Reviews for SLIP
OriannaDe chapter 4 . 10/1/2003
Good Lord, that was a good story. I am not a fan of Whitney, but you wrote him in the best way he could be written. That was one of the most stunning stories I have read in a long while. It just makes me want to cry and ponder deep things. Thank you. - Orianna

ps - and I'm always happy to read the fanfic of fellow TWoP lovers! Omar is the man.
Pan chapter 1 . 7/23/2003
Great story - I really enjoyed it. I don't think I've ever read the idea of time travel done *quite* like that before, it had real originality. I liked the pacing too, it got pretty tense and exciting as it sped up at the end, that's hard to do, so well done. And the idea of how Lex would rule his empire is chilling!

My only criticism is that I think you need to tidy the story up a bit as there are a few loose grammatical and spelling mistakes. Also, a little more dialogue from Whitney that matches how he spoke in the show.

But overall, really good story.
TheDieHard01 chapter 4 . 5/1/2003
Whoa. Holy shit. That was awesome.

And I thought *I* was being brutal to Whit when I just crippled him. ("Payback".)

Somebody remind me not to call you "sir."

It's too bad you couldn't do this with anonymous characters. Every veteran out there would be worshipping your feet.

As it is, maybe we can get a few of our Gulf War returnees to watch Smallville. After all, the Superman mythos is universal.

Luthor employing Limbaugh. It fits.

Whoa.
Renee chapter 4 . 3/18/2003
WoW! That was an amazing story. It's sad that Whitney had to die to end it, but what a glorious way to die!

Very interesting look into the Luthor psychie "Want, more then anything else, defines a Luthor."

I also love the fact that even when Lex was all-powerful Chloe was still the only one willing to fight for her beliefs b/c that is exactly her character.
LastScorpion chapter 4 . 3/17/2003
Oh my gosh! What a perfect Brave!Whitney ending.
SAKI1 chapter 4 . 3/17/2003
"It makes me wonder if you believe in happy endings... "

Yeah I DO believe in happy endings, in fact i'm kind of upset that this story insisted on being a sad ending. My original intent was to write a story that brought Whitney back to life in a believable way (by Smallville standards). I thought that invulnerability would be hella lame and that the phasing power was already done and besides that, it was a pretty lame power anyway. My original outline had him surviving but every time i tried to write that ending it just never worked... It's weird how sometimes you have no power over your own story.

Anyway, if you want to discuss this anymore, go to the Smallville message boards at .com. There's a thread called fanfiction discussion. I'd like to hear more of your views or at least see if you can come up with a way of keeping poor whitney alive that doesn't suck all thirty one flavors of ass. It seems like every year i'm killing the poor guy off and am beginning to wonder if inwardly i have something against pretty quarterbacks. I feel like he's my own personal Pangloss. Or Kenny if you want a more modern day reference.
Pairatime chapter 4 . 3/16/2003
I like to story. your good. I like to way it ended. Dark but not.
deanine chapter 4 . 3/16/2003
My God, this was fabulous. It gave Whitney's death more weight and importance. It kept you guessing up until the last moment. Now, here's a question for you, will his sacrifice work? hehe would be sad if it doesn't.
Chaney chapter 4 . 3/16/2003
Oh, my...I...Woah. I loved this story, it was beautiful. It was ana amazing oncept, and really makes one think. Thanks for sharing.

Woah.
deanine chapter 3 . 3/15/2003
Dark and yummy, this fic is original and a pleasure to read. It makes me wonder if you believe in happy endings... happy writing! :)
SAKI1 chapter 1 . 3/15/2003
TY so much for your kind words Deanine. I noticed that you read my other story the variable too. That's a real compliment when you search for stuff that i wrote a year ago. Ty for the constructive criticism. If i can, i'll go ahead and change the story so that i'm not in dialouge only mode so long. I've started to read your stories too. I've only had the chance to read the prolouge of lost, but i can tell already that i'm going to like it.
deanine chapter 2 . 3/12/2003
WOW.

This story is absolutely fabulous. Vivid and positively enthralling. I hope you have more for us soon. :)
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 2 . 3/11/2003
wow! i love it! :) svp finish! though, my poor whitney better not recieve the death pentaily, maybe a charges dropped ;) lol love it!
Pairatime chapter 1 . 3/10/2003
I'love it more more Whitney was cool and they killed him so more pleases
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 1 . 3/9/2003
cant wait for the next part, you started off really good ;)