Reviews for Truth Be Told
dancingkatz chapter 1 . 8/11/2006
"I needed no more than my heart's decision."

that line said everything. Beautiful!
Mrs. Took chapter 1 . 5/1/2004
Excellent story! Beautifully-written. Faramir's thoughts are wonderfully portrayed. I also love the way Pippin acts.
Dora Mugworts chapter 1 . 1/2/2004
Wow! A bit of a departure from your typical fare, Pearl, but still just as amazing! *I'm* shaking at the moment. :-0
I liked your vivid imagery of Pippin, Beregond, and Faramir going pale and shaking, and not wanting to continue but KNOWING that doing so is best and then actually continuing. Catharsis ahoy!
Aemilia Rose chapter 1 . 6/15/2003
I've always wondered how Faramir finally learned of Denethor's death . . .

Very nicely done. I liked the part at the end where Pippin told Faramir why he had saved him.
Daisy Brambleburr chapter 1 . 5/4/2003
After enjoying 'Peregrin and Diamond' I decided to have a look at some of your other works. This was very good, I always like Faramir fics.

As always, you keep up a high standard. I enjoyed it a lot, it was well written and touching also.

Nice work,

Love Daisy
Pipkin Sweetgrass chapter 1 . 4/17/2003
I'm so proud of Pearl! Hey, Y'all, this is my buddy! You got a killer review from Baylor, I'm green with envy!

I just love this tale. You GO Pearl!
Orangeblossom Took1 chapter 1 . 4/2/2003
Just simply wonderful, Pearl. Excellent job of giving Faramir's POV.
Baylor chapter 1 . 3/26/2003
This is excellent. A truly wrenching accounting of the pyre of Denethor from Pippin and Beregond, and a harsh, honest look at how the news would have affected Faramir. Tolkien wrote this chapter so very focused on the action that the horror of it is nearly swept away in the telling. This version makes the shocking terror of Denethor's actions, and the awfulness of poor Beregond's decision. The epilogue also shows so clearly the simple, deep love of a hobbit. The style is very like that of "The Steward and the King" and could almost be an unpublished section of LOTR. Wonderful work.
VercisIsolde chapter 1 . 3/24/2003
This was so beautiful. I've always wanted to see this story told, and now it is! I'm also a big fan of Pippin, Beregond, *and* Faramir, so, needless to say, I was in heaven. This was so beautifully written. I started crying at the end, and I loved the exchange between Faramir and Pippin. I'd love to see some sort of sequel, though I don't know what it would be about. Anyway, keep up the good work!

Luv

~VI~
Talking Hawk chapter 1 . 3/22/2003
Forgive me, but I skipped over the very last little bit so then I'll have more to look forward to (?) when Return of the King is released. However, the message is both dark and sad nevertheless.

What an amazing introducing first paragraph. It just grabbed me and wouldn't let me go.

Also, you had an extraordinary line in the dialogue - "Go now, and die in what way seems best to you." Just...wow. That was so amazing, I can't even tell you.

Excellent story. You really brought emotion to this inherently sad part of the books/trilogy. What Faramir and Eowyn went through is rather similar, but also very different in how they lost those they loved. Great job.
IceAngel7 chapter 1 . 3/15/2003
A beautifully complete tale!

All the events we love are there with the wonderful bonus of Faramir's reaction. Thankyou for writing such an insightful piece!

The dialogue fitted very well, as did all your character descriptions and emotions were perfect - just a very enjoyable read overall.

thankyou :D
Palant chapter 1 . 3/13/2003
"My heart knew it would follow you, and defend you, my Lord...I needed no more than my heart's decision." Very powerful line, this brought tears to my eyes. Faramir's reactions to the tale were well done. I really liked how you carried over Pippin's love and respect for Boromir upon meeting him (we've had some great discussions about this on Ernil i Pheriannath). Great job!
Dragon-of-the-north chapter 1 . 3/11/2003
What a well-written, precious story! I enjoyed every single word, but especially the final conversation between Faramir and Pippin! There was so much in between the lines. Simply great!
Dragon-of-the-north chapter 1 . 3/11/2003
Hai chapter 1 . 3/11/2003
That was so cute! I love stories that go along with when Pippin was a Knigh of Gondor and when he interacts with Faramir. Thank you!