Reviews for pretty faces (ugly hearts)
Maisie Malfoy chapter 1 . 9/15/2017
It took me far too long to do this. It should not have.
YES FINALLY EXPLANATIONS EVEN SMALL ONES. While fics that just have Bellatrix as evil and insane and all that from birth are plausibleish at best, this touched on explanation and didn't go over the top and that was wonderful.
I especially love the part about the poison. It really seems to foreshadow the future without saying too much.
Overall, it was wonderful and I'm sorry this took so long.
Hogwarts Official chapter 1 . 9/6/2017
Your feedback from Hogwarts for Assignment 2 (Psychology )

Your Grade: 18/20 (EE)
Your Examiner: Sophy (The Crownless Queen)
Your Feedback:

There wasn't much in the way of describing the characters' physical attributes, but they were very clearly positioned in whichever room/situation they were in, which was nice. Bellatrix was great in this, striving to honor the Black family name - and I really liked the part with her mother where they murdered Isabella Greengrass. It really seems like the sort of thing they would do, and I liked that Bellatrix essentially followed orders there.

There are quite a few stories about the Black sisters' childhood out there, especially Bellatrix, but what was really interesting here was that this focused on her mother's influence on her actions instead of just having her as a madwoman from the start.

Both prose and dialogue flowed well, on their own and with one another. It made for a very lovely and smooth read, which was enjoyable.

The prompt was definitely there, and it was very interesting to see Druella's influence in so many aspects of Bellatrix' life, both as a child still and later on as an adult. Still, I believe that this influence could have been made a little more obvious, since it really only became apparent at the end of the story.

This was really a good story. Reading about Bellatrix and/or the Blacks is always interesting, because they're usually complex characters, and I think you did a good job showing that in this work.

There were a few spag mistakes, such as 'the Isabelle Greengrass' which I think didn't need the 'the', 'a lady's step' should be steps. There were also a few repetitions, such as pleasant/pleasantly used rather closely in the first part.
Nagi Magi chapter 1 . 8/19/2017
That was rather lovely to readI like how you didn't make Bella crazy right of the bat, but rather showed the circumstances that shaped the way she would become.