Reviews for Supernatural Affairs: Nine Cases
Pindrath chapter 129 . 3/10
This is easaly one of my favourite fics. It has so many different elements, and is a real breath of fresh air. It gets pretty intense near the end of each case, but overall has not made me as anxious as a lot of my other favourites.
Guest chapter 129 . 9/11/2023
The seminal White Rose fanfiction. A fully realized, well plotted out story with proper character arcs and romantic development. The parallels to the plot of the source material make it a fun take on the “legend” of RWBY, so to speak, and a treat for fans of the original series (alongside the sister fic Dust Trader by the same author, which succeeds in much the same way). It’s also written in such a way that nonfans or even perhaps people who outright dislike the original RWBY series should find great enjoyment here.

Quite impressive.
Dracko1243 chapter 129 . 3/9/2023
Amazing story, one of my favourite white rose fics with an actual investigative/action story element to it. I can only hope to see the sequel one day, a day that I will have waited for. Anyways great work!
Dasgun chapter 1 . 12/6/2022
о0
Alexiitz chapter 129 . 5/1/2022
Arte, no hay otra forma de describir esta historia

Me alegro haberla encontrado, excelente desarrollo de trama y de personajes, como se manejo la relacion y el hilo de los casos, simplemente fue WOW, me dejo sin palabras

Tal vez esto no significa mucho, pero la verdad muchas felicidades por esta historia y por tu gran habilidad de escritura, ojala esto llegue a muchas personas para que puedan experimentar esta fabulosa creacion

Saludos
Terrah Dailey1 chapter 1 . 7/18/2021
this story is fantastic and possibly the best whiterose adventure tale on the site. i can't wait to read it again this winter. very inspiring and super fun.
Guest chapter 11 . 2/24/2021
I'm hoping you'll throw a curveball and this case will turn out to be something other than what it exactly looks like.

Neat story though. Would make a perfectly adequate urban fantasy novel if stripped of all RWBY bits so far.
TerribleIdeas chapter 129 . 1/7/2021
Excellent story! Or, series of novels/novellas? It took me a while to get through this, but I enjoyed every minute of it. The way you use the source material and then mold it into something of your own is absolutely enthralling. I look forward to reading more of your work.
YuukiAsuna-Chan chapter 28 . 3/30/2020
How can Ruby possibly be so naive. She can't possibly have been a cop for a couple years and be that naive. I gotta agree with Weiss here, i can see that reality is gonna hit Ruby hard at some point.
ChaosSpartan575 chapter 129 . 2/22/2020
This story was awesome. Dialogue was on point. The pacing and set up for later plot points were well executed. Well worth a read.
windsofsalem chapter 129 . 9/16/2019
Thank you for this incredible journey I can tell I will definitely be re reading this endlessly I cannot wait to read more of what you have to offer
ScribeAssistant chapter 129 . 9/8/2019
Well, that was quite the story! I have been away from the ff net for a couple of years now and this was a great way to get back into it.

Character development was pretty good and believable. Characterization was also pretty consistent throughout the whole story and I really enjoyed the slow burn.

As a police romance, the escalation from one case to another was also pretty good and kept me craving for the next development the whole time.

The way you explored magic, rituals and other materials was also very interesting and adequate for the word you created in general, following that same sense of escalation between cases while staying consistent with the world and rules you tailored.

Praises aside, if you allow me criticism: The word "somehow" appears way to frequently and keeps you from adding some extra life to your scenes.

Overall, it was a pretty good story and I went thought all chapters in just a couple of weeks, reading in every opportunity I could. I would LOVE to see more of detectives Rose and Schnee, but I do understand that you need some downtime from such a length work.

Right after finishing this I'm already up to date with Dust Trader, so please, keep up the great work!
smartalec121 chapter 129 . 8/26/2019
I don't really blame you for not wanting to write a sequel. I imagine this story was a monster to get through. As a reader, though, I think it was worth it. I really enjoyed reading through it. The way you translated the RWBYverse into this AU was fun, and the individual cases and overarching story were well executed. A lot of intense action too, with me wishing I could see scenes like the battle against the Prince and Weiss' struggles in Faerie in animation. And of course, Ruby and Weiss' dynamic is great throughout, being a well balanced mix of funny and emotional throughout. I won't waste time with my nitpicks, as most of them are more down to my personal preferences than objective criticism. Seriously, though, I was engaged the whole time, so great work all around.
Gryffindor620 chapter 129 . 8/9/2019
This was the best fucking story I ever read! I am so happy I got to be on this journey from almost the beginning and kinda sad I didn’t get to catch up until now. You’ve mixed sci-fi/ fantasy with a taste of reality!
As much as I would love and devour a sequel, this was an amazing story and could not be any happier with it’s conclusion. I wish this was on TV! I love it! I love it!
Thank you for taking time from your life to give all of us a damn good read!

~Gryff
Pterygio chapter 129 . 8/8/2019
This was fantastic. There's not a whole lot to say without repeating what I've said in my previous reviews. I enjoyed every second of this. The only negative thing I can say about this is that the ending did not feel satisfying to me. While I did enjoy how the main conflict and final case wrapped up, it feel like the conclusion chapters told far too little and didn't do enough to make me feel content with what was written. I can't be too mad, though, about you leaving it open ended for a sequel you don't expect to write, as I'm guilty of doing the exact same thing with my proudest story.
All in all, this was just an amazing story and easily my favorite RWBY fanfiction, although I can't say I've read too many. Thanks for putting so much effort into this and writing something that kept me entertained all the way through every single chapter.
1,159 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »