Reviews for We're All Soldiers Here
Bob chapter 1 . 4/23
Wow. Seriously. I'm in absolute awe. This is such a beautiful and insightful piece. I really, really enjoyed it. Thank you!
RMBlythe chapter 1 . 11/24/2019
I have no words to describe just how beautiful I found this story. So sweet and touching, and reassuring in a gentle way. Thank you for writing this!
Talia chapter 1 . 2/27/2019
I suffer from depression and am currently in a depressive episode. I can't seem to move and I've missed class and my guilt and anxiety seem overwhelming. I felt desperate to do something, anything to at least do something beside staring at the wall and sleeping. I felt drawn to look for a fic here. And I found yours.
The amount of comfort and support I feel right now can not be but into words. I felt so alone but now I feel like I am not. It is hard to put into words what exactly I feel but know that it is so much better than before. Thank you so much for writing this. You have made my day so much better. I may even be up to doing my work and catching up what I have missed. You've returned to me what I was severely lacking today: hope. And for that I can never repay you but thank you. Sincerely from the bottom my heart, thank you. I pray God treats you kindly. Thank you so much.
In Christ, Talia
SpangleyPony chapter 1 . 2/15/2018
Wonderful writing but where was Mrs Pevensie at the end?.
imagine forevermore chapter 1 . 2/7/2018
Oh, this is a beautiful allegory. I love how you tied in the wisdom and kindness Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy learned in Narnia, yet how they were still kids. It's just wonderful.
100-percent-not-a-Muggle chapter 1 . 1/21/2018
I've got to say that this piece of work has fast become a favourite of mine. It's so beautifully written and it hits home at the soul. Thank you for writing this!
creativesm75 chapter 1 . 1/17/2018
very good
Mellpen00 chapter 1 . 11/21/2017
Wonderfully well done! I've been meaning to review this ever since you posted it, but I didn't because... Well honestly because I was lazy. Sorry. :/ It was actually your blog on commitment that made me want to come back and do this! So thank you for that! Now! On to the piece:
Now, I have to admit that I didn't get the allegory until I read your author's note, but once I went back and read it I found that knowing that added a whole other layer to the story that I thought was beautiful. Especially the end part about Susan. That being said, I think this is a beautiful piece in and of itself! As always, I love the portraits you paint of the siblings, and I especially love that it's seen through their father's eyes - someone who knew them before and can mark the difference. I don't know why, but I always love things written about the Pevensies after they come back - I love the things that show the two lives of wisdom that they all have. Maybe it's because I feel like all children have that to some extent; something allows them to have insight beyond their years sometimes.
Again, this was a beautiful piece, and I'm glad you've given yet another wonderful work to the Narnia archive. :)

Thanks!
-Mellpen
Sophia the Scribe chapter 1 . 10/2/2017
Beautiful job. Thank you so much for writing this! It was amazing to see Jack's faith without full knowledge...which is, of course, how we all must live now-looking through the mirror darkly, as it were. And we too can all look forward to seeing with our own eyes, one day! And thanks for leaving Susan open-ended, even as Lewis himself did. Thanks for writing!
Blessings,
Sophia
rvaleardis chapter 1 . 9/29/2017
This was wonderful. Seriously. Thank you for writing it and thank you for sharing it.
awilliamsbbc.98 chapter 1 . 9/13/2017
Beautiful!
JubileeKnight chapter 1 . 9/9/2017
This is amazing! I can't do it justice, but you write each of the Pevensies so well. Jack is so real, and the four siblings are perfect. It's beautiful!
Bronze Cat chapter 1 . 9/7/2017
Wow o wow! This was amazing! And your choice to call Mr Pevensie Jack - I loved it! I hope this maybe means we will be seeing you again soon; your kind and thoughtful words always brighten my day.

This was one of the most beautiful "Pevensie parents get comfort from their children" fics I've ever read and the allegory behind it all just elevated it further. Just wonderful.
Dee474 chapter 1 . 9/6/2017
This was a wonderful story. I really enjoyed reading. The quote from Mere Christianity was very thought provoking.
MCH chapter 1 . 9/5/2017
What a lovely story, and a theoughtful look at war and it consequences for Jack Pevensie. How he can make sense of what happened to him to come to peace like Peter Edmund and Lucy did for they are all soldiers here.

Susan, poor girl she gave such wise counsel to her father helping him journey to fond peace turn his experiences to strengthen himself. Advise she forgot and didn't use for herse of. But human are endlessly seekers of knowledge and if Susan despite forgetting Narnia she could still find the lion and hear the " secret wireless from our friends " and she'll remember Edmund's wise counsel.