Reviews for The Human Effect
Pteaset chapter 5 . 14h
Another interesting chapter this continues to be an extremely unique story
Pteaset chapter 3 . 17h
This is definitely one of the most unique stories I’ve read on mass of fact it’s gonna be interesting to see the way humanity will interact with the council whenever humanity is so far beyond the council usually even the stories that the pig head humanity is strong they’re not so much stronger that I can just dismiss the council but in your store the council will be like A bug
Pteaset chapter 2 . 19h
This story certainly has a very different I like that
Pteaset chapter 1 . 22h
I like it
John Therion chapter 2 . 9/5
The idea is great and thus makes the difference in the quality of the execution and idea much more painful. The dialogue is at times incoherent and difficult to follow, but the biggest problem by far is the incredibly clumsy and painful exposition. I lost my count at four occasions before I just gave up on counting the times that the exposition was doing the ultimate crime. That is, explaining the obvious in dialog. Basically you had an endless supply of people talking to each other the equivalent ofso you know refrigerators, right?Yes, the usually white insulated boxes that keep food cold, what about them?yes, them. Not only are they keeping the food cold and thus helping it to preserve much longer, they are also rather efficient in using minimal , that is amazing. I am really glad that almost all homes have them in their food preparation rooms, known as "

So, yeah. You'll probably see the problem with this piece of stimulating dialogue. It is generally better to explain less and than more. And this is the classic mistake of telling instead of showing.

It's a great idea and by all means continue writing, but I strongly recommend rewriting this chapter, at the very least. I can't comment on the later chapters, because I haven't read them.
swordworks chapter 4 . 8/30
Its unrealistic for the Citadel Council to accept magic and everything else and at the same time make decisions regarding it.
Axccel chapter 1 . 6/26
Interesting prologue. Good hook.

Yeah, the problem with making peace with Gaia in the way you say is that human impact on Earth and the territory we damage we A) replace anyway and B) is so insignificantly tiny that it is practically invisible even when actively looking for it beyond human habitats and their vicinity. So, Gaia's reason for hating humanity doesn't make sense.

What DOES make sense is Gaia's canon reason for hating humanity. She either foresaw or was forewarned that in the future humanity will devastate the Earth. She hates humanity because of that, despite it not having happened yet. If I remember correctly it was due to a nuclear war but I can't recall. I do know there was at least one professionally written story set in the time period after the devastation when the other Types come to avenge Gaia for her death.
The armed forces chapter 7 . 5/29
This shit getting good
9571191 chapter 7 . 5/24
for when the Reaper threat
PoofyOhio chapter 7 . 5/20
Through the entirety of chapter seven I was thinking “fake news!”.
PasiveNox chapter 7 . 5/4
damn great job
kunai909 chapter 7 . 5/4
I feel bad for Kate, all these bombs being dropped on her. She should get a raise.
Fido123a chapter 7 . 5/4
So, after several chapters of what is essentially (excellent) world building the plot kicks in... I can't wait. Also, this has got me trying to theorize ways ways to fit the magical theory and actual science together. Seeing as those are the two basic concepts at the basis of the two verses (even if only partly on the scientific side).

The basics (because I've really been going into detail about this) of what I got is this:
- The root is something that is a basic building block of the universe and behaves like the theoretical Dark Matter.
- Interactions with the material in certain ways is what generates mana and od (which are raw energy forms like kinetic and thermal energy). Both being the components of magical energy.

From there it gets complicated...yeah, I think too much.

Anyways, you know for sure that I'll be reading.
EvilTheLast chapter 7 . 5/3
Good update. Well...let's hope the Reapers show up in force to harvest the Human worlds that they can get to...only to find out that their Never Ending Cycle ends by doing that.
meemapmeow chapter 7 . 5/3
*Insert Cadia Stands meme here*
To be honest, I’m a bit worried that the amount of elements pulled from 40k might be too overwhelming at the current rate.