Reviews for Typical of Him
CoutureAndChampagne chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
You are definitely not an extinct species! I adore Cal; so intelligent, Beau, Debonair, sauve. Simply perfection in my opinion. i dont hate anything he did, he is only human after all and he just wanted to fight for something that he thought was lawfully and rightfully his. even she was a "Whore to a Gutter Rat" he loved her or tried to, he's never loved before so its hard for him to publicly display it.

dizzynetbookgirl chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
You posted this so long ago that idk if you'll even get my review, but I just want to say it's like the only fic I've found on here that really captures Cal's psychology - everyone always either idealizes or vilifies him but he's so much more complex than that. I love this story :)
McPhantom chapter 1 . 6/13/2007
Loved it. Very good!
Norma Jean the Dancing Machine chapter 1 . 8/2/2005
o0o quite evil!
Ezza1989 chapter 1 . 2/23/2005
This was really good-u got Cal's personality perfectly. i'm one of those jack/rose people, but i really liked your story, it explained a lot of things about Cal.

thanks for the great fan fic
pudding bowl fringe chapter 1 . 8/13/2004
I like this very much. The POV is wonderful. I have had the pleasure now of reading both of your Cal fanfics & I adore them both. You should really write more ! And anyways, you are not a dying breed, I happen to lurrvv him as well.

sara chapter 1 . 12/26/2003
Cal isnt such a bad guy. What Rose did was inmoral and she was engaged when she had she had an affair with Jack. Even though Cal wanted respect, he still loved Rose did was wrong.I think your story is great. Keep writing. _
SunnyD chapter 1 . 12/14/2003
That was awesome! A really great story!
Sara chapter 1 . 10/23/2003
Ever since I first saw Titanic, (on video and after a long wait) I've always felt slightly sad and kind of bitter over it's ending, (The part where Rose picks Jack, they have that special perfect love, blah blah) and have often wondered why they couldn't at least let Cal have a semi-decent ending. Reading your fanfic, kind of takes some of the sting away. Overall Great!

P.S. In case you're wondering...yes I am a huge Billy Zane fan, maybe that's why I'm so biased?
NirvanaRawkz chapter 1 . 8/19/2003
Of course I LOVE this! Captures Cal completely. Cal haters are just jealous ;-) Cal is an amazing character. And this story shines a new light on him. Loved it :-)
Tabby J Skylark chapter 1 . 6/24/2003
I like. I agree. In my mind, every single statement can be backed. Even THIS one: He would give his life for her and he almost did! He was willing to give up a lifeboat seat to go back for her. Remember? (Lovejoy was pissed!) Ya, most ppl overlook that part.

Anywayz, many judge Cal just as Rose did. Focus on the negative and miss the positive. I mean, if she had have TRIED they would have had a lovely relationship. He was only a bitch when she was a bitch.

Now, he crossed the line when he started firing the gun - but hey, they were all dying and he'd been cheated on and lost her to a hobo and AH! Ya, that was his reaction too: AH!

lol, thanks for writing this.
Artichokey chapter 1 . 5/21/2003
I myself am not a Cal fan, but I don't think he is and "unimaginable bastard" as Rose said. Rose and Cal both had reason for doing the things they did. The movie did an excellent job showing Rose’s view, and I think you showed Cal’s feelings beautiful.
Jennifer chapter 1 . 5/7/2003
You've captured quite nicely what Billy Zane said of his own character. I'll paraphrase here, since I can't remember the exact words, but they're in the book "James Cameron's Titanic." He says of Cal, "Cal is the product of bad programming and we're seeing it short out pretty violently. He could benefit from a relationship based on communication and honest feeling, but he's been brought up to think those things don't matter. His heart is breaking just as he realizes he *has* one." Well done!
Cherry-Alanna chapter 1 . 5/6/2003
Are u going to cont.?

I really liked this different view of the TITANIC. This is also the way i always felt Cal would feel.
Miss Late Bloomer chapter 1 . 5/2/2003
I must say, well done.

You don't quite justify what he's doing...even Cal knows this is wrong. But through your writing, I completely understand, and do hold some symapthy. And if Rose could have shown a little warmth, and just told him she was done, then it wouldn't have come to this.

I love your writing. It brings me to the scene, and I hate leaving it.

Thank you for the lovely read.