Reviews for Darkest Hour
DiabloFenrirCerberus chapter 19 . 8/30
Sorry nearly forgot, please tell me she trains to use Dark Sister or at least has light weight and flexible armour because that arrow has got to be incentive to have something crafted to cover vital areas.

Had to go back a chapter just to post this, whoops. Also don't know if I said previously but you are brilliant and I hope you keep this story going.
DiabloFenrirCerberus chapter 20 . 8/30
I just read your story through twice because it is...beautiful. I have no doubt you have put a lot of effort into making this story. It's so refreshing reading this, to see your take on it and even better that you focus on more than just the attraction between Daenerys and Jon.

The only questions I have really are is what are the tones Daenerys and Sansa's conversations going to have because they have been through somewhat similar situations because I see so many petty squabbles written or like blatant disrespect between characters in some other fics I've read. Like one character, a royal street orphan abused physically, mentally and sexually through family and marriage who has survived assassins and treachery to become a Queen in complete control of herself.

Then another character, who watched her father die and was held hostage and abused physically, mentally and sexually by her captors, "friends" and then a husband. Who escaped, survived and eventually took back her home and is now in complete control of herself. Like why would these characters not find at least one quality about each other that they can relate to or at least collaborate with each other to help their people survive?

Furthermore, Viserion. If you do kill him off, I'd love to see your take on how he dies because I never understood that this magical creature who is intelligent and thinks and plans wouldn't learn from dodging fireballs from season 6 or understand that his stronger and bigger brother was harmed from a flying projectile and that means he could to? Also the thought process Daenerys has when he falls because that look on her face broke my heart and when Viserion let out that last little whimper before he died and sunk just tore me to pieces. Like people say when she stood at the wall it was for Jon, but come on, her sweetest and gentlest baby was murdered and I feel that she stood up there for such a long period of time was out of denial, that "No, please, don't take another from me, not another child."

Sorry, I just love the bond between Daenerys and her children.
YES YES YES! Finally a storythat portarys Daenerys properly, THANKYOU! The different perspectives are all written well and I love how you followed main cannon events but so beautifully entertwined it with your own ideas. I feel that the original pieces you’ve added have actually explained and justified certain event which, that in the show just didn’t seem too logical or in line with the characters previous behaviour. It’s also incredibly refreshing to find a jonerys fic that isn’t so Jon centric and doesn’t down play Daenerys to build Jon up, but treats them as equals (though I must confess I will Daenerys will always be my favourite badasss ruler). The relationship you show Daenerys having with. Missandei and to a lesser extent Tyrion, Varys and Jorah is fantastic and something I hope to see more of :) and of course the dragons! I loved how the bond with the dragons was explored. Will you go into that with Viserions death? And hopefully give more of how it effects Dany and the others? I only just found this fic but I am eagerly anticipating what is to come! Thank you.
K4M1C chapter 1 . 7/3
I’m obsessed with this story
Update
majin soljam chapter 12 . 5/26
Always wanted it to happen this way...great!
Borg Colective chapter 17 . 5/23
Just to point out something

If jorah told her who cured him ,samwell tarly that is she may have had some regrets
Borg Colective chapter 14 . 5/23
So,she ask sorry to jon from what her father has done,but is upset that jaime killed him

And while you have some good ideas you seem to follow the canon

I thought this is a AU
Meazm chapter 20 . 5/23
Interesting!
Zmrzlina763 chapter 20 . 5/22
Love the interaction! Jamie is such a hypocrite calling Daenerys a monster after all of the things he and his family have done! He can pretend he's not responsible for some of those atrocities, but he certainly paved the way for Tywin and Cersei. At least Dany owns her shit. He deserves worse than he's going to get since he's more valuable as a bargaining chip.
nesciamema chapter 20 . 5/22
Wondering if Jon & Dany will have a moment before he heads north.
Charli.J.Lee chapter 1 . 5/22
People shouldn’t be complaining about Dark sister, you even said it might not be it, might have been a previous sword, nothing can confirm what it is. Not an overly exciting chapter, but it was developing. Looking forward to more Jon Danny interactions.
Cheers
This is super hypocritical of daenerys. She compared her unwanted marriage and being captured by other dothraki for a few months to slavery while standing beside a man who literally had his entire identity snuffed out by psychological torture and conditioning.
orthankg1 chapter 20 . 5/22
Very nice.
GodofKrypton chapter 20 . 5/22
It is fanfiction & you definitely do have creative liberties but what's the point of even creating plot points & using logic & subsequently posting it on a public forum if you don't expect people question said plot points?

Anyways the dialogue between Jaime & Daenerys felt in line with his character; Show Jaime hasn't really folllowed the arc of redemption as Book Jaime so the constant snark & disrespect was well done.