Reviews for The Fourth Council Race
Tony McNucklz chapter 10 . 11/19/2020
I wasn't expecting Williams to still surrender here.
maxperseus130 chapter 28 . 11/17/2020
Was that Oblivion reference at the end really necessary? That relationship was so fucked up, it's not even funny. Although I do suppose that it was a favorite saying of the originals, by the end it had become so twisted in meaning, it caused me horror just thinking about it. Love the story, hope life allows you to update soon!
maxperseus130 chapter 7 . 11/16/2020
While there are indeed some grammatical errors, I find that your story is one of the best I've read in a long time. I can clearly feel your passion for millitary history in every word and the story is all the better for it. Although I do wish it would move at a faster pace, your knowledge and well thought out engagements make every chapter more than worth reading. I cannot wait to read the rest!
frdbrlw1 chapter 16 . 11/9/2020
Well for some reason fanfiction cut my review on the last chapter in half,
So ill rewrite the rest here.
A Majority of The Alliances Fleet Command Structure were UNAS Officers .
All the above gives China and the UNAS a huge amount of political leverage they can bring to bear against India's Political Move.
The Systems Alliance has always been a supranational Parliamentary Government Structure with a Parliament and Elected Prime Minister as head of the Alliance. Each Nation still retains there own sovereignty.
This is how it states it in cannon material.
Without the U.S. and Chinas Funding the Alliance would Instantly Collapse. The Alliance blocking the U.S. and China from there Colonies would be a direct act of war. It would be akin to them blocking the UNAS
From accessing Hawaii, its a direct encroachment on there territory and the UNAS and China would instantly respond by declaring war on India and the other Countries in there Faction. While according to your scenario the UNAS somehow doesn’t have access to Ships, they can still invade any of those Countries that are Located on Earth as a counter.
The whole point of the Alliance when it was created was to Have a Government that represented the entirety of humanity, but that Individual Countries would still Have the right to there own Militaries.
There is no scenario where the United States or any other Large Country would completely surrender there Space Military Ability.
The Mars Treaty how you have it portrayed would have never been passed. In Cannon its stated the Systems Alliance before First Contact was a paper Tiger and no one took them seriously. It wasn't until after the first Contact War they actually held any power.
Next is how you Portray the United States Government, any President that did what your suggesting would have been impeached before it got that far.
Your suggesting he shut down news media and put his opposition in camps. No US Military Officer would follow orders that violate the very founding principles of the country. The right to free Speech, the right to liberty etc. With modern Internet it would be impossible for the president to sensor his opposition.
Any Civil War in the United States and China would devastate the world economy.
This was supposed to be a Juggernaut Alliance according to your stories description, instead you have nerfed the Alliance, and turned it into a Parody of the Ineffectual United Nations.
The Alliance had Access to Personal Kinetic Barriers and hardsuit Armor in the First Contact War they just weren't as good as citadel made ones, but in your story they don't.
frdbrlw1 chapter 15 . 11/9/2020
So the United States, Mexico, and Canada Merged to Form The United North American States in 2096 and Promptly started a Civil War after the
Freedom First Secession Group Blew up the Statue of Liberty.
The UNAS then defeated the secession after a short war.
The Systems Alliance Ships, Military Equipment, and Personal where donated to the Systems Alliance by the United North American States
To form there Original Fleet. The United North American States were the ones that paid for majority of the Alliances Budget.
The above is cannon directly taken from codex entries and cerberus news updates.
A Majority of The Alliances Fleet Command Structure were UNAS, Chinese, and Russian.
George Cristian810 chapter 28 . 10/31/2020
Will the story it is interesting , i think that you give to much power to stg and shadow broker in human space . After all , we spied on each other for thousands of years , so i think that we should be capable to keep the information leak at a minimum .
Also jack harper motives and cerberus dont make any sense in your timeline .
He should use cerberus to advance humanity , not to fight against it like in the game .
phalanx132 chapter 7 . 10/26/2020
A master sergeant is a staff NCO, master sergeant Adams should be first sergeant Adams
arewin chapter 28 . 10/6/2020
Brilliant fic, can’t wait to see where humanity goes from here
Mreagle789 chapter 28 . 9/30/2020
Loving this story read it all as fast as I could, feels much more grounded in reality than a lot of other stories. Really interested in how this is going to turn out! Keep up the good work!
Chronus1326 chapter 17 . 9/19/2020
I'm having a second full read through and I'm enjoying it. I feel you kinda abuse authors notes; you should strive to pack that data into a chapter proper, or do away with it.
Chucho6431 chapter 28 . 9/18/2020
I really like your story. It would be interesting to see the salarian reaction.
Trace Reading chapter 2 . 9/14/2020
dunno why a pre-Council Humanity would call it GARDIAN instead of point-defense... or why a science vessel would have guns at all.
Guest chapter 4 . 9/4/2020
.4 kilotons is tiny the one dropped on Hiroshima was 15 Nagasaki 40
WolfofWar chapter 14 . 9/6/2020
I have reread this chapter several times due to my own flaws of needing to reread everything if I miss a few chapters in order to feel like I have all the info even if I know that I do have it. It is an amazing chapter in my opinion except for one single part, The United States of Free America. There are a few states there that would have joined simply because they favor the national government but more than a few of them wouldn’t have joined or had heavy anti-sa sentiment without a huge amount of convincing as shown by the current political landscape of America and probably would have joined the Commonwealth of the Great Lakes since they have better relations with their neighboring states then they do with the Federal Government and it is unlikely to change in 80 years. This said though I am able to let it go considering it was written a few years ago even though I thought it was a mischaracterization of the states even back then. Keep up the amazing work and I don’t know if I will review the chapters that I haven’t read yet or not but I will always like them and the story in and of itself.
Auciji chapter 28 . 9/5/2020
What an absolutely amazing twist. Of all the Mass Effect fanfiction I've read I never seen humanity written in such a way. I wait breathlessly for the next chapter.
1,440 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »