Reviews for An Unexpected Malfoy
Emily chapter 15 . 9/15/2023
I love how you included a chapter on Sirius. I just fits into the story really well.
Bella sweet03 chapter 47 . 9/17/2023
I just have one thing to ask. In canon Harry was parseltongue because he had a piece of Voldemort's soul in him. In your version that piece has been removed. How can he still speak to snakes?
Emily chapter 13 . 9/15/2023
I was going to ask about the time jumps. I thought the last chapter or two covered the 2nd year. I was surprised when Sirius come into the picture as that indicated we jumped a year. Your explanation at the end helped. The time jumps to make sense given that is different timeline. I hope the Malfoy’s make it!
lilianlllr chapter 61 . 9/13/2023
Cant wait for the next
ALBrassard chapter 61 . 9/13/2023
Hello I came a cross this story. I could see the story is starting build better and better I hope you finish it one day but i love the twist of having Draco and hermione as Soulmate from the start. I was Reading AN seem it been a while for some the update. I want you to not give up on this story and I hope you update soon.

A
starlite22 chapter 7 . 9/12/2023
Hoping Hermione gets Crookshanks a lot earlier in this story.
Lady Runespoor chapter 61 . 9/9/2023
Oh, my crosses! I will usually steer clear of fics that aren't completed because if they're good, then it is torture to wait and see if they're going to be updated - but THIS fic pulled me right in and kept me bingeing on it for most of this week. I'm not a binge reader, preferring to take things a couple of chapters at time. I could NOT stop reading your fic.

This is a really great fic that is so believable, it could be canon.

I really enjoy your interpretation of Lucius and Narcissa, while your version of Draco is quite fantastic. People usually want to skip the part where he transforms and evolves, wanting just to get to the juicy part of him being with Hermione, but you did all the work and Draco literally evolved over the course of this story. I can believe entirely that he truly was changed and grew into the person who could love Hermione without making him OOC.

As well, I appreciate the subtle character arc that made Hermione more polished, comfortable in her skin, and positively influenced by pureblood culture. Sometimes people push her too far to the left to make it make sense as why Draco would accept her non-magical heritage - but you pulled them both to the proper center and it's really amazing how they balance and accept each other's cultures without giving up their own.

Your ability to bend and morph the canon plotlines to suit your altered world is really great, as well. I never once felt as if something was clumsily done or changed. It was very exciting to watch all the canon moments be changed to suit AUM and my favorite was when Sirius revealed himself. Very recklessly Padfoot but also spot-on!

The moment I'm still struggling with is when Neville's changed fate came about - oh, that was TOUGH and unexpected but also really solidly good for the plotline. He feels just a bit forgotten, especially for being Hermione's good friend, but maybe that's on purpose, because sometimes grief is like that.

All in all - I was quite sad to catch up to the updates. I was READY to click on Ch.62, because I've been bingeing this whole fic - but now, I'm just anxiously waiting on the next update and how it isn't too far out. Great work so far!
Emily chapter 10 . 9/2/2023
I really love Narcissa and Lucius in this story.
Emily chapter 9 . 9/2/2023
I absolutely love this. It is great to read Draco'spoint of View and see more of Lucius. Your representation of him here is so nuanced. I always thought that there was more to both Lucius and Narcissa.
Emily chapter 7 . 9/2/2023
This is an amazing story! I think you wrote Lucius quite well You are right It's improbable that he would reveal any of the things that he did to two 12 yrs olds. I was wondering how the story was going to be carried out. Would it follow the traditional canon series of events or would it deviate completely? The fact that Hermione and Draco's friendship isn't public makes the story more nuanced.
07.adeline chapter 61 . 9/2/2023
I was soooo happy when you updated. I thought it was abandoned! Please please keep writing. This is the best HP fic ive read!
Lyndsay Mac chapter 61 . 8/28/2023
So happy for a new chapter! Loved this one. Its great to see Claire stepping up. Im glad to hear more from her.
Thomasok chapter 61 . 8/25/2023
I’m glad that Theo finally knows! His calm reaction was perfect. Great chapter. Thanks so much!
Magic-Saphira chapter 61 . 8/22/2023
This is REALLY one of the BEST Harry Potter/Dramione stories out there! And to think, you're not even finished yet, phoe..! That is the biggest compliment I can personally think of, because I do read A LOT of fanfiction (of different fandoms) and I usually only read a story one time -mostly finished stories at that-, but this one I can read over and over. That's also why I am so happy that you updated and I literally read the whole story again, before reading the update, so I know exactly whole storyline again.

It is awesome! I am suprised that Lucius didn't react very much on the bloodtransfusion. Not that I expected a negative reaction, but he hardly reacted at al and that had me supriced.

I also HOPE too see some actual badass action, mostly from Hermione in this story, when they confront Voldemort. A lot of stories descripe Hermione as brilliant/badass ect, but when it comes down to the actual action part, I often find it lacking and is she often 1) either being sheltered to much, when she can do much more or 2) to quickly overtaken, when she is NOT a pushover. Especially when her loved ones are in danger.

Of course, you have all the say in this AWESOME fic, but I rather just express, my hope and ideas/opinions. Much love to you and I am looking forward to the next update, that hopefully comes soon!
giulianacontesso chapter 61 . 8/22/2023
me encanta esta historia y esperaré ansiosa la siguiente actualización
6,787 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »