Reviews for Aglarond
Phosphorescent chapter 1 . 2/21
Beautifully written.
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 11/3/2014
The beauty of this brought tears to my eyes.
Automail-gHost chapter 1 . 1/2/2014
You are a poet. A brilliant, gifted, ARTIST!

The sheer beauty of your words captivated my every sense; flowing like the most spectacular of waters, I was all to happy to float along and be lost in this little story. Even I could almost see the Glittering Caves myself! And if their unimaginable glory is as you describe, Legolas might not be the only one who would dissolve into tears at their sight.

That was a JOY to read! Thank you oh so very much for putting it on this site for others to love, for I most certainly do. :)
MrsPeelWe'reNeeded chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
Great story.
Kedi chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
Beautiful, truly beautiful. Kudos, this made my day. :)
mistrali chapter 1 . 5/5/2011
3 Gorgeous description. I think you really captured their friendship, and IMHO you've done Tolkien justice here.
Tia Paes chapter 1 . 5/14/2009
Wow. Really. Wow, this fic. Wow. Moved me beyond any other I have read of Gimli and Legolas. So beautiful. Wow. Thank you.
Nienna Telrunya chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
Magnificent.
CosmicEssence chapter 1 . 12/3/2008
Ack good god that was good! The little quote at the bottom proper gave me goosebumps it just fit in so naturally and perfectly and your description of the caves were also so perfect this was simply beautiful to read. Very very good _ If Tolkien had been more precise on the promise other than those few words this is, what i'd like to think, would be written.
sandpiper764 chapter 1 . 7/8/2008
I read this several years ago, and added it to my favorites at that time. It has remained one of the best stories that I have read in the LotR genre, and I want to thank you for writing such a beautiful story.
ElvishKiwi chapter 1 . 12/13/2007
Wow.

There are no words...

This is beautiful.
Zarz chapter 1 . 8/9/2007
Oh, wow! This is a really beautiful piece! I love your descriptions of the friendship shared, and Legolas's courage in going underground to see the beauty Gimli did. Gimli's thoughts are very well done as well, and together they make an amazing story. Keep up the great work! You have a ton of talent!
Joyeee chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
This is one of those LotR moments I never tried to imagine in detail for myself, because it must have been _that_ beautiful, _that_ elegant. And here you've written it!

The light humor, the banter between them at first, is very nice - to me it gives the piece that much more of a realistic feel. Your first-person Gimli voice seems so in-character, grounded in stone and practicality, yet his love for stonework, for beauty and the potential for beauty, really glows throughout. Reading this, I really "saw" the caves as Gimli would; I love reading about characters "in love" with what they do, so I really liked this aspect! Most of all you depict the friendship between them so beautifully. I can't pick just one favorite line, but here are a few of them: "And trust me."/"I do." "Dear fool, he had not so much as peeked"; "I grieve that I ever thought he would not grasp what is lovely beyond all reckoning"; "he has wept for beauty that would bring Dwarves to their knees in awe." They simultaneously undergo a shift in perspective - another step in their friendship, their increasing understanding of each other. I find this sort of equal footing wonderful - although it's Legolas who emerges without the words to describe the marvel, Gimli, too, is deeply moved by Legolas's heartfelt (very Elvenly!)appreciation.

In short: lovely, exquisite story that captures so much that I love of the Legolas-Gimli relationship, their differences and their common ground alike, all with elegantly-done character interaction, vivid imagery, and lyrical prose. Thank you!
Verity Kindle chapter 1 . 5/31/2006
Whoa.. oh my goodness. you describe things as if you had been there. Wonderful, lyrical writing.
jada952 chapter 1 . 11/22/2005
lovely.

truly lovely - both in the description of character/relationships and the description of it all.

Thanks for sharing your POV.

mk