Reviews for Diary of Time
Guest chapter 2 . 4/27/2023
So, to "keep the future knowledge useful" or something like that, certain things must happen the same as they did in the other timeline?
And then the diary tells Harry about Hermione being a lifelong companion? And you (or the older Harry) never considered that this should cause Harry to immediately befriend Hermione, which would cause Hermione to have a good friend, when (and **if**) Ron insults her on Halloween. She probably wouldn't be in that bathroom and none of them would ever even see that troll.
And then that idea that you can order a meal in the Great Hall like in a restaurant... And of course Harry must draw attention to himself by demonstrating that knowledge within his first few minutes in the castle, when he could have asked the right people and thereby found the kitchens, where he then could have asked the elves how to get custom meals. No, he must go the Yeah-I-have-knowledge-that-I-really-shouldn't-have-How-dare-you-question-that route. Not to mention the additional attention drawn to both himself and the diary by that defensive mechanism. Why not use a spell to make the diary completely uninteresting to everyone but Harry? Too simple? Too logical? Not enough of a completely pointless stupidly artificial timeline change?
First, you tell us that the old Harry has spent years or decades planning and preparing this. And then his plan looks like it has been made up on the spot by a ten-year-old?
DiabolicGod chapter 42 . 3/17/2023
The whole story, though I dropped it around chapter 35, read pretty haphazardly and caricaturesquely. Some things, like the chamber of secrets and its books were written twice and in contradictory ways, other things made little sense.
And most annoying were the caricatures that you made the characters, all of them, into. Rather than people, they seemed more like characters in short comic sketches without much individuality and personal identity. The worst of this were of course all antagonists and Dumbledore et posse.
All that said, you have completed your story, which I really commend and it has kept my interest for a while. Your writing was good enough and the story not bad.
Kira the Spacebunny chapter 42 . 3/6/2023
This was an interesting story with a truly unique approach to time travel stories. I enjoyed it and i'm happy this approach enabled foreknowledge to truly become useless over time, instead of merely shifting focus onto incredible skills passed through time.

I'm adding some inconsistencies, purely for your information. I know they are likely due to the immense amount of time needed to write such a long story while also being otherwise alive. And they didn't stop me from enjoying this read, just threw me a bit, as i have the immense benefit of reading the story in full and quite quickly.
Chapter 25: Blaise Zabini throws an AK at Harry and is subsequently killed by Moody. Blaise shows up again shortly after (maybe in the next year).
Especially nearing the ending of the story, Ron ping-pongs between declaring his never ending hatred for Harry with being his best Mate. This happens in a matter of scenes and there isn't really an explanation.
I think Fred and George were brought into the "old Harry" secret in the earlier chapters. In later chapters they are no longer part of the group "in the know. Instead, Dumbledore and McGonagall are, at the meeting before the Hogsmeade Massacre aka Turkey shoot (lol).
Harry holds a eulogy for Sally in the Chamber of Secrets. At the end of it, Ginny discovers she speaks parseltongue and HP, Ginny, Hermione, Sirius, Dumbledore (and maybe more) climb into Slytherins mouth where they discover many books. A bit later (one or two chapters?) Harry and Susan are down in the chamber and discover that there is a library inside Slytherins mouth (again :) ).

Have a wonderful day and thank you for your wonderful story!
PS: Remember, that compared to the 215,417 (!) words you gifted us with, my critique probably doesn't even reach up to 417 words. It's a rounding error in the vast greatness of your story. Thank you for this gem of a story.
malexandria chapter 1 . 2/8/2023
I inly read one chapter and that’s 30 and sorry I can’t get pass the idea of Sirius being betrothed to KIDS! This story is promoting Pedophilia! I’m not reading any further than that sentence.
dancingkatz chapter 42 . 1/22/2023
If this was a hard copy book I would be saying that I just couldn't put it down. As it was, I couldn't stop moving straight on through to the next chapter as I read. I enjoyed your one-shot and am so glad you fecided to expand on it.
Guest chapter 42 . 12/22/2022
Great story
YaoiHellian chapter 42 . 12/14/2022
This was a very good story, my only issue with it is the overall ending. It seemed the last few chapters you were rushing to end the story. The mysterious shadow person from the infirmary was never touched on. The slight plot hole of how and the hell Crabb or Goyle could get their mothers to hogwarts without anyone noticing with the convenience of the marauders map rewind feature. Or the random brutality of the crashed Weasley wedding. still a great story nonetheless though. Thank you for writing and posting. Cheers.
dhamann7878 chapter 30 . 9/15/2022
Reading through this chapter and saw Zambini. thought he was killed in an earlier chapter
RipBudAce chapter 30 . 8/5/2022
Two issues with this chapter:
1. Blaise was AKed by Moody in Chapter 25.
2. Harry also discovered Slytherin's library in a previous chapter after Sally died.

I do like the story, though, and just noticed these on a reread.
AmpLuna chapter 36 . 7/23/2022
I can't believe how many times you made me cry in this story! I loved every bit of it!
Marcii Winters chapter 42 . 7/13/2022
MAN, THAT WAS REALLY GOOD!
I'M SUPER SAD ABOUT THE DEATHS OF SOME OF MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS, BUT IT WAS AMAZING REGARDLESS!
Luna's death hit me FUCKIN HARD!
BUT YEAH, I HAD A LOT OF FUN READING THIS!
Guest chapter 15 . 6/17/2022
Eh, if Harry isn't going to get with Hermione, I'm outies. Cool story otherwise, though.
Guest chapter 4 . 6/16/2022
Won Won a chocolate frog thief? Neva... (I really don't like WonWon or GinGin)
Guest chapter 3 . 6/16/2022
This story bounces from partially-complete scene to partially-complete (and sometimes lightly incorrect) scene so much it's making me dizzy. And is Harry subtly grooming GinGinTheRabidFangurl into a future erm...whatever? Yuck.
Guest chapter 2 . 6/16/2022
(*May want to reconsider how the train ride is portrayed - it sounds like there's a huge traffic jam in front of Harry's compartment with everyone coming in at once and then the rest of the HOURS LONG JOURNEY never happened. Also, you may want to work on scene transitions, and while 'brevity' is great, exposition is even better.)
1,405 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »