Reviews for Tears Of The Past
ElvenGirlFromMiddleEarth chapter 1 . 11/16
Dear Guest, I know that, but as I have said before, some of things I changed because of the storyI wanted Bill to be the present of his father, because I imagined that it would be more interesting for my storygreetings ;d
earthdragon chapter 3 . 11/14
Good chapter. Your description of Gimli is very good as he was rude and abrupt at first, until he and Legolas became friends. You are a bit harsh towards poor Boromir, however. He wasn't a bad person, just easily corrupted by the Ring, which his father, Denethor, had charged him to bring back to Minas Tirith so that he could use it. It is unfortunate that he reminds Legolas of the humans who tortured him, but I doubt that he would join in with Gimli's bullying, as such behaviour would be beneath him.

By the way, Bill the pony wasn't a present to Sam from his father. Sam rescued him from an abusive owner in Bree. Bill would have been sent back to Rivendell when they couldn't take him through Moria - hopefully he got back safely.
Katzenlotte chapter 13 . 11/1
Hello!
Thank you for your nice words in the header of chapter 11.
Feedback from the reader is the only thing you get as an author, so I try to be detailed in my reviews.
And here comes the next :)
The story Argorn told, of how he met Legolas for the first time brought a little ease and peace in the atmosphere of "usually being surrounded by evil"-although the circumstances seem to be a bit rude.
I hope that your characters will go on telling theis companions of their first encounter-I would love to hear what happened after they left Thranduil. And I would like to know how Legolas ended up living in Rivendell instead of Mirkwood.
Flashbacks and an Aragorn who trys to comfort Legolas are a central part of the story-and I like the way you create these scenes. It may has the same subject, but it varies how you describe it. I never got the feeling of "I already read the same three chapters ago" I like it!
I also like your style-its realistic and seems to be real while reading. Every step your chacarters take is comprehensible. Very often story are trashy-a mix between hopelessly romantic, exaggeration, twisted reality and an imprecise description of the plot. Im very glad your story is different! ;)
And the language is an important part too. I read a few very good storys in german-but it sounds different. English has more "melody" while reading and many words seem to contain more meaning, or build another atmosphere of the situation you are reading about. Do you know what I mean?
And I like if Sindarin is spoken sometimes:)

I would be delighted to read more from you very soon-in one part or splitted in three parts :)

Katzenlotte
Whyamiobsessed chapter 13 . 10/26
I like the idea of making you're story into 3 parts.

Great update!
CucumberPickles chapter 12 . 10/23
What an interesting premise! I always enjoy the friendship between Legolas and Aragorn but I hope to see Legolas overcome his fear so that so that he can also become great friends with Boromir. Thank you for the read!
Whyamiobsessed chapter 12 . 10/20
I didn't think there were too many flashbacks. I thought this chapter was well written!
Katzenlotte chapter 10 . 10/13
Hello ElvenGirlFromMiddleEarth,
I read your story up to the state is has by now and because of you and your writing I now have an account here ;)
I truly like your story and its subject (hurt/comfort storys are my favorite category and -I'm sorry if this sounds vicious-I like storys with rape as a topic). They can be the basis of very great and realistic storys.

I like how you describe what happened to Legolas in the past- part by part instead of giving all information immediately to the reader (which is more interesting than knowing everything right from the begining).

The idea of telling the whole "lord of the rings" once more with this background sounds very exiting.

You are wonderful at creating an atmosphere of the special friendship which Legolas and Aragorn share. They both seem to trust each other very much and you can almost feel it while reading. Everytime they talk everything seems to become warmer and more peaceful, but the way Aragorn is supporting his friend never appears to be exaggerated.

It makes me almost a little sad to read how Boromir is trying to convince Legolas that he is no danger for him- with the knowledge what happens to him in the original story...
I'm looking forward to know what will happen to all of the characters and how they deal with things. And I'm curious if (and how much longer) Legolas and Aragorn are able to keep it a secret what happend one year ago.

As you can see on my writing, english isnt my native tongue (I'm german), but I hope that everything I wrote is understandable :)

If you go one like you began, this will be a very great story. I hope that you go on writing and uploading very soon.

Greetings from Katzenlotte :)
Whyamiobsessed chapter 9 . 10/6
This story is so interesting! Thanks for a great update
Whyamiobsessed chapter 7 . 9/28
I love how quickly you've updated! The story is great and I look forward to reading it as it continues!
Whyamiobsessed chapter 6 . 9/26
I still read LOTR fanfic and I'm enjoying your story!