Reviews for Voices in the Night
PSW chapter 1 . 9/12
This was very intriguing - I so love a nice introspective piece. :-) I was fascinated by his explanation of the halls of Mandos as a place of cleansing and a place to face who you are and what you have become. Also liked the bit about Maglor - very nice twist even if it is (as you indicated) slightly AU. Thanks for writing!
ErynLasgalen26 chapter 1 . 2/5/2004
Wonderfully written!
I too love Glorfindel and thanks to you he has come very much alive.
It is interesting to see his thoughts, for I truly believe they could have been similar had Professor Tolkien written them down himself.
May the Muses always stay at your side!
Faerfaen chapter 1 . 5/12/2003
Awesome! You have a great gift.

**~ Dy *~*
Aria7 chapter 1 . 4/15/2003
Ah.. that was well I don't know if sweet is the right word really, almost gentle especially in comparison to many other fics. I wonder will we ever know if Glorfindel ever found our 'elusive singer', and I peronally agree with you forever is a long time. Besides Tolkien says that in HoMe that the Silmarillion was made by men and so is not entirely correct in parts, perhaps that was one such part!

Anyway lovely fic, as per usual.

LOTRlover chapter 1 . 4/14/2003
What an interesting look at Glorfindel in an introspective mood! I like this very much indeed. Your view of what it would be like in the Halls of Mandos agrees closely with mine.

I like the idea of Maglor watching over Elrond, too, even though I think it's more canon for him to wander the seashore, constantly longing for the Silmaril.

This is a lovely piece.
Dragon Confused chapter 1 . 3/13/2003
Yay, liked this. Especially liked Maglor still watching over Elrond. I feel really sorry for Maglor sometimes. I also liked the way you made Glorfindel speak, not arrogant or up himself, just saying what he has seen.

"I will not begrudge them the tunic from my back. Perhaps even my horse."

That made me smile.

Hellga chapter 1 . 3/9/2003
Two moments marring my overall great impression of this fic: 1) Mandos (NĂ¡mo) was a Vala (Valier is a plural for female Valar). 2) By Singer I presume you mean Maglor (I don't think you mean Daeron), but Maglor was said to be wandering the coast of the Sea. After all, he has thrown the SIlmaril there. And why would a Noldo wander forests anyway? Just my two small gripes with this fic. But my general impression is very good, you are very careful with the sources (it seems you have read more than just Silm, though I can't say for sure).
Aislynn Crowdaughter chapter 1 . 3/9/2003

This is beautiful! I like the way you picture Mandos and what the healing in the Halls of Waiting is about. The idea that the fear are the essence of what one is, stipped of regrets and pain and hurts and grieves of life, is intriguing.

I also love the reference to Maglor. It is a great idea that he continues to watch over Elrond, his de-facto foster son, in secret, and that Glorfindel would be aware of him.

This is one of my favorite fics here, and I like it a lot.

Thank you!

jkhan chapter 1 . 3/9/2003
Nice Muses. :)

I am correct in believing the singer is Maglor.? Hmm, I thought he stayed at the seashores, but hey, I'm not complaining~

I liked this one. It's really good, and quite an interesting thought about the Halls of Mandoes. Rather thought provoking and inspiring, i must say. Heckk, I've got an idea popped in my head already.
xsilicax chapter 1 . 3/8/2003
I really liked this take on Glorfindel, that even he is unsure of his role at times, yet remains true to himself. I am glad he is content with his life in Rivendell, I have often wondered how different it would seem to him to return from Mandos to a brief moment of joy before the darkness draws near.

You have made his mide a truly wonderful place to be,

LasseLanta01 chapter 1 . 3/8/2003
Wonderful, simply deep and wonderful. May the muses smile on you some more.