Reviews for The Fourth Council Race
george17 chapter 1 . 6/22/2021
The idea for the fic seems great. The first chapter was very good except for the political setup of the Systems Alliance seemed like it was written by someone who has no understanding of real world politics. Politics is much more hard boiled than as described and nations do what is best for them and then maybe make it sound good. Power is what matters. No power and you have no opinion that matters.

A blatant example is giving the largest eezo mine in the local cluster to Kenya. Kenya? It's a nice country but from a power perspective, who really cares about what Kenya wants or says when it comes to global affairs? That's the kind of reward you give to a major country or even bloc of countries not some country that isn't even dominant in Africa of all places.
Guest chapter 29 . 6/20/2021
Eagerly awaiting the next update. Keep up the great work! I love all the intricate details you’ve put into everything, especially the little codex updates with more prominent colonies within the sol system itself.
RedShirt1453 chapter 9 . 6/21/2021
Space Lord has got to be one of the silliest named ranks ever made. Almost as bad as the US Space Forces Gaurdians.
JollieHotDog chapter 4 . 6/20/2021
Nah it would only make humanity look like a pathetic race who is scared shitless of aliens that they beg the enemy to talk to them lol
pablo2000fontes chapter 1 . 6/11/2021
This story is definitely one of the best in the mass effect fandom, hope you update, I'm eager to read more!
itioministralis chapter 21 . 6/7/2021
TBH, I don't know why I kept going, I suppose I thought it'd get interesting at some point (which it was, at first). The scenes of land battles are boring. The space battles are a bit ridicilous. I don't know why no one thinks that a civilization that conquered space thousands of years would not use narrow AIs to do all the work. Simple orders get half a minute to execute. Captain and the cre constantly talk aboit random things in the middle of a battle. There are absolutely no descriptionsnof literally anything. Does the author not have a picture in his mind when he writes? Why does he except the reader to read his mind? The dialogues have no 'stage directions', which makes them shallow. The scenes of politicians discussing polotics are boring. The only not boring thing here was the premise. I thought humans were going to be more advanced, more badass. Instead I got a story about human politics.
Guest chapter 29 . 6/6/2021
I really wish you would update this. It's by far your best story
Monster King chapter 29 . 5/29/2021
Awesomeness
terryvadenaustin chapter 29 . 5/26/2021
love your story. Definitely my favorite mass effect fanfic. Really hope that you are continuing it.
animeniac chapter 20 . 5/23/2021
Though he gets a very finite amount of screen time, I would just like to say that Rajendra Tharoor is a captivating character. His arc has a very definite beginning, a middle, and a rather sudden end, and every part of it is quite interesting and engaging. Honestly, even though I was dismayed when he died - because I truly very much wanted to see more of his character and what he would accomplish - I was still satisfied with what you wrote. So, I just wanted to comment on him, in case people haven't been.
Faithless wanderer chapter 29 . 5/24/2021
OMG how have i never found this storyline, this is amazing and it's not even hit the beginning of mass effect one. Can't wait to see this keep going, I'm so excited for the next chapter
jacob.d.kidder chapter 14 . 5/24/2021
I’m sorry but most likely what will happen is mass sabotage on the ship or distraction or take over of Systems alliance ships The political situation in China alone will almost guarantee that that would happen They will need peoples anger directed at someone else and the blockading of the colony worlds in space will be the perfect reason I wouldn’t be surprised if the Systems alliance will be seen as an Indian and European takeover attempt Basically the alliance will probably lose most of their ships and spike a human Civil War in the system alliance with the alliance probably on the losing simply because the US in China had more resources probably made most of the colonies I mean just look at mass effect most of the people speak English a lot of them American English a lot of the colonies worlds it makes sense because the US had more resources put in space canon specifically stated that the earths countries still around The US is probably one of them so the destruction of the US is not a necessary thing and probably would not happen that way
daemon452 chapter 17 . 5/17/2021
I really liked the premise of the story but you have the council races being the largest level of idiot is possibly possible. You have repeatedly tried to make them out as all we don't want to attack but we have to attack because we couldn't possibly try talking. Help this is supposed to be a literal diplomatic mission and they don't even try talk that is like nope we fight now.
James Porter chapter 29 . 5/13/2021
please update I want to know what happens next!
V1lla32 chapter 29 . 5/10/2021
Enjoying the story hope you come back and continue it
1,440 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »