Reviews for Daffodils
MerrytheHobbit chapter 1 . 4/23/2007
I love this! Oh, please write more!
kylie chapter 1 . 10/31/2004
Please PLEASE UP DATE
Mystarri chapter 1 . 9/11/2004
Thsi was REALLY good! I LOVE IT! Hee-hee! FINALLY! A fanfiction that's worth a really long review! This was excellant, everything from when Merry told of his childhood to Eowyn, to when Frodo and Sam return, was all wonderful. You really have talant. Good job! D
noxfiction chapter 1 . 7/2/2004
Wow! Great fic, really well written! Hope you write more! x
Starknight chapter 1 . 12/21/2003
It's a bit different, do you think it works with the new ROTK movie? Well written though.
Melime chapter 1 . 10/16/2003
This is very, very good! Eowyn is wonderful without being to mushy, and I loved her observations of MErry.

This is truly excellent. Although you deiavted from canon, I could care less, so wonderful is the story.

Is there to be another chapter?
Lady-Willowish chapter 1 . 8/29/2003
wow! hey i like this! Do continue! :)
Lindelea1 chapter 1 . 3/16/2003
Lovely; rich and evocative use of language, despite a misplaced word here or there (just tiny things, am all too familiar with such problems, when you get to typing fast you can leave words out easily enough). Nice characterization, hobbits not treated as infants (my feelings, exactly!)

You have deviated slightly from canon, I assume you know that, Merry actually was called to Ithilien and I assume that's where he first saw his cousins after the battle.

But what you did works; since Eowyn did not go to Ithilien you'd lose a powerful scene in pursuing absolute accuracy, so who am I to quibble?

Will there be more?
ForeverByYourSide chapter 1 . 3/16/2003
OK, I never flame anyone, but your "constructive criticism" on my friend Beth's fic was uncalled for. You went out of your way to insult and butcher her writing abilities while you are no perfect writer yourself!

First of all, although it is proper english to seperate pararaphs every time a new person speaks, the spaces can just as easily get on your nerves as the absence of them. And it's a just a way for lazy writers to make it look like they wrote a lot when they wrote very little.

Next, grammar mistakes can be passed up by accident! Mistakes are human!

Being OOC is also a common thing in self-insertion fics such as Beth's, as the characters are changed to except the new character. And just to let you know, the Beth I know would say f* LESBO if she wanted.

As for the swear words, you can put the asterisks if that is what you wish! It's a matter of how you want to write your fic!

I hope a little "constructive putting you in your place" will benefit your reviews in the future, as what you said was extremely rude.
Towritelove89 chapter 1 . 3/15/2003
OK THAT WAS THE WORST FIC IVE READ! PLZ DON'T WRITE NE MORE! A TOTAL INSULT TO TOLKIENS WORK! ITS SOO MISERABLE! YOU MUST BE A HORRIBLE PERSON WRITE SUMTHING LIKE THAT!
tocourtdisaster chapter 1 . 3/13/2003
Oh, wow. What a powerful ending. This is truly fantastic. I really hope you decide to continue. I would definitely read any additions to this story that you might make.
Xena chapter 1 . 3/12/2003
Oh my, that was so good. Very touching. Especially when Merry and Eowyn see Pippin. Beautiful. Is there going to be another chapter? I hope there is. :P
Zebra Wallpaper chapter 1 . 3/12/2003
I think this was very well-done. It's interesting to see things about a hobbit from a non-hobbit point of view. I liked the parallel between Merry's view of Theoden and Pippin as well.

Good job :)
Aiwendil X chapter 1 . 3/11/2003

Damn, it's really good. I love your style, and everybody's so in character. That doesn't happen every day. Dialog is great, and Eowyn's POV is surprisingly good too. I never thought about writing something like this. It's very good, please continue.

~ Aiwendil Greenleaf
Dana4 chapter 1 . 3/10/2003
Excuse me but I must get this out of my system: E! PIPPIN! CUTE. LITTLE. PIPPIN! I want one of my own, and I’ll take care of him and love him and feed him and adore him and never ever EVER let him go. E! PIPPIN!

. but enough about Pippin. *gasp!*

I really like this story. I mean, really, I love it. The style just has this. them sort of feel to it, and ‘them’ is a good way to feel. It makes the characters seem oh so real.

*gasp!* And the angst. I am an angst loving creature, and I just love the way it swells up, like music, and crashes down. The ending is an appropriate end of chapter cliffhanger! Sam, and Frodo. and Pippin! Guh.

You know what I must say? I must say this! And that is. I demand more of this story.

Right *now*.