|Reviews for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation|
| Neirdae chapter 54 . 9/6/2019
Ditto is everybody's daddy. Nice meta joke, attached to one of the most significant characters in the story.
| RyChu0130 chapter 12 . 9/4/2019
Was that Amia saying "Good night, little ember." to Owen?
| Neirdae chapter 53 . 9/1/2019
Well, Nevren is having fun putting up death flags. Let's see how that works out for him.
| Neirdae chapter 52 . 8/31/2019
Oops. Glad someone borrowed that small detail.
| Person55 chapter 78 . 8/26/2019
That is...a lot to take in for Owen. Poor guy :/
Although while I did enjoy his talk with Brandon I find near the end it felt off. Mainly because after all the emotional talk and Brandon telling him about why he is the way he is the conversation suddenly shifts towards Zena. I like Owen and Zena’s relationship, except I feel that it should be a much lower priority compared to everything else that Owen is currently dealing with, yes he likes her and all but he was literally going through and emotional crisis and the shift between the two topics just felt way too sudden. Also Owen’s predicament just seems more important since Owen doesn’t understand how he was built which should be something he really wants to learn and it is pretty clear already that Owen and Zena both like each other and get along without much issue so I don’t see how relationship advice would be relevant at this specific point in time
Aside from that the conversation was pretty nicely done. The emotions (aside from maybe the shift to relationship talk at the end) were depicted very well. It was also interesting seeing Brandon’s compassionate side since (to me at least) he kind of came of as a jerk when he was first introduced with him trying to force Owen to evolve and all. Seeing his compassionate side and ability to help Pokémon feel better also makes it more believable that he was a former trainer
Also how the heck does manny have machines in his realm? Yeah it’s exercise equipment but I feel that it doesn’t exactly connect to the type like how the other realms do, mainly because it’s seems strangely modern, also none of the other realms had items and equipment in them (It’s impossible that Arceus created the realm like that since he created the orbs a long time ago meaning such advanced technology would not exist which means Manny must have put it there, but if guardians can put anything in their realms shouldn’t the realms all look radically different? Having the fighting realm stand out this much just adds so many questions and seems to break some of the things established about the realms.
It was a nice touch that Jerry actually had an impact in the conversation between Step and Star. I like it when it isn’t just the mystics who have an effect on the events of the story
Also I’m happy Alex showed up in the chapter, I was worried that he would be stuck in the fire realm, stay strong ghost dad!
And with this talk about “feral” minds and “domestic” Pokémon just how much control DO mystics have when it comes to creating life? And why are Nevren and Eon the only ones who can do this? (Not including any of the gods of course) And how exactly does that work? I know that “Free Will” is a pretty weird concept to deal with but I’m not entirely sure how exactly Owen’s “Programming” is meant to work anymore and how exactly I’m meant to view his mind since it seems like Eon and Nevren did quite a few things to the minds of their creations and some of them seem more vague than others. Hopefully one of the characters can eventually give a proper explanation for what exactly has been done to the synthetic Pokémon without Star or Barky stopping them or forcing them to only give partial truths
| Ambyssin chapter 78 . 8/25/2019
1) Not sure what's weirder, Manny's spirit realm having fitness center equipment… or the fact that Kilo apparently does. Why you criticizing my sci-fi stuff when you give your magic critters human tech, huh? ;3;
2) Bwa ha ha ha it even has a TV showing Kilo Gladiator I can't. XD
3) So, not even a chapter after Manny saying he's willing to hear Star out for her BS and she's trying to take HIM over and for god's sake, I'm now kind of glad I beat down a mew in my writing since you seem to lack the guts to do a beatdown that sticks. It's good dramatic irony, I suppose.
4) Should you have put in a scene break between Star diving into the core and her waking up in Manny's body? Also, I see you're on the side of Lucario tails being a flexible. Pity.
5) [Step glared icily] I hate you so much right now. That said, Step continues to be the best of these recurring guardian characters by absolutely refusing to put up with any of Star's BS. Good. And now Valle is suspicious of her. Double good. She needs to piss off. At least Arceus' appearances are infrequent.
6) [staring at Brandon with a steely glare] [smacks] Stop that!
7) ["Wh-who d-do I trust anymore?"] [coughs loudly] GOD OF LIGHT. [cough] Alternatively, Lavender. He seems like a good friend in the making.
