Reviews for Ice Can Burn
yuiop chapter 8 . 4/15
Nice.
jmeec316 chapter 8 . 4/11
Wow. This was...so good. Perhaps my favorite way for Jon to reveal his news to Dany that I’ve read. It was so touching.
karlaflores94 chapter 8 . 4/10
That was intense!
Lillian81 chapter 8 . 4/10
Absolutely excellent chapter
EndlessReign chapter 8 . 4/9
This was a beautiful chapter.
iia-ff-2 chapter 8 . 4/9
This is still iia-ff, just the stupid doesn't allow more than one comment per Chapter, very annoying. I didn't know that when I posted my one sentence review, at all
But I will not be deterred so easily, so had to open another user id..

So, I calmed down from first reading, a bit, and can offer somewhat more of a coherent review than just "gaah"...
This was by far the most beautiful reveal reaction that I have read. And I read a lot. But saying this actually undervalues what you actually wrote here, this first part as a stand alone is just poetry.
Jon in Ghost's mind, the mix of two minds really, the pain, the wish to lose oneself-so palpable, the impression so potent.. A poem, truly.
"And then he was flying"..."He was a wolf, not a sky snake, not a dragon"... Yeah, your writing is just unbelievable. I don't have words really to say how beautiful this first part really was-I am not exaggerating when I say that my heart truly sped up when reading this. Stories like this is why I am addicted to reading.

If you don't mind me saying, I would suggest you post this on Archive for your Own as well-I see that some of the commentors here on your story also comment on there, but I also think that you will reach many more people (more GOT people now read on Ao3 than here), and your story is truly remarkable. I would have missed your story if I hadn't been here by accident when you updated, because I didn't know of it. And I would have missed truly an experience. Maybe you can even post the fist part of this chapter (before Drogon lands) as a one-shot, it is truly original.

Also, I just now discovered by trying to post this that I can only post one review per chapter, the stupid ! That was truly annoying, on Ao3 there is not such restriction and one can have even a conversation in the comments.

And so whereas I would have made this part I of the review, to cut it for length, part II to follow, but now that I know the stupid restrictions I will have to continue this wall of text, and cut the rambling a bit.

The second part was also amazing, and very different. As I said, the best reveal I have read yet, by far. Dany going to the crypts, meeting Ghost, and her talking to him, and her last words that made both Ghost and Jon come to her-"I need you"..."I am the last dragon, I have to be able to survive alone", truly at the heart of Dany's journey.

And then Jon and Dany talking-just flawless. And the last scene, and the ending, just gaah...
Thank you so much for writing this, I will be forever grateful that you shared it and I was able to read it.
iia-ff chapter 8 . 4/9
Gaah, this was so beautiful, it hurt...
keller.blair1 chapter 1 . 4/9
I do like this first chapter but the mention of drogo I don't know why many people act like she should miss him he raped her at the tender age of 12 and was a violent savage no more no less
Waitin4You86 chapter 8 . 4/9
What a wonderful chapter! Please keep them coming.
ande chapter 7 . 4/8
Eagerly awaiting the next chapter!
iia-ff chapter 7 . 4/7
Aah, the reveal...I seriously hope you are not going to make a deal out of our modern idea of incest, as so many stories for some reason seem to want to. In Westeros only siblings and parent/child relationships were considered incest, and Starks like everybody else married cousins and even uncle/niece (same degree of relationship as aunt/nephew, but more common in Westoros due to age being better adjusted in the uncle/niece case, usually). Of all the things that come with the reveal (like Jon's whole life being a miserable lie, and the whole rebellion being a lie, and Ned sending him to the Wall, a penal colony, without telling him anything about his mother), the blood relation is not really an issue in the ASOIAF universe.
But on to the actual chapter:
First, loved reading Jon's thoughts in the first part of the chapter, your writing is amazing.
Sam and Bran not going the best way about the reveal was even somewhat funny, if not for the seriousness of the situation-very in character.
The whole chapter as always was amazing. That ending though, memorable and very chilling...
Your writing is just wonderful! Looking forward to more, please!