his host and hostess.
Guest chapter 7 . 10/19/2017
"...bare a little more of his company..."

Yeow! Bear, not 'bare'; why does this mistake show up so often in JAFF stories? Be certain that such usage in Lizzy's dialogue does not make her appear witty at all!

And Bennet has one 't'.