Reviews for swing my heart across the line
RainyDayReading chapter 1 . 11/11/2017
AAAAHHH I LOVE THIS! The AU is wonderfully and perfectly written, and Ginny's relationship with Luna is just SO SWEET! My favorite part, however, is probably Ginny's relationship with Harry- they're teasing and fun, just like friends should be. I also adored the part where Lily (is alive!) and asks to hear Ginny's news before Harry... that was brilliant! Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, WONDERFUL job with this one!
wingsofcosmos chapter 1 . 10/21/2017
I really love this, it's great! Just the way you wrote the interactions between Ginny and Luna was incredibly lovely, and the whole Harry/Cedric/Cho relationship was amazing. Well done!
Hogwarts Official chapter 1 . 9/6/2017
Your feedback from Hogwarts for Assignment 2 (Performing Arts)

Your Grade: 18.75/20 (EE)
Your Examiner: Emiliya (Emiliya Wolfe)
Your Feedback:

The physical descriptions are all according to canon, and I really enjoyed the nice touch with the houses that reflect the characters' personalities. I liked this side of Ginny. We don't really get into the aftereffects of Riddle's diary (which you translated to AU perfectly, by the way) and that is most likely when she became friends with Luna. I also really enjoyed the way you created Harry and Ginny's relationship. It's lovely, and that's how I would imagine their friendship to be if they were Muggles.

I'm not an expert on triads, but I felt like Cho and Cedric fell a bit flat here. It seems as though they're a couple and Harry's the third wheel, or as though they've merged into one person without distinct personalities of their own.

This was definitely an original story, so much that I wasn't even sure if you would pull it off. Having so many couples in a short fic is hard, but you pulled it off quite well. I have read some Luna/Ginny fics, but never a Harry/Cho/Cedric which was very interesting. I also liked that Luna is the one to reassure Ginny, rather than having a very butch and confident Ginny. It makes them feel a lot more like equals.

Flow was very good. I appreciated the little snippets of each scene, and though usually I pick up on SPaG during my first read, this time it flowed so seamlessly that I had to reread it to check for mistakes.

I especially liked the dialogues, which changed with each conversation. Ginny doesn't act the same whether with Harry, with Luna, or even with Lily Potter, which is very realistic.

The prompt was used, and it was used originally, because you give us a hint of happily ever after before even starting. It was used in depth, because there were two sides to the happily ever after - the friendship with Hermione and the relationship with Luna.

I was pretty disappointed that we didn't get to see a couple of scenes, namely the makeup between Ginny and Hermione. That would have been an interesting conversation, but I think you were trying to concentrate on the Ginny/Luna pairing. I

t was a very interesting version of a Muggle!AU. I was pleased to see Lily Potter make an appearance, and yet there are hints to things happening that happen in canon.

I especially enjoyed the last reference to the Weasley's huge family.

SPaG: [both Potter scream] - Potters / [Hi, ,] - remove second comma / [seems to regain…] - missing word [Monica] / [in the Potter's kitchen] - Potters'
2olluxampora chapter 1 . 8/30/2017
I loved this! It really rang true for what a non-magical AU might be like, and the development of Ginny and Luna's relationship was great.
therevolutionsayshi chapter 1 . 8/29/2017
i love this? so much? i really love your characterization of both ginny and luna in this lmao. and when lily said 'then it's more than good' i think i died? plus, the whole dynamic with cedric harry and cho in this was just. so good. and hermione being president of the human rights club is just so perfect? just. yeah. i love this a lot lmao
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 8/29/2017