Reviews for Kid Icarus: Adversary
SmashBrosFan96 Jr chapter 10 . 11/27/2017
Nice ending. did you say that there will be a sequel?.
JH24 chapter 10 . 11/27/2017
A very nice ending. Before this chapter came out part of me was expecting Pit to join Medusa, but I really like what you did here. Pit's home is still in Skyworld, and even though he doesn't rejoin Palutena's army (He's entirely right, after what Palutena has done, the goddess needs to earn his trust again) he still wants to live there.

I really like how Pit has chosen a path for himself in this ending. As an independent angel, someone who needs to find his own way, but also someone who never wants to lose sight of who he really is. A compassionate, kind and understanding angel. A brave angel who always wants to protect and help those in need, and who fights for those who can not.

The scene between Palutena and Pit was very well done, and for a moment I could see a glimpse of the old Palutena once more. While the wounds left from the conflict are deep, the connection between them isn't entirely gone. And even now, Palutena seems to fully understand who Pit truly is, what Pit truly stands for - hope and light - and she admires that about him.

Medusa has come a long way, and actually seems to have developed a fondness toward Pit. I really like the understanding that has grown between them. I can't shake the feeling there may be something more, that there's a connection between Pit and Medusa (just like Pit has with Palutena) we aren't aware of yet.

I loved the scene with the human world, with the shrine in honor of those who had fallen, to Viridi's sanctuary in the devastated human towm. I really like the resolution of this conflict. A complete withdrawal from the human world, and with the humans having to stand on their own.

A very nice ending. Thank you for sharing your amazing work with us, and I look forward to find out what you have in store for us in the future.
SmashBrosFan96 Jr chapter 9 . 11/9/2017
I really liked this one. Especially the brief fight between Palutena and Medusa. I'm interested to see how this ends.
JH24 chapter 9 . 11/9/2017
And so the final confrontation comes to a close. I have to say I really liked how you brought Medusa to the scene. It feels fitting that it was Medusa who would fight her sister. Light vs. Dark. A goddess of darkness who in some ways has changed, and a goddess of light who refuses to admit she has changed as well.

The part where Medusa told Palutena that she had abandoned her angels, that she had abandoned Pit, was emotional. It's ironic in a sense that it had to be Palutena's own sister to point this out.

I also liked how despite everything Pit still cared for Palutena and would have tried to save her, even though he couldn't fly.

The battle is finally over, but the wounds that are left behind are deep. What will Pit do now? What path will he choose for himself?

There's one thing I do want to point out (as constructive criticism) that although Palutena's reasoning is clear, her quick decision to abandon Pit, after all those years they've known and cared for each other, feels forced. If you wish, try to give more insight regarding Palutena's decision in the final chapter to close that part of the story. Because it gives the impression she never cared for Pit at all. It could be argued that she didn't need Pit anymore because she was able to bring back the other angels into her army but she still had a bond with him.

I look forward to see what will happen in the final chapter. I have a feeling Pit will have to make an important decision for himself. (If you wish, please consider a scene with Palutena and Pit together, it would be the perfect way to see things both from Pit and Palutena's perspective) Thank you for sharing your work with us.
JH24 chapter 7 . 11/2/2017
I posted a longer comment in the next chapter. But I really wanted to leave a comment for this chapter as well. The scene between Medusa and Pit... I can't express it into words... but their entire scene is so amazingly written. It's heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time.

How Pit was struggling with his own emotions, and how Medusa -unsure at first how to react- held the broken angel in a warm embrace, and genuinely tried to comfort him.

I really like how she told Pit he shouldn't apologize to her, and that she didn't deserve his kindness. It shows in a way that Medusa has long accepted who she is, but she is also humble enough to admit this to the young angel. Medusa knows she has flaws and is evil -and she doesn't deny it- but she's honest about herself and what's in her heart. And it creates a contrast with Palutena, who is the Goddess of Light, yet doesn't seem to be honest about herself and who she is.

A heartwarming and beautifully written scene. The last line is simple yet incredibly powerful.

"He held onto his faith."

Very, very well done.
JH24 chapter 8 . 11/2/2017
Interesting. This is a very interesting perspective on Palutena and her views on humans. I like how you turned one of Palutena's virtues and strengths (caring and protecting the humans) in a weakness that seems to have become a twisted obsession for her. Going so far as to sacrifice her own servants for what she believes is right.

I also like how Pit is the center in this war and has to face his own personal struggles. Everything he believes in is turned upside down, and amid the chaos he has to find a path for himself. Without Palutena he has to make his own choices. He still has compassion for the humans and wants to believe in them, but he also believes that what's happening now isn't right.

I'm fascinated by how you're portraying Palutena here. At first glance it seems she's out of character, but when you go deeper into it, everything she does seems to make sense from her perspective and values. I like the comment Medusa once made about what is hidden in Palutena's heart. Maybe someone or something is influencing the goddess of light in some way.

I have no idea how you're going to end this. I always loved the bond and trust between Palutena and Pit, and it's heartbreaking to see them like this, but at the same time you're portraying the rift and conflict between a broken angel and a fallen goddess so well. I also like how you've given Medusa her own role and have developed her character. You could say she's still evil and hates humans -and she's not denying that- but I really like how you're giving her a more vulnerable and understanding side.

Loved that the scene with Pittoo appearing to participate in the fight, that's so him.

I can't wait to see what you're planning next. An emotional clash between Palutena and Pit seems possible now, and this time Pit may have to come to terms with having to fight Palutena as she truly is. No Chaos Kin, no copy made by lord Dyntos, but the real goddess of light.

I'm still hoping Palutena and Pit can somehow mend the rift between them, but whatever the outcome, I look forward to see the exciting conclusion.
El Presidente chapter 8 . 10/25/2017
Here's my idea of how Palutena found Pit and his origins:
Pit was born an angel baby when Medusa causes mass genocide on his old homeland, His mother hid him in a chimney and, after a tearful goodbye, she led the Goddess of Darkness away from him and was hunted down. After the slaughter, Palutena found Pit and took him to SkyWorld.
SmashBrosFan96 Jr chapter 8 . 10/25/2017
So... the Mirror is the reason why the humans are kidnapping Underworld monsters?. weird.
SmashBrosFan96 Jr chapter 7 . 10/18/2017
Well, in Palutena's defence. that's the awful truth about war. countless lives are taken and you can't always save your men.
This applies to Bowser's Army from the Mario games. in Paper Mario COlor SPlash there's a Shy Guy in one of the Train Levels where he rants about how much it sucks being Bowser's Minion, he's forced to work for Bowser and that he simply wants to see his friends and family again.
It's stuff like this that makes me feel sorry for both the heroes and villains.
ShadmeTheAngel chapter 6 . 10/17/2017
*throws hand into air* YES! Thank you for being one of the rare fanfiction writers who understands that romance isn’t necessary for a good story! There’s really not much to do with it- I find reading stories with unique and interesting plots to be more fun than the same rehashed romance story over and over.
Ahem, romance rant over, you just want to torture us with that cliffhanger, don’t you? XD I like how you physically made Magnus age (I did in my story, too!) and how he and Gaol are a fighting force together. Gaol’s one of my faves. The battle against Palutena was really interesting, too- once again, her motivations seem to be true to her character, but in a lot more twisted way. Where did all those angels come from, though? XD I’m also glad to see Dark Pit here! His opinions are pretty brutally honest- it’ll be interesting to see how he’ll be able to fight Palutena’s forces without being biased towards her, as Pit will likely be. Don’t leave me hanging! :P
SmashBrosFan96 Jr chapter 6 . 10/16/2017
I always had this idea that Medusa was originally the protector/savior of Skyworld and the humans. but Medusa eventually realizes that they aren't exactly pure, they never treated her right for being the Goddess of Darkness and favored Palutena. Palutena constantly defended them for their actions and it eventually leads up to Medusa's bitter hatred for the humans, Palutena turning her sister into a monster and banishing Medusa to the Underworld.
It's pretty strange that Palutena is starting to... enjoy defending the humans. could it be that she's turning evil possibly?.
This is probably just me. but Dark Pit always reminds me of Vegeta from the Dragon Ball series.
I feel so sorry for you. I'm kinda glad I didn't go to College. I can't afford it anyway.
SmashBrosFan96 Jr chapter 5 . 10/6/2017
Wow, I didn't think Medusa had it that hard in the Underworld. I can see why she clings onto her servant. she has a bond simillar to Pit and Palutena and Veridi and phosphora.
ShadmeTheAngel chapter 5 . 10/6/2017
Sooo too much affection between master and servant is deemed unacceptable? I assume this means that Palutena X Pit will not be a thing. Thank goodness- I don’t like that ship. XD It was very interesting to learn about the geography and inhabitants of the Underworld! I wonder if there was an estrangement between Aeria and the other harpies, after watching that spat go down. Harpies are still quite mysterious, it seems. I liked the moments between Pandora and Pit, by the way! They’re still pretty clearly uncomfortable with each other but tolerant, at the very least. Is Thanatos around?
ShadmeTheAngel chapter 4 . 9/28/2017
Oh wow. O.O So much went down in that chapter! I still refuse to believe that Palutena's that dense- she's acknowledged the faults of humans before, and she seems to be written a bit...aggressive? Controlling? Though her being so against preserving Underworld monster survival does make sense. Why did she let Pit just...go like that, though? XD She of all people knows how strong he is, and that's just asking for trouble! I liked the bit of character building that was done by adding the detail of the Underworld monsters grieving for the fallen. Makes me more curious about this Pit-Viridi-Medusa allegiance that seems to be blooming. :0 Sorry this review's all over the place, lol!
SmashBrosFan96 Jr chapter 4 . 9/25/2017
wOW, i CAN'T IMAGINE BEING UP FOR 2 DAYS. i'M VERY CURIOUS TO WHY pALUTENA IS SO DEFENSIVE ABOUT WHAT THE HUMAN'S. i MEAN, THE uNDERWORLD MONSTERS HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING...THIS TIME AT LEAST.
i'D LIKE TO SEE pIT and Medusa interact with each other. maybe Medusa can tell Pit her side of the story of Why she and Palutena hate each other. there was a time when Palutena and Medusa ruled Skyworld together after all.