Reviews for Diary of Time
Guest chapter 1 . 6/16/2022
I don't mind TT stories wherein Harry goes back in time to rescue and raise himself (although the "how AdultHarry can interact with KidHarry w/o the world exploding" bit needs to be nicely and realistically explained given Hermione's absolute determination that "seeing yourself via time travel means everybody goes insane/world explodes/whatever") although it could feel a little squicky if not done right. The addition of RescuedSirius and ButtKickedRemus is always good.
I also really like the TTs wherein Harry goes back and rescues KidHarry by doing away with the Dursleys or whatever and somehow plot here gets someone else to raise KidHarry but doesn't raise him himself. Again, throwing some RescuedSirius/ButtKickedRemus is great. Toss in some "KidHarry meets KidHermione and the basis for a FUTURE romance - sorry, insta-love/insta-bonding just doesn't get it for me plus who wants 11 year old kids snogging? Gross! - and it's even better. Soz, total H/Hr shipper here - can't stand GinGinTheRabidPotionQueenFangurl (or her HowlerPotionQueenMolly mumster).
(And exactly why did Remus abandon Harry for all those years? Love reading the various reasons why - especially love when Albus is responsible for Remus unknowingly/unwillingly abandoning Harry. Best are the stories where Remus mentally tells Albus to go fuck himself and raises Harry in the non-mag world, but that's just me. Remus could be such a great character but no...he's gotta keep being Mr FurryTragedyMan! Come'on, Remus, grow a spine!)
The only thing I would like to have seen in this first chapter is Harry interacting a lot more with his descendants - love stories where ReallyOldHarry and ReallyOldHermione (if she's alive at that point) have slow, and sometimes fast-paced, days with their NowOldKids, NotQuiteSoOldGrandkids, YoungishGreatGrands, and YoungGreatGreatGrands. Love seeing that kind of time continuity in families since I never really had that in my own.

Great first chapter, btw. Love that OldHarry is giving KidHarry OPTIONS and CHOICES. (Wait, if Poppy really were a decent healer, why did she never give Harry corrective potions? Why let him continue suffering from all his abuse and old wounds? IS POPPY SECRETLY A NASTY OLD CUNT?)
Unknownlion chapter 2 . 6/13/2022
Eww the Weasleys you could have drop them along with bossy know it all
TheHandOfTheDarkness chapter 7 . 6/2/2022
Not really that disrespectful... Actually yeah, and a very dislikeable character to boot.
jormander2012 chapter 30 . 5/31/2022
great story honestly one of the more believable and better plotted out ones I've read where your not bogged down with a bunch of info that isnt ever relevant or necessary my only thoughts to improve would be the parts where you seem to forget previous actions in chapters like blaze zabini if I remember correctly a few chapters back he tried to kill harry then got an ak to the face plus finding slytherin secret chamber with dumbles and then again with su
mumphie chapter 41 . 5/30/2022
I enjoyed your story, though it got quite dark near the end. I do wonder why Old Harry lost his ability to speak Parseltongue, but young Harry retained it. I liked the juxtaposition of reading what Old Harry was telling of his life and seeing what young Harry was going through at the time. I do wish the Lovegoods hadn't bought the farm, though. Good story. :)
mumphie chapter 23 . 5/30/2022
Will Harry ever go look into Sally's den? Is there an egg? A library? Notes/manuscripts? A recipe for the best Treacle pie in history?
blcoachmac chapter 1 . 5/19/2022
Time to get going, get ready, get even and get living!
CaptainBoyHole chapter 33 . 5/6/2022
Ooh let's see
CaptainBoyHole chapter 31 . 5/6/2022
Lol you prick. Don't suicide in front of a bunch of children
TheWhitlockGirl chapter 10 . 4/25/2022
SheWhoHeals! Bwahahaha that's gold!
Guest chapter 2 . 4/18/2022
First off your writing is choppy and the syntax is terrible, second off what is the point of a future diary trope if you're going to have the MC just ignore it.
rjcelmore chapter 30 . 3/28/2022
Why is Blaise back if Moody killed him at end of fourth year or am I confused about something?
rjcelmore chapter 25 . 3/28/2022
So Blaise Apparently died or not? Why is he back in chapter 30?
malexandria chapter 30 . 3/10/2022
So you have 2 15 yr old girls who were sold to a 30 yr old man? Nope, this story is crap now. Not to mention you spent all this time making Harry an unlikable jerk, but he also wasn’t someone who allowed people to push him around, yet suddenly for unknown reasons he’s allowing himself to be tortured someone like Umbridge? You are writing all of this Yr 5 stuff as though you haven’t read your own storyBlaise turns on Harry for no explanation and Harry kills him, he randomly shows up now as though nothing happened, he’s been teaching this group for several yrs, now it’s as though they just started and yes you introduced Pedophilia. Just lovely. I’m out.
K chapter 42 . 3/1/2022
Great story. You have my congratulations. Minor grumbles - spelling, but if it’s in either the Oxford or Webster dictionaries in the correct context, then I’ll retract that grumble. Again, simply brilliant.
1,405 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »