Reviews for Chances
Scissors Dolphin chapter 30 . 7/26/2020
Great story. I'm happy with the ending. Minor point: Videl should have gone higher than 200. Hercule got 120 without having Ki. Videl was pretty much as strong as him. Even with just the weighted clothes training? That should push her higher than 200. With Ki, she would have gone way higher.
Scissors Dolphin chapter 29 . 7/26/2020
I don't think Gohan would threaten Chris like that. He would at least be somewhat sympathetic, as he got his life ruined by Satan's lies. He wouldn't interrogate him, and wouldn't threaten to make his life hell.
Scissors Dolphin chapter 28 . 7/26/2020
I'm happy you didn't focus on this crime thing. Honestly, I think it wasn't really required, and it feels like a plot contrivance.
Scissors Dolphin chapter 25 . 7/26/2020
Hmm, I like how they train Videl on how to deal with a hostage situation. Seriously, I hate hostage situations in most stories, because everyone seems to be incompetent in them.
Scissors Dolphin chapter 24 . 7/26/2020
The only thing I disliked is how you portrayed Saiyan pairs as different from normal people. It's a real bandwagon in this fandom, but it does get on my nerve. Of course, yours is a lot