Reviews for Diary of Time
AhsokaTano2291 chapter 10 . 5/20
loved the statement about taking the boy-who-lived to she-who-heals
Books85 chapter 42 . 4/3
I quite like this tale. It is satisfying but still deals with the many flaws in the British Wizarding world. Thank you.
brigrove chapter 24 . 3/31
Fudge was right. Sirius was a danger... to him. He went on to become Prime Minister. He even went back in time to do it.
wolfgang108 chapter 30 . 1/6
Didn't Blaise get killed by Mad-Eye the day after the Cemetery scene ? Didn't Harry already take Dumbledore and a few others down into the Chamber, then into the statue's mouth. Had already found all the books (teased Hermione about it).
Doctor Lumos chapter 42 . 1/3
It has become my hobit not to comment on stories midstream. So I certainly noted from your author's notes that many were upset with some of the twists that your book took, and I can certainly see why. In addition, looks like it has been 4-5 years since this story was written, so you may not even follow comments any more.
There were indeed some nice twists. the idea of not actually being the person back in time has merits to be sure.
There werte times when you forgot things that had already been done, for example Salazar's library behind the statue was discovered twice, and Charlie was supposedly blocking off escape from the Turkey shoot after ha had already been killed. Not sure having someone look over your writing before you published was aa scommon then though, mistakes happen in what is not fully edited.
I did like a lot of it to be sure, but certainly are left with some questions. When Nagini was taken out, Harry suddenly had a sword and he was not sure how when he lost his knife. Logic would indicate that it was the sword of gryffindor perhaps, but how, or why, unknown, so it becomes without explanation an annecessary addition.
In I believe it was the penultimate chapter, a lot of time was spent on what would be revealed at a future time for clocure, such as who the original Harry had married and whom had died the first time. Not then releasing some of those facts, bothered me more than most anything else. Even if it had just been, Harry noting it, and then not divulging it even to us, or his reflecting on who had been saved compared to who had been lost. Or even how some of those amazing inventions were of value.
Yes there were the parseltongue books, but that is lost knowledge not knew knowledge. Perhaps a chat of ne Harry with a younger Bishop to tie that in. How about how elves were natural enemies to giants and trolls but not used in the Turkey Shoot, despite the earlier elevation of Dobby to family member.
I am quite sure that it is really hard to wrap things up with something this large, but those are things that troubled me. Thank you for your story.
Ed chapter 42 . 1/1
Soooooo... Old Harry's entire reason for going back in time was to reduce the number of deaths, very well done. He did better than his good Ol Dumbledork ever did! He managed to change things enough to wipe out an entire two years worth of students on top of all the Death Eaters, BRAVO!

Old Harry should have kept his crinkly old arse in the future.

Not a particularly satisfying read in any way... it's all loses all the way down. Not recommended.
lx chapter 32 . 12/24/2023
wtf this all angt sh*t
Books85 chapter 22 . 12/12/2023
I had always thought goblins were more similar to the ferengi (considering 'the rules of acquisition') but you are right in this case; the post-battle drinking spree is all Klingon.
Thanks!
Books85 chapter 17 . 12/11/2023
And here I thought that Professor Sprout was talking about axmagical variant of kudzu.

This is a most absorbing tale. Freeing Harry from the Dursleys would loose the meek and humble aspects of Harry's personality. Maybe him being healthier and more fit contribute to this Harry's higher aggression. This one doesn't turn his anger inward.

Thanks!
gusjo chapter 3 . 11/9/2023
Ok, just no. While this fic isn't terrible overall the very idea that old Harry would risk the troll scene after all butterfly effects is just unreasonable. If this kind of thing keeps happening I just don't think I'll be able to finish it as it will just bother me endlessly.
Dumbles Basher chapter 32 . 10/28/2023
Her name is DOLORES Umbridge. If you do not know why, I suggest you pull out a dictionary.
Kerrion chapter 1 . 8/5/2023
The Whole N word with the hard R. You could have had Harry explain to hermione what mudblood meant without using the N word i mean you spelt the whole word out with er. Then having harry going around hitting people? I cant believe you had him hitting hermione! I could not read this story. So many awful things in it and this harry is the worse harry i have ever read.
Molenir chapter 12 . 7/5/2023
More irrational anger from Potter. Snape and Lupan happen to be walking by on the 7th floor? Really. Seriously, really could have written that better.
Molenir chapter 6 . 7/5/2023
There's really too much irrational anger. Ginny instantly hates Harry because of the diary. The rest of the Weasleys start physically and verbally attacking him for no reason. Just completely irrational.
Vance McGill chapter 9 . 6/12/2023
Why hasn't Harry turned in Molly for her breach in the Statute of Secrecy back in September of 1991 at King's Cross?
1,406 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »