Reviews for Degrees Of Separation
Larki13 chapter 3 . 8/23/2009
I just wanted to say that this is by far the most clever idea for a story I have ever read on FF. It didn't hit me that they were in the animation world until you mentioned Boromir's Viking double, which I've always found amusing since watching the animated LOTR. Definitely going on my favorites list.
cheshire-kitten88 chapter 9 . 6/3/2009
that was brilliant. though it did unfortunately requre my screen to be cleaned :p. on the subject of adaptations, have you come across "The Hunt For Gollum" yet? if you haven't, i seriously suggest googling it
Silent Game chapter 9 . 3/22/2005
Oh, lol! This has to be one of the most hilarious cross-overs (if I can call it a cross-over) that I have read in a long time. Well done. :)
fliewatuet chapter 9 . 10/8/2003
I just stumbled across this little gem and couldn't help but read it in one go! What a take at that infamous animation movie (my memories of said movie are somewhat dim, but I have always been annoyed by Aragorn's and Boromir's lack of proper trousers).

Well done!
Neshomeh chapter 9 . 8/4/2003
I really liked that. I wish it had gone on longer-nothing in Middle-earth ever goes off without a hitch, after all!-but it was so fun I can't regret it too much. _

I've remembered the man's name now: Ian Holm, I think. I still think that's brilliant. One of the first things I noted about the new movies is that he was playing the part of Bilbo when he had previously voiced Frodo. Very clever of you to do something with that!

~Neshomeh
Neshomeh chapter 5 . 8/4/2003
Ai, Eru! This is BRILLANT! {X D I'm not done yet... I just had to stop here, because I know what you're talking about. SO COOL! I always loved those audio tapes! I listened to them before I read the books. I think they are probably the most loyal rendition of the story...

And the man who did the voice of Frodo in the tapes plays Bilbo in the movies! { D Freakin' brilliant!

~Neshomeh
Kit5 chapter 9 . 6/18/2003
LOL; this movie presentation makes me almost long to see that awful Ralph Bakshi production again...

I'm teasing, this tale was really neat.

Now, my dear, to answer a couple of your burning questions that you put in your reviews of my stories that I could not answer any other way...

1. Re: the goose in Full Circle: Geese tend to be aggressive and obnoxious whether they are wild or domesticated, especially if they have goslings. I've been "attacked" by both groups.

2. Re: What's a Cream Puff? a cream puff is a heavenly concoction of puff pastry filled with custard or whipped cream or whatever you so desire. Just think of the "vanity cakes" Ma made for Laura and Mary's party on the Banks of Plum Creek and insert filling.

But thanks for your thought-provoking reviews, and for blending kudos with corrections in the kindest manner imaginable.
technetium chapter 9 . 5/18/2003
I haven't seen the animated version (although I do remember an animated Hobbit from when I was little), so many of the things didn't make sense to me, but I still got enough of it to follow along, and I did think it was very funny. I won't put you through the trouble of listing credits and references, although if you already have them typed up, I wouldn't mind seeing it. I thought Timkin Rumbleguts was hilarious, and I liked the idea of Greenleaf acting like C3PO. If I can find it in the library or video store, I think I will submit myself to the bad animation, and I will think about your fic as I watch it.
Eliza Stubbs chapter 9 . 3/31/2003
That was great! It was so good. I can't wait until you write another story. Keep it up, your a really good writer.
Werecat99 chapter 1 . 3/26/2003
Your opening statement caught my eye. It reminded me of some old horror movies in which the producer would warn the audience before the film started...

And yes, your story lives up to my expectations. Off to read more.
my own chapter 9 . 3/23/2003
Heehee... odd, and very good. I like the strange mix of AUs you've made. I only saw the Bakshi version once a very long time ago, before I even read the books. I didn't think it was *that* bad - I was quite young, so maybe my memory has glossed over some of the worse bits - but I do remember the lack of ending bothered me a lot.

Poor Greenleaf. The scary thing is, I can imagine exactly what he'd look and sound like, coming from that galaxy far, far away :)
Dragon-of-the-north chapter 9 . 3/23/2003
"They’ll be the best audience he ever had" - indeed! :-)

This was a very good, very enterntaining story, something I (usually very conservative concerning promising plotlines ;-)) would have never thought possible, given that topic - but the way you dealt with it was remarkable, original and on the whole BRILLIANT! Thank you for this most wonderful story!
Inconsequential chapter 9 . 3/22/2003
I shall certainly tell my friends and my enemies, in the hopes of instructing the latter and entertaining the former. I'm sad this story had to end, but it was lovely while it lasted. You will keep writing on this site, won't you? I really enjoy your style...

If not, that's fine, too. I can see you're right about leaving a party when you're having the most fun, but I guess I'm the type to stay until the music dies down and my friends have to drag me home. Really, I'm almost crying, here. I suppose, though, that it is best... oh, dear, I think I'll just spend the next few hours sniffling and compulsively perusing the first few chapters.

And thank you for your kindly review of my own story, not to mention actually putting my name, and my suggestion, in your immortal fic! Where people see it in conjunction to your own! Wow.

Fondly with a slight melancholy air,

Artemis

suffering withdrawal symptoms; oh yes, do continue experimenting
Inconsequential chapter 8 . 3/21/2003
And Bilbo saves the day yet again! Or does he? He seems to have lost a bit of his memory... Will the dual Fellowships instead have to go on a Quest, fraught with peril, danger and bad animation to finish their tale together? Will the rotoscoped Fellows join the live action in PJ's Return of the King movie?

Ah, the suspense!

I'm on the edge of my seat. And I'm not being sarcastic, though I all too often am. This is a great story, I was always rather regretful Bakshi's version never finished... I think I've mentioned that before. My, I believe I've given you too many reviews, if such a thing is possible.

No, no. Such a marvelous and somewhat overlooked story deserves at least one faithful reviewer.

-Artemis
shadow975 chapter 8 . 3/21/2003
Just wanted to say I'm finding this really odd, and really, really entertaining. Loved this:

"You fight with the strength of seven men!" Bigwig gasped, when it was over.

"No. I fight with the density of one," Boromir replied.

Love Mippin and Perry. And I also liked the reunion between Bilbo and Bigwig. And this made me laugh out loud:

Boromir deftly stuck out a foot and tripped the Elf, and Merry and Pippin pinned him to the ground. Bilbo looked up from his conversation with Bigwig.

"What? What’s wrong with your Elf there?" he asked.

Heh.

Anyway, it's a very interesting and clever premise, and I'm eager to see where you take it.