Reviews for John Doe: A Weekend Without Information
Takeshi of Gondor chapter 4 . 1/3/2005
This was ok. The writing was good, don't get me wrong, but I really didn't like the story that went along with it.
CrisLC chapter 1 . 12/14/2003
A good start if this is your first fanfic. I found your grasp of the characters quite good, and you expressed the show's nuances ("doespeak", sign-language for Phoenix Group) admirably.
That said, I agree with an earlier reviewer that you tend to repeat yourself slightly. This can be hard to catch, but you should avoid it at all costs in dialogue...especially when two different characters (Karen & Digger, in this case) say the same thing ("Have I ever told you wrong?"). If this was deliberate, I didn't pick up on enough of a context to figure that out. If it wasn't deliberate, then it's one minor detail to be worked on :-)
Overall an excellent story. If you were to do a rewrite, I'd suggest fleshing out things like the dream sequence, Johns immediate disorientation on waking up (did he realize anything other than not being able to tell the time?), and his conversation with Digger.
Nice work. I'd watch this episode any day ;-)
CLC
Lealah Lupin III chapter 1 . 9/21/2003
ooh, this is like the Jack the Ripper episode. i like. DARN FOX! DARN THEM TO HECK!
troubletwinintx chapter 4 . 5/18/2003
Great story. I can actually see this as a storyline on the show. Very true to character. Great job.
Jellicle chapter 4 . 4/3/2003
Hi! I really enjoyed reading your fic, although I didn't watched Ashes to Ashes yet. I loved the end but I wish you'd continue it, maybe writing a sequel?
Booklovr chapter 4 . 3/16/2003
Hm...cool stuff. Frankly, I'd say a little too short. ;-) But besides that, a good storyline, accurate characterization, and a nice set up for a possible sequel. Hope to see more of your work here! :-)
Booklovr chapter 2 . 3/14/2003
That was pretty good! Good use of Doespeak, and characterization is still all right. Can't wait to see next chapter, with the "dream/journey"!
spikeypunk chapter 1 . 3/12/2003
Finally a John Doe fanfic! I've waited a long time for someone to come up with one! Update please! Oh and can u make it a Karen/John? if u want email me at Chocolatefaery_2042 hotmail. Please update!
Booklovr chapter 1 . 3/10/2003
Sweet! I like this alot. You seem to have a good grasp of the characterization of John and Digger (and probably everyone else, too). Just one thing-you tend to repeat yourself. Try rephrasing sentences to avoid redundancy. Other than that, just about perfect. I liked the comment about JK Rowling working for Phoenix-you may be on to something there! Can't wait to see more on the first JD fanfiction! :-)

Booklovr, aka Obsessee27