Reviews for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation
Ambyssin chapter 80 . 10/1/2019
Two-for-one special! :V
It's… odd. Zena's stuff moved briskly, but perhaps it was too briskly? Like, she was having conversations with the others and whatnot, but I don't have much to say about them other than that they just sort of… happened. There was the conversation with her spirits, but if that was meant to mimic Owen's own conflicted thoughts, it fell flat since she wasn't speaking with anyone we actually know. Elder might've been a better conversational partner for that job had you not put him in sleep mode. The stuff with Emily was also… odd. A side effect of trying to heal Jerry's cursed poison, perhaps? Maybe it's having an effect on her?

These pickup lines were exactly as corny as I expected. I'm both amused and ashamed, so congratulations.

That said, the back half of the chapter was definitely better. For someone who claimed to have no good knowledge about relationships, Brandon had an awful lot of insight. I think his comparisons of partnership to trainer/pokémon worked well for the world that you've established so far. And he managed to prod Owen toward having his own epiphany about Zena that allowed the two to reconcile. Crafty of him, but also good on him.

Onto the sixth special episode and immediately something's off. Anam has scars? And is missing an eye? And seems far more solid than he does in the present? Hoo boy.

Oh. Rora is mentioning a squad of ten total. And Rotwood Fen. This… this is the other half to special episode 4, isn't it? The events that transpired before Nevren discovered Anam while investigating with Mispy. Should've figured. Though I'll admit that, despite some of the initial body horror, you surprised me in having Anam boot his team from the dungeon. I legit expected them all to fall victim to the wraiths. So, neat surprise, I guess… is what I would've said, had Anam's first meeting with "Decidueye" James not revealed some had gone back in after him. Welp.

To be frank, I'm in disbelief about all of this… namely because of the similarities (many of which I'm pointing out below for my own amusement). I suppose that the real meat and potatoes of this is that Anam is literally trying to use the power of kindness to placate Dark Matter… but it seems to be having mixed results. Because he doesn't have enough friendship points, obviously. [cough]

Part of me feels like this is meant to set up Act II's true climax… because Nevren's tampering has brought out Dark Matter. So, in theory, it's possibly that might've caused this Divine Promise to unravel and turned Dark Matter into a legitimate force that's going to have to be contended with. If it's not directly Dark Matter, then Dark Matter is probably part of what constitutes the actual antagonist for this fic. Which is, y'know, basically THE VOID. [loud coughing]

The big reveal is, of course, the human stuff. This only makes me feel even stronger like Eon was once human and Owen was his starter pokémon. I can't peg the reason that Brandon, Rhys, Eon, et al were brought over to Quartz/Kilo from their own world… but I'm guessing it has to do with the Hands struggle or whatever.

["Her spirit belongs to the void. They all do. Everything does."]
["There is no law, only chaos."]
Um… excuse you?

[Items like Reviver Seeds are from Necrozma's teachings.]
I… can't even come up with a witty statement about this. Really? For pity's sake.

FYI, you randomly switch from Decidueye to James BEFORE Anam can read James' aura to say his name. So you, uh, undercut your own plot twist or reveal moment or whatever. Sorry.

The ghost orb is shouting at Anam and yelling SILENCE… I can't even right now. [snicker]

["I will annihilate you."]
I'm sorry… I can't stop laughing at this. XD

["I want the Hands of Creation so I can finally be happy."]
And roll credits.
Neirdae chapter 80 . 9/30/2019
Dammit. Did you really write 500,000 words and then reveal it was a prequel/ sequel to Super Mystery Dungeon?
Neirdae chapter 78 . 9/30/2019
Ah, the classic "I can stand up to a god, don't know how to talk to a girl."
Neirdae chapter 77 . 9/30/2019
Something fundamental just broke. Giant purple vortexes in the sky are never a sign of good news.
AdamthePyromancer chapter 80 . 9/30/2019
This is a lot to process and raises more questions. The big one is whether or not Dark Matter controls every wraith and if he does why he's suddenly going on the offensive. Also humans are apparently a much bigger deal than I originally thought. And I'm still stumped on why Arceus put out the divine decree on anything involving Orre, legendaries and apparently a lot of the humans and multi world things
Neirdae chapter 76 . 9/30/2019
I was expecting other members to get that upgrade a lot earlier than this.
Neirdae chapter 75 . 9/30/2019
That's... probably not that big of a problem.
Neirdae chapter 74 . 9/30/2019
Very JRPG fight.
"We're in the Endgame now."
Neirdae chapter 73 . 9/30/2019
Careful, that body's going to burn out if you keep doing that.
Neirdae chapter 72 . 9/30/2019
You know, it's is a really good thing that Eon doesn't want to hurt Star's current body. Otherwise, Star would be dead already(again).
Neirdae chapter 71 . 9/30/2019
This will not end well. Don't start a fight surrounded by a bunch of people created to fight you, willing to protect their dad.
Neirdae chapter 70 . 9/29/2019
Hecto, we have a problem.
Neirdae chapter 69 . 9/29/2019
Eon should have lead with that. Really, Divine Promises could be used a lot more to solve disputes.
Neirdae chapter 68 . 9/28/2019
Backstory is good. Interesting to see how far back these relationships go.
Neirdae chapter 67 . 9/23/2019
The Ghost Guardian should look into learning Embargo.
And the shipping shall commence between Zena and Owen!
393 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »