Reviews for Summer of Light
Guest chapter 5 . 8/10/2019
Really good story up until you added in the cliched slept together once, went their seperate ways & then met again, after a time jump. Would’ve been a much better story if that didn’t happen, the how ‘oh so good and perfect they are for each other’ cliche. Are some people really that miserable, horny and shameless that they’d just screw anyone? Guess self respect is a thing of the past and probably utter shamelessness is the new trend. Such a beautiful story, ruined by a need to insert a temporary gratification, nothing romantic about it imo. First 4 chapters showed how multi dimensional the characters were but I guess it was wishful thinking for that to remain a constant. Eventually they were turned into shallow characters with little to no self control and self respect & thrown into bed together for a meaningless tryst.
Guest chapter 5 . 7/27/2019
This is quite awesome! We love and read only Castle.
malleys8 chapter 5 . 4/12/2019
Who'd ever think a story about 8-12-year-olds at a camp with counselors in their early twenties could keep the attention of adult readers all the way through the five chapters? I certainly didn't either - until I started to read it. I found myself reading it to the finish.
It tells about a counselor who came to camp to get away from some bad memories while reliving those happy ones she remembered from her time as a child while attending this camp. It's told in a light tone with affection between camper and counselor [no, not that kind, no romance, they just care for each other]. Like I said, not any deep stuff but still quite entertaining and interesting.
In my readings of this author, I've found she is not just a very good author, but a great story-teller as well. I look forward to many more in the future. Perhaps she'll reopen this one and carry it out with these characters through their long and happy lives.
saramalley chapter 5 . 2/6/2019
Loved this
LDS345 chapter 5 . 2/19/2018
This was a nice meeting. And the development of the characters and relationships felt right. Nice job. Thanks for writing.
KaitlynAlways0415 chapter 5 . 11/5/2017
This is one of my favorite things in the whole wide world.
Guest chapter 5 . 10/15/2017
Outstanding

Caskett always
Guest chapter 5 . 9/22/2017
Remarkable story

Hazmatt chapter 5 . 9/20/2017
Amazing story! I really enjoyed it!
remadora-ftw chapter 5 . 9/20/2017
gjfk hidaeipäznh
reading this again makes it even better than before I think

I love how they met in the coffee shop 4 years later
and also that she did go the book aparty and ended up going home with him
(like I would love to read about that book party and their flirting oh wow but I also love reading about it as background information you know)
and I love that he finally gave her the hug he offered 4 years ago thatw as sweet

and then they went on a real date and got together
and she's taking him to the cabin and alexis spilled the beans but he is excited

and please tell me more about this universe
like when do they get the dog you will eventually give them? and how is their summer going to be? and the rest of their lives? oh wow (I kind of hope fluffy friday gets some posts about this universe that would be amazing)

and yeah thank you for this wonderful lovely story it is so sweet and alexis is the best kid okay *-*

-Anja
Guest chapter 5 . 9/17/2017
Cute and heartfelt. Loved it
Guest chapter 5 . 9/16/2017
Fantastic and amazing

Works perfectly with the time jump and Rick and Alexis reconnecting with Kate

Kate and Rick both needed the time to grow and to both be at that place where they can be together

They both have grown and both their hearts are now each other's

Beautifully written

Caskett always and forever
FireRuby chapter 5 . 9/14/2017
Absolutely loved this! Beautifully done, and I liked the time skip because it was an important thing in their relationship.
Loved the ending too ;)
mobazan27 chapter 5 . 9/14/2017
I need to know how their summer went. Please. Pretty please!?
1Saloni chapter 1 . 9/14/2017
Sweet Caskett AU story ️
Keep them coming, you're one of the best Castle fanfic authors out there