Reviews for Telparian
Lady Berenice chapter 8 . 6/21/2003
A fantastic story, with such a sweet ending. Huan the puppy is so cute! I hope we see more of him in your other stories
Estenthel chapter 8 . 6/21/2003
That was lovely! Having a nice Thranduil is a wonderful break from all the nasty ones we're so used to!
Firnsarnien chapter 8 . 6/15/2003
Ah! :) Rubbing my belly, er, I mean, my head? satisfied and content with this wonderful story and happy ending! Since Legolas is such a beautiful Elf all grown up, I can imagine what an angelic picture he must have made as a child! :) *sigh* Loved this story! It was so touching! Thanks for giving us some insight to Legolas' life as a child! It was very rewarding. I look forward to more of your writing! :)
LOTRlover chapter 8 . 6/15/2003
What a very satisfying story! I'm so glad you helped Thranduil and Legolas get through the grieving process. This chapter was the perfect closure to their grief and to the story itself.
Faerfaen chapter 8 . 6/15/2003
Aw it cant be over yet! Sequel? PLEASE? I hope so!

*~* Dy *~*
daw the minstrel chapter 8 . 6/15/2003
I really like your portrayal of Thranduil as a father. He is sensitive to Legolas's fears and pain and joys. At least, he is now that his own loss is not so acute.

Also, I liked the dream of Telparion who continues to love him and their son and the then the presence of the flower petals to signal that the dream was a dream but it was not an illusion.

Great story, Jay.
Thranduilion chapter 1 . 6/15/2003
A great story, made me cry a little, but also made me laugh.

erunyauve chapter 8 . 6/14/2003
Thranduil's dream and the flowers were a nice touch - a way for Legolas to say good-bye. The little wolfhound likewise is a wonderful idea (I would imagine that young elves are a bit better about taking care of pets than humans - empathy for the animal probably comes more naturally to them). And of course he would name the dog 'Huan' - I can imagine that stories of the real Huan would be a big favorite with little elves!

I just want to hear the story of Thranduil and his wolf cub... .
None chapter 8 . 6/14/2003
Beautiful! Great fiction! It made cry and made laugh too. Do I have to say anything else?
Nilmandra chapter 8 . 6/14/2003
Ah, nice story, Jay. I am glad Thranduil and Legolas have worked through their immediate grief and can now move on with their lives together.
JastaElf chapter 8 . 6/14/2003
Oh Lordy, Jay, WHAT a chapter! Good to see both Legolas AND his father laughing, for a change... and Legolas is SUCH a ten year old, I just love him. His missing the waterfall while looking for something to drink was SO typical of a kid that age... (grin)

Thranduil's dream of Telparian had just the right level of sadness and joy intermingled-and it's good to see she hasn't lost her spunk in Mandos. (grin)

The imagery of the blanket of lissuin flowers was just wonderful... and how Silvan of Legolas to notice the plants were too numerous and too close to be healthy! I hope they will flourish on the grave...

And then the paternal compassion and maneuvering, to help a growing Elfling give in to a need for Ada's reassurance on the ride home... just perfect!

I want a wolfhound too... The puppies sound adorable! But Thranduil has a point about working dogs inside the house... still, it is good they will let Legolas at least help care for and train the pups. Maybe someday that close bond from the beginning will turn into a story of Legolas going hunting with his faithful Huan... (grin) Oh look, was that a bunny jumping past on the Forest path?

Excellent chapter, nin mellon, and a lovely wrap-up of the tale. Thank you for both!
Irish Anor chapter 7 . 6/5/2003
please finish i just read it and i cried- i am a sucker for sad stories and happy endings *sigh
Firnsarnien chapter 7 . 6/1/2003
That was a very sweet chapter! :) Legolas' enthusiasm and zest for life is quite contagious! Hurry with the next chappy! ;)
Legolas4me chapter 7 . 5/31/2003
aw how sweet! I love Legolas as a child. This story is so very good. Please update soon.
TreeHugger chapter 7 . 5/31/2003
Everyone seems very happy and relieved that Legolas is acting more like himself. Mireth hugging him in public was too cute! Adults do have a way of embarrassing younglings with public displays of affection! ;)

Girith has a surprise for Legolas? I think I really like this man among elves. He must have been VERY worried about the little prince if he spoke! That is great! :)

I had to smile at Thranduil curbing Morel so Legolas could win. Sometimes the little ones must be allowed to finish first, Morel! ;)

The father/son time here is perfect. It is something they both need.

So Legolas has something in common with his grandfather! :) That is very nice!

I thought it was very kind of Legolas to conceed the rock gathering contest to his father, who had nicer looking pebbles. :) He is such a sweetheart! :)

:( Oh dear. Pain is always there under the surface, and may be laid aside for a time, but then it comes back so sharply. :(

LOL I was wondering when we would hear the story of the breeches! :)

LOL Legolas! What makes you think that the king in the story was your adda? ? ;) That should shed some new light on Tionel! :)

LOL Nope. No dungeons in Lasgalen! ;)

LOL It seems that this is one very stubborn family of elves! They insist on learning things the hard way! I had to laugh at the curse from those childish lips. They hear all the words they shouldn't! ;)

This was very nice and great fun! Definitely a time of "healing" for them both! Wonderful!

Elenath sila am le!