Reviews for Telparian
TreeHugger chapter 1 . 3/10/2003
This promises to be a sad tale, Jay.

Legolas is so very sweet to give Lissuin his first bow. That is a very thoughtful gift. All his work on it to make it new and her very own shows a great care and love even before he meets her. He will be a most excellent older brother.

Oh no.I wondered about this. I didn't recall seeing her name in your other stories. I hoped I was just misremembering.

Oh Jay! This is so heartbreaking! Now I need to run for tissues! Poor Thranduil and poor Legolas! To have lost both wife/mother and daughter/sister at the same time! This is just so very tragic! A time that should have been filled with such joy has been made so full of tears and grief!

I am glad that Thranduil is disregarding the tradition and staying with his son. Legolas is alive and needs his comfort now, more than do the dead. They are going to need each other a lot now, since they are the only ones left.

How very sad! Such a touching chapter!

Elenath sila am le!
Tylian chapter 1 . 3/9/2003
Wow. I love your work, and I especially love stories that fill in the blanks on Legolas' (my fav. chara) background. keep up the good work!
Nerys chapter 1 . 3/9/2003
Oh god I'm crying. That was so heart-wrenchingly honest and true.

The characterisations of Legolas and Thranduil were brilliant, and the bit with the bow made me smile.

I saw you had put this up a couple of days before I updated, and panicked with all the "Legolas losing his mother" plots going round.

I can't wait for more
Lisseyelen aka Lady V chapter 1 . 3/9/2003
What does "Lissuin" mean? Or rather, what does "uin" mean? 'Cause I know what "Liss" . I have it in my own name.*feels all proud and important for knowing elvish*

*cough* Anyways, this is a new take on the death of Legolas's mother. Normally she dies in Legolas's childbirth, and Thranduil goes mad, but I really don't like that story plot much.

This is interesting, will keep reading.
Marnie chapter 1 . 3/9/2003
Ditto to what Daw said - very heartwrenching indeed!
Faerfaen chapter 1 . 3/9/2003
This was really good! But sad. Please update again soon!

*~* Dy *~*
Jocelyn chapter 1 . 3/8/2003
Oh dang! Real life is kicking me around enough as it is and now you go and make me cry! (sniffle!)

Other than that, I can see you've got the makings of a real heart-wrencher here. It has all the usual trappings of your magnificent skill; the delightful characterization of little Legolas, the strong-and-stern-yet-loving Thranduil, and the little details that make the characters so real.

Forgive my recent absences, but as I said, RL is being unexpectedly difficult, so I may be scarce for awhile. But be assured, I remain your devoted fan and eagerly awaiting your updates.

So to snap me out of this depression, I demand an update of "With Friends Like These!" I need a good laugh!
erunyauve chapter 1 . 3/8/2003
I like your light touch with the angst. You let your characters show us their pain, rather than telling us about it, and it works beautifully (I had tears in my eyes).
sentbyheaven2468 chapter 1 . 3/8/2003
I thought this story was very good! I'm new here so I don't know much about it, but I do know about writing stories and this is an excellent story! Good job!
elfchic02 chapter 1 . 3/8/2003
wah! this actually made me start crying! This is good, you have to come up with later chapters! Keep going, this is really good! :-P

Elfie5 chapter 1 . 3/8/2003
Sad! Oh my gosh. I cried myself! great job! I felt so bad for Legolas and Thranduil. *Cries*
Lost Echo Of The Wood chapter 1 . 3/8/2003
I can't wait to see what happens next. Good story _
JastaElf chapter 1 . 3/8/2003
OMG, Jay, that was-so sad!

Definitely angsty. poor little Legolas, doing over his first bow for the baby like that, then. *sob!*

Good for Thranduil though, to take care of the living child over the tradition. Poor Thranduil. poor Legolas.

I look forward with dread and sadness to where you go with this.
daw the minstrel chapter 1 . 3/8/2003
This is so sad! You've done a nice job of showing this child all by himself trying to figure out what the grownups are doing. The present of the bow is touching.
134 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9