Reviews for Castle in the Sky
xSapphirexRosesxFanx chapter 14 . 11/11/2017
Poor Merlin...
BooksAreMedicine chapter 14 . 11/11/2017
It was so wonderful at the start to see Arthur finally (and I mean finally!) realizing how much he needs Merlin, how much Merlin has helped him with advice over the years, how wrong he was each time he ignored him and how he needs to listen. (Seriously, that is why Arthur is his own bane)

Too bad he deluded himself into thinking magic illegal status didn't matter anymore.

Good for Gwen, she had a ton of good points, nice to see her standing up to Arthur like she did in the early courtship and calling him out on his childness behavoir of taking his father's word as law. As she pointed out, both herself as Queen and the knights Uther also deemed wrong and forbade Arthur from changing it.
Glad Gwaine is sharing what he learned :)
Go Gaius! That was bold and so like a father. I'm glad he did that straight away, really shows how much he cares for Merlin and how smart he is too. Arthur can't do with a physician and Merlin and Gaius are his only options. (Probably should fix that in the future, train up some more women and men).

Arthur's memory of Uther only showing him love and affection when Arthur parroted back Uther's mistaken theories on magic does explain why of all the things Uther taught him that hatred of magic stuck the most/longest/is most deeply entrenched.

Good for him to realize he needs to change, though when Merlin argues he can't be the only exception, that will be a fight to see. Very good progress for Arthur to see that Merlin needs to be more than a servant out in the open, I love the idea of making him Chief or First Advisor. Arthur does think like a king, with how he planned to use Merlin's service and dragonlord status to help him make Merlin's elevation more easy to swallow by his court.

Though it hurt Arthur, I do think it was healthy for Merlin to release his anger. What Arthur was saying did make him sound a like a monster. Now that we tortured you and took away your soul, you are pardoned and can stay...yeah no.

Good idea to bring up Valient, the one and only time Arthur took Merlin at his word in the whole series...though pulling out the sword might count too.
Arthur could take slight comfort in that when Merlin talks about the "real" Arthur, he still believes in his promise.
I do think the Great Dragon could be of some help here, he's lived a long time and might know something from the past that could help.
ruby890 chapter 14 . 11/11/2017
Not bad lol
Guest chapter 14 . 11/11/2017
That was painful to read but amazingly good. It truly went deep. A single tear literally would run down my face every so often.
Very intense. All your hard work on this chapter shows through.
Guest chapter 13 . 11/11/2017
Incredible and powerful chapter.
Tris Pond chapter 14 . 11/11/2017
amazing chapter, it really felt like Arthur (what made me want to kill him, but okay). I'm glad he is finally learning something
TheOnesThatLoveUsNeverLeaveUs chapter 14 . 11/11/2017
This was a great chapter. I love this chapter. Oh gods I teared up a bit there at Merlin's words and the way Gwen talked to Arthur I'm so glad she's on Merlin's side for this. And Merlin's words seem rather prophetic and fhe whole 'I am magic, magic is me' was amazing and wow this chapter was wow.
mersan123 chapter 14 . 11/11/2017
What a chapter! Very emotional. Very moving.
I feel more for Merlin still at this point. Arthur is so very blind and I cannot find it in myself to give him any form of forgiveness or sympathy.
I can only see Merlin turning away from this hollow King - and so he should.
Arthur is worse than a fool.
Loved the voices from Merlin. Did Arthur (or any of the others) not hear this? Should this not be raised?
Anyway, a brilliant chapter. Well done DynamicDuo
Epilam chapter 14 . 11/10/2017
Arthur is a jerk, but perhaps that is just my opinion I've always hated the way he treated him in the show. I hope Merlin gets better. he IS magic so I don't think it's completely gone. I loved the chapter, can't wait for the next one!
Guest chapter 13 . 11/8/2017
Can't wait for the next chapter!
ReDEAR chapter 13 . 11/5/2017
I cant wait for your next chapter. This is going so well.
You took an interesting take on Merlins magic reveal.
Arthur didn't hate, nor accept him and the magic, but thought it was all a enchantment. I am so happy that this was a different adaption as i had gotten bored of reading basically the same thing over and over again in other people's stories.
Gingeraffealene chapter 13 . 11/5/2017
Dang!
Holy...!
So intense.
I repeat: I love how you've clearly spelled out that magic is a large part of Merlin's perception of the world.
At least he's accepted Aithusa. So there's some comfort there.
Having him recognize some friends but then pull back is brilliant storytelling. Thanks for not making it too easy!
I do sooooo look forward to your updates. Keep it up!
lkdaswani chapter 13 . 11/5/2017
Please update! its soo good !
Astarein1999 chapter 13 . 11/4/2017
I think this is brilliant i haven't read a Merlin fan fiction like this before please keep it up it is amazing i'm looking forward to the next chapter xx
ForeverTheValentine chapter 13 . 11/4/2017
This is one of the few times I've seen Merlin give up on Arthur after some form of trauma. Everyone has a breaking point, and even if Merlin's is way out there, it still exists. I think it just means that the break is so much worse because it took so much more to get there.

But that is the plain truth: Arthur IS NOT the Once and Future King - it's who he's supposed to become. The Arthur of right now is still very ignorant and sheltered (a rather ironic thought when you acknowledge that he's been routinely been put into life and death situations, even if often due to his own ignorance), and STILL does not see the true value in the people around him unless they're of some higher position. The knights, even the common born ones, all have his respect because they can fight and he's knighted them. Gwen is the love of his life, so she gets a pass.

Gaius is the Court Physician who's been with him all his life, but that's the only capacity Arthur sees him in. He's allowed Gaius to be tortured in the past and said nothing, with no apology uttered afterwards. Merlin is his manservant, but Arthur believes him to be an idiot despite all the proof he's had to the contrary over the years. I think that Arthur feels responsible for the people of Camelot - knows that it is his duty to protect them - but he doesn't actually APPRECIATE that they are PEOPLE with hopes and dreams and lives outside of the plagues that his family has routinely brought on them. To him, they're still simple commoners, who don't have any real problems to deal with. They haven't had the same upbringing and education as nobles, and so they just can't grasp the more intricate matters that he has to deal with (never mind that any of them could sum up his problems as a dysfunctional family torn apart by a man with anger issues). Unfortunately, Merlin falls into this category despite the numerous instances and occasions that Merlin has proven otherwise. Arthur can't effectively be the Once and Future King without Emrys, and he can't have EMRYS if he continues to ignore, deny, and abuse MERLIN. He doesn't treat Merlin right, so he can't interact with Emrys to become who he's supposed to.

Arthur needs him, but he doesn't DESERVE him. And consequently he doesn't DESERVE to be the Once and Future King, nor can he possibly be such at present.

Power to you Merly!