Reviews for Gentrification
elizabethrose1974 chapter 1 . 2/19
loved your story boo! thank you!
YourVeryOwnRandomCatLady chapter 22 . 2/17
What a cute story! I am in love with this sccenerio. Thank you for writing, and sharing your ideas with us.
YourVeryOwnRandomCatLady chapter 22 . 2/17
what a cute little story! im in love with scenerio! Thank you for writing ang sharing your wonderful idea!
ConsumeSMKdoa chapter 8 . 2/15
I'm loving every bit of this story. Finding myself in this Hermione.
dapperyklutz chapter 22 . 2/3
I've never read a HP fic written in first POV, so this was honestly a huge delight to read! Not only that, but the slow and gradual progression of their relationship from acquaintance to friends to lovers was beautifully executed. I admit, I can relate to A LOT of the things that happened in the whole story - pretty eerie too as I can easily empathise with Hermione's situation all throughout.

So yeah, thank you for this! Will be favoriting your story and will definitely read it again! ;)
AnotherAldebaran chapter 22 . 1/22
Thanks for this story! Quite nice and a much better path for Hermione, filled with coffee...

Agree on JKR and Hermione, she hasn't even given her parents proper names. Pretty poor for one of the main characters.
Ms. Anthrop chapter 22 . 1/6
What lovely, refreshing story! I adored how you built up their relationship and gave it a good foundation, and I was thrilled how they ended up- it was just so satisfying to see both of them opting for something better, as you put it. The banter and humour was wonderful, and the wider circle of support around Hermione and Severus was a much-needed change from all the angst I've been reading lately.

For what it's worth, I totally agree with you when it comes to the Grangers, and it's one of the reasons I view Dumbledore as a great wizard, but not a good one. The only reason I can see for him not to try and protect the Grangers (and come on, there were plenty of reasons why they should have been!) was that it purposely separated her from her family, and caused her to throw her lot in completely with Harry. I also think that it was a lazy bit of writing on JKR's part (along with killing off Snape, but that's a whole other rant...). So yeah. Loved your story, think it's a million times better and more realistic than that epilouge, and I hope that you have some more goodies coming our way :)
Ms. Anthrop chapter 21 . 1/6
Here I was thinking that Dex's absence was something far more sinister, and it turns out he's only been snagged by Hooch (and it's her 5th marriage? Goodness!). *snort* Well played!

And now all of the pieces are in place, and it remains to seen what Hermione (and Severus) decide to. So many changes in such a short period of time!
Ms. Anthrop chapter 20 . 1/6
That went far better than I thought it would! Poor Neville...

Mmmm, a honeymoon in Paris. That hits a more romantic note!
Ms. Anthrop chapter 19 . 1/6
*blinks*

Wow. Didn't see that coming... well, didn't see that coming quite so quickly, at least. That proposal was very Snape-y. He's dang lucky that she was able to handle things gracefully and keep her temper in check- had that been my proposal, it would not have ended so smoothly.

The reactions of everyone are going to be priceless!
Ms. Anthrop chapter 18 . 1/6
Oh, Minerva, you are either being a very canny cat, or have just missed the shot of the year by not bringing Hermione in! The banter between the three of them was funny.

And it seems that that thread of doubt is still there- which one of them will bring up the looming separation first?
Ms. Anthrop chapter 17 . 1/6
Yay! Some happiness, finally! I loved that Hermione didn't wallow in matters (although she had plenty of reasons to do so!) and Snape had the courage to not let everything fizzle into nothing.

Just a wonderful chapter- you do such a great job of painting the wider web of relationships. I do love your Arthur- so in character, but possessing a wonderful wit.

Also, double yay for not making Severus SexGod!Snape.
Ms. Anthrop chapter 16 . 1/6
Those are some large, much-needed changes to Hogwarts- and it makes a nice place for Hermione to slide into should she (and Minerva!) want.

Ohh, that line at the end hurts. It's the most wretched feeling when you don't know if someone returns your feelings; you want to believe so badly, but the doubt eats away at you. Lovely chapter.
Ms. Anthrop chapter 15 . 1/6
You have written Ron so gently here, especially compared to the normal scorched-earth campaigns that are so common amongst the good ship SSHG. It's a nice change. He's still a prat- still Ron- but has grown up and finally has more depth than a teaspoon.

What lovely quiet moments between Hermione and Snape. They are drifting into coupledom, and I hope that they make the leap of recognition soon!
Ms. Anthrop chapter 14 . 1/6
How sad that she wasn't even listed as their next-of-kin. The entire situation just sucks...

I really like how you've built the relationship between Hermione and Severus; their feelings are far more than some magical bolt from the blue, and they have the foundation of something strong. Very curious to see how things shake out once they return to England. Will it be all quiet on the home front, or will something else blow up?