Reviews for Hope
nic chapter 1 . 3/9/2004
REALLY really great! I love how you incorporated bits from the Silmarillion (about túrin and morgoth) and other stories, this is very well-written. I love the element of surprised and wind-up-ness when you realize it's Legolas speaking. Keep it up! more soliloquoys!
Star-Stallion chapter 1 . 8/29/2003
'( So sad. You've really captured his despair, well done. It's sad to think about the Elves leaving, and you've got it spot on.

~*~ Star-Stallion ~*~
Nenya Kanadka chapter 1 . 3/27/2003
Now THAT is a good Legolas fanfic! Ah, if only all Legolas fic was written like this, I wouldn't run screaming in the other direction when I heard his name, like I tend to now. :) It's obvious that you definitely love the Eldar and mourn that they have left us and sailed away; and yet you manage not to be sticky-sappy in your writing! *sighs happily* I really need to read more of this kind of fanfic. It's better than the high one gets off Bleeprin, and more effective at removing bad mental images!

Love and chocolate plotbunnies,

Nenya, SNAOL newbie and PPC agent
Dragon-of-the-north chapter 1 . 3/20/2003
Very sad indeed...

Well - we only can hope that this stupid elves will realize how monotonous life over there in Aman can get with the time... They will come back, trust me... LOL

No - your story is very good indeed, I liked it a lot! :-)
GreyLadyBast chapter 1 . 3/13/2003
This is beautiful, very sad and poignant. I enjoyed it very much, though I'm afraid the POV wasn't quite the surprise I suspect you hoped it would be.

Still, sweet and sad. Wonderful.
Faye Nightmare chapter 1 . 3/13/2003
* sniff * Don't mind me, I'm not crying. * sniff * It's just the incense that's annoying my eyes. * wipes eyes and quickly hids kleenex * Anyways, good job. I thought that this was extremely well written. Better than what I can ever write, anyways.

Faye Nightmare

Proud MOMC (Minion Of Miss Cam)

Proud Owner Of Elrold

"No, of course I'm not crying. I just have something in my eye. That's all."
HomemadeMagic chapter 1 . 3/13/2003
Oh, Shada, that was beautiful. I've got tears in my eyes, and goosebumps all up and down my arms. I've always wanted to read a story with this sort of theme, but for some reason I never found one. I love it. I can't believe you have only one review; this is so going on my favorites list. Great job.

Thalia chapter 1 . 3/13/2003
Shada, that was absolutely beautiful. I think I'm crying. What can I say?

...honestly, I think this is one of the most beautiful fics I've ever read. I'm speechless.

"Why then did they leave, when their presence was the soul of Middle-earth? It is said that in days long gone the mere laugh of an Elf could make the clouds part for a glimpse of the sun."

Woman of the Dunedain chapter 1 . 3/13/2003
Nice, Shada. It always makes me sad to think of Middle-earth without the Elves. I think that Arda is broken and remade soon after Aragorn's reign 's too depressing otherwise, lol.