Reviews for Daybreak: Her Side Of The Story
F.Williams chapter 5 . 1/2/2022
The fact they are both equally in lust/love with each other yet, vying to see who is more clueless to the fact is hilarious...
DavidTheAthenai chapter 25 . 2/27/2021
This is one of the best FF that I have read in a long, long while. I admit I only got here because of the person that reccomended it to me, as I am far from a Twilight fan, but because Char's taste is impecable, I decided I would give it a shot, and HOLY GODS if this ain't gold.

The prose is fantastic, the characters are strong, defined, full. Each one has a distinct and strongly conveyed personality, the etherealness and otherness you bring to vampires through the pov of one is gripping. Makes you feel interested in their lore, want to learn more about them, even them being so different from the classic mythic vampires that I grew up with. (I still hate that they sparkle, but that is hardly a fault I can pin on you, and even then you present it in a way that makes sense and feels like a lot more than just 'I shine like a fabulous diamond')

I think the decision of genderbending everyone is the biggest hit of the story. It balances the worst aspects of the original's concept fantastically, and then you round the other sharp edges with your own spices magnificently.

I went from disliking Edythe to hating her, to understanding her, to loving her with the fondness you have for a struggling young sibling. She is, without a doubt, the piece that makes the story what it is, and by the end I have a feeling that Beau's will do that part on the sequel.

I am really looking forwards to reading the rest, and I rejoice at the fact that it's written already. Thank you for taking the time and effort I know it takes to do something like this

I am so late to the party that is not even funny, but if you are still out there I hope this maybe brought a smile to your face.

Khaire,

Dave
LAVB chapter 19 . 11/29/2020
I know I’m reading this several years after you wrote it, but this is an amazing chapter. You truly get everyone. Each character, you give them depths and as I read I keep taking in your version as if it were absolute canon, not just a fanfic. Thank you for writing this.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/26/2020
I wanted to wish you (and your loved ones) a terrific Thanksgiving! Thank you for all the enjoyment your work has given many of us.
Naruto2448 chapter 25 . 10/10/2020
This was an awesome story. I absolutely loved it from Edythe’s POV. I hope your story gets turned into a movie with the original Twilight ending.
Naruto2448 chapter 23 . 10/10/2020
This was another awesome chapter. I like reading it from Edythe’s point of view.
Naruto2448 chapter 13 . 10/9/2020
I absolutely loved this chapter. You did an amazing job.
Naruto2448 chapter 11 . 10/9/2020
You are absolutely doing this story justice. I like how this is from Edythe’s pov. This would be awesome as the next Twilight movie.
Naruto2448 chapter 9 . 10/9/2020
I reallly enjoyed this chapter. I am looking forward to reading the rest of this story and the next 3.
Guest chapter 5 . 10/8/2020
I really enjoyed this chapter. I am really enjoying this book. I do hope that one day Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined is made into a movie.
Jeffrey Slifka chapter 4 . 10/7/2020
This was an awesome chapter. I liked the talk between the Cullens.
Froggin chapter 12 . 9/18/2020
I feel like Royal is being portrayed as too cruel here. He may be a bit of a narcissist, but hes still family with her. He’s not a villain, just an exasperated and a little unfair brother.

It feels like you’re writing him as an evil, cruel malefactor, which really doesn’t fit the character of someone who just desperately misses being human, and who loved his old family and loves his new family with a real emotion. (And who Eleanor loves too)
Froggin chapter 8 . 9/17/2020
Great chapter. Felt very natural
Froggin chapter 6 . 9/17/2020
Great chapter. Really enjoyed the character exploration of edythe vs edward
Froggin chapter 4 . 9/17/2020
Two mistakes/typos in this one that really change the tone.

1 It wasn’t very “unlike” carine to include herself in the plural, it was very “like” her to do so.

2 Jess “Can” agree to that as Archie only sees 2 possibilities, not “can’t”
257 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »