Reviews for Shadows of the Past
Alittleromance chapter 1 . 1/10/2001
Unbelievably good! I was riveted. Very creative. Very enjoyable. Very believable.
EmilyAnn1 chapter 1 . 12/21/2000
I've been wanting to be able to read this one through w/ fresh eyes, and finally found the time. This is yet another extraordinary piece of writing from you. You set the mood immediately - Amanda being chilled - without giving too much away, and then continue to tease and taunt us throughout, almost as craftily as the Russians, until the crux. Lee's *sacrifice* really adds a new dimension to the definition of "family," and his willingness to make it is beautifully believable. Thank you very much.
barnstormer chapter 1 . 12/13/2000
Wow, this was very intense and so well-written. Thanks!
AmyF chapter 1 . 12/1/2000
Wow, that was truly incredible. I love how well you presented the past events in retrospect
ghostwriter 70 chapter 1 . 11/30/2000
Another very strong, realistic story. I liked how you left certain things sort of vague, i think it stregthened the narrative a lot. I also liked the use of flashback as a format for this story. Finally, I really liked how you wrote them as trying to form a family. Lee married more than Amanda, he "married" her family (in a sense). Good job!
Kim D chapter 1 . 11/30/2000
Terrific story- well written and well researched. I liked that you had L & A working to resolve the "mystery marriage" before the crisis occured. It shows that they didn't come clean just because they had to. Philip's liver failure simply pushed things to the forefront in a more ackward manner. I also liked the idea that L & A didn't want to go back to field work after the whole incident. It really illustrates their priorities- their family and each other should and will come first.
Sarai chapter 1 . 11/30/2000
Great story! Your best one yet! Keep up the good work.
Dottie chapter 1 . 11/30/2000
Wonderful story, as always from you! It was very touching how everything came togeher throughout the story. Thanks for the great read.
Terry Jo chapter 1 . 11/30/2000
You are still the best...
MargravineMaKaM chapter 1 . 11/30/2000
This was very nice. I liked how you got the family together and Lee and Amanda to "come out of the closet." It was sad the something bad had to happen to them to cause them to reveal all their secrets but it was handled very well. I also liked the fact that it was very obvious that you put time and effort into your research of liver transplants; this made the fact that the timeline wasn't quite correct extremely easy to ignore. Keep writing!
beth chapter 1 . 11/29/2000
Great job on the research. I can't begin to imagine how long it took but it was worth it.