8) [Brandon squeezed his arm right his right hand.] Something got lost in translation.
9) Hrmm. All snarky aside… I'm not sure what to think of this, erm, revelation about Owen. Because you're dipping your toe straight into the deep end of the whole "sentience of pokémon" swimming pool… in a PMD fic. Yes, it's been clearly established trainers were a thing and all that and we have one in Brandon, but the whole idea of Owen being happier with a sense of direction being given to him — and that loads of pokémon were like that — is something that, speaking personally, always rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it's because I like to stay away from the whole moral argument about pokémon training and like to just depict the relationship as trainers offering 'mons controlled ways to strengthen themselves and lead long, healthy lives vs. the risks that would come with living in the wild… buuut there's more to it than that and I do not have much more I want to say beyond that on the matter other than tread carefully because I'm not gonna toss you a life preserver if you go under.
10) Similarly, for pity's sake, just when it looks like we're going to get solid answers you yank the leash again and do another tease of future understanding to pivot to relationship talk. I'm really starting to wonder if, like, our long-serving Mystic cast either got pulled in from the Overworld (or whatever) or used to be entirely human and agreed to be remade as pokémon after whatever apocalyptic event ended things way back when. Maybe Eon was human and Owen was his starter? Ditto was a failed experiment (of humans) and charmander is the poster boy for starter 'mons… ignoring pikachu, of course. Perhaps Eon attempted to recreate his starter and Star just kind of rolled with it (originally) since she'd be getting what she wanted out of the whole Hunter affair. Dunno. Can't say. Because you keep withholding information. XP
| Neirdae chapter 51 . 8/24/2019
""Ngh—just my luck, I suppose," Nevren said. But it bought Mispy enough channel a warm, healing energy to Nevren, ridding him of the injury on his back. "
Accidentally a word here.
Congratulations on making an OP villain. Mind control and a reset button? How do you plan to defeat him?
| Neirdae chapter 50 . 8/24/2019
Well, the true villain reveals themselves.
| Neirdae chapter 49 . 8/24/2019
Somebody's going to get hurt. Can recklessness beat PTSD?
| Neirdae chapter 48 . 8/24/2019
""Yes, that is exactly what I mean. This is known was the Swamp of Purity.""
Missing word here.
""I'll, uh, try to keep in touch?" He wasn't."
Something is edited wrong here.
| Neirdae chapter 47 . 8/24/2019
More GAAAAAAAAY. Also, these newer Guardians are definitely stronger than the ones we first got.
| Neirdae chapter 46 . 8/24/2019
Another perspective may bring answers.
| Neirdae chapter 45 . 8/24/2019
That fusion is eventually going to give unprepared people nightmares.
| Neirdae chapter 44 . 8/24/2019
Someone is not worried about the plot to destroy them.
| Person55 chapter 77 . 8/23/2019
Florizard, I love it XD.
It’s nice seeing Owen talk to his spirits some more, especially the two mutants. I’m interested to see how Owen and the other mutants get along, as well as if there will be any conflicts due to their different views on the hunters and their own free will
Also I was genuinely surprised that Owen went to Brandon, I don’t think that it seems weird or out of character for Owen, I’m just surprised that they get along after what happened when they first met. Though to be honest I’m kinda happy now that they are having a one on one conversation (well their spirits are technically also there) because seeing Owen’s reaction to Brandon’s steel form just cracked me up XD. I love Owen’s character, I can see why so many of the other characters get along with him
Also it appears like there is more to Ghost dad than it initially seemed, interesting. Also I feel so bad for him right now, First his son gets turned into a puppet and now his wife (Or would it be mate in this world?) is gone. And to make things worse I’ve just realized that he has pretty much always been with either Amia or Owen throughout the entire story and now he is separated from both of them and is possibly going to be stuck in the fire realm since Amia can’t summon him
Then there is the part of the chapter with Anam and is that one heck of a cliffhanger to end with! Though on the bright side it seems like Dimitri and Mispy might be involved in whatever goes down. Although I’m not quite sure if there is anything they possibly can do in this situation I hope they will at least be involved in whatever happens since they haven’t really gotten to do much in recent chapters (though to be fair there is a lot of characters, like a LOT of characters so it’s understandable that some would play a more prominent role than others)
As with other characters this one give a lot of things to look forward to and I am definitely intrigued to see what exactly is going to happen next