Reviews for The Fourth Council Race
V1lla32 chapter 29 . 5/10/2021
Enjoying the story hope you come back and continue it
Keloid chapter 1 . 5/4/2021
PLEEEEAAASEE UPDATE! You’re killing me by making me wait 6 months! You can’t just end this story on a cliffhanger! Like seriously!? What is the Citadel Council gonna do now that they of the project!? I need to know! REEEEEEEEEEEEE!
acelenny chapter 29 . 4/19/2021
Sir Humphrey continues to pursue a bureaucratic career even in space I see.

Excellent.
Preier chapter 29 . 4/6/2021
just finished reading the story, great read so first : thanks for sharing.

I found the insight into the SA formation's interesting and credible. I can see where some people got... sensitive... but history bears out the risk of institution decay, I feel. Good job with that worldbuilding.

the quarians and geth splitting is also a great idea and implementation.

Hope you'll feel well and interested enough to continue this story but thanks for your work, again, in any case.
jampo chapter 29 . 4/4/2021
interesting story can't wait for next chapter hope you update soon.
The Jingo chapter 14 . 4/1/2021
I'm just going to point out something here.

You've made a mistake in asserting that canon demands that America and China lose.

Honestly, what makes the most sense would be for America to win and dominate the Systems Alliance, slowly accruing power until the SA controls humanity and is basically synonymous with the former American establishment.

Basically every single person in the SA speaks English. It's not even controversial. Even people who have accents speak it. Everything is written in English. And so on and on. There isn't even an attempt to institute a new, more neutral lingua franca. Which rather suggests the continued political and cultural dominance of the Anglosphere.
erik23 chapter 14 . 3/31/2021
Why do you keep on justifying your entire writing by saying canon demands it?
This entire thing is a mess and shows that you just wanted to self wank your own nation while also inserting your own politics into it.
Its your own story and i respect that and because of that i will stop reading it.
Honestly it has been a slog reading this since you like to overexpose a lot of stuff, and now with this chapter trying to portray realistic politics while also ignoring other aspects of real life politics it just went full not coherent, pretending that americas allies like mexico or canada would remain is stupid and insulting to the reader, and china going into a civil war?
What a joke.
LysanderArgent chapter 14 . 3/31/2021
I really loved this. I find this incredibly realistic.
zeen121 chapter 14 . 3/14/2021
I mean I'm from the USA and I can see that the country is little more then a broken shell held together by duct tape and anyone who tries to deny it is in denial or lying.

I honestly believe that if humanity manages to reach the stars before we manage to wipe ourselves out and we find ourselves against an foreign power,, the USA will be one of the biggest holdouts against a united front unless they hold the majority of power cause their people believes that they are better then they actually are
Ecomadness chapter 29 . 3/11/2021
damn this story I stayed up till 5 am finishing it because I was so engrossed
orionastro chapter 29 . 3/2/2021
an amazing story so far, let's see what helps the Quarians, amazing warships will earth come up to protect the human territory , colonies, outpost, etc...Can hardly wait for the next chapters
blueknight123 chapter 1 . 2/24/2021
To Tony McNuckl:
Hate to tell you this bud but large population states are not simply large metropolitan. There're rural communities in each large state that have different enocomal and socially needs and ideas that are different than their urban counterparts. The population of New York are not all from NYC, only half. And more than 85% of US population live in Urban. Having an electoral system where a small population state could control and determind the election of either the Preisdency or the legislative (the idea that each state have 2 senator is ) and control the central government is not democracy; is an oligarchy. This have negative impact as those smaller state could have a said of how our budget is use; for instance, California (which GPA and Federal tax distribution) wish to build a HSR, however smaller state like Kenturkey (which has the lowest tax distrublish and actually take more than what it give) denials them larger funds. If you want your small state to have a said in the governemnt, you join a politcal party (this is the reason why we have one). I'm certin that a rural community in Central Valley of California will have similar agenda that of a rural community from Kenturkey.
Also, majority population of small state lives in a metropolitan, that logical of "smaller state have a said" doesn't truly play pu
Guest chapter 29 . 2/19/2021
Everyone the author had updated their ASOIF fic last month if you’re wondering why they haven’t updated this story for 3 months here’s the message,
“Apologies for the delay, I contracted covid and it was a very rough ride, though thankfully I avoided hospital by the skin of my teeth. Then everyone excusing the tory government's criminal incompetence and negligence as more people die in the UK per day than died on the Titanic with 'they're doing their best!' left me too depressed to write. But I'm back in the saddle now, so on with the story.”
1arigato chapter 14 . 2/16/2021
I have to take a break from binge-reading this wonderful fic, but I just wanted to share that this is so engaging to read! This fic is essentially the "humans are weird" tag constructed into an actual story, and I love it.

I like the bits with Stephen Hackett (who gives me Amuro Ray vibes, and Amuro is my childhood idol), the Italians and Germans' 'panzer elite' chemistry, and the universal language of on-the-fly tactics between alien forces that has opposing officers acknowledge each other, e.g. Lalla Hansa and Macen Arterius. I thought I recognised that Arrival quote too, which is perfectly intelligent and witty, and neatly slots into this fic.

The nerd in me also adores the effort and mostly non-bias you have in this au! Calling back to the "humans are weird" side of the internet, I like how - considering the race's youth - humanity's propensity for war has forced it to take, discover, and review various war tactics, leading to an observable method overlap between humanity and other alien races. Same goes for communication and transporation. I mean, we currently perform space travel by blowing ourselves up in metal containers, for crying out loud. And it WORKS. I'm also elated to see the biologically "fragile" humanity hold its own in space combat by 2 factors:

- "Clinically crazy" tactics, and

- Flexible engineering. Or, "sciencing the hell out of it." The Martian would be proud.

Thanks for composing this fascinating and funny fic! I can't wait to continue reading!
Deus ex Fulminata chapter 1 . 2/11/2021
This is one of the best most realistic work I’ve read here. Keep it up, I hope you update soon
1,441 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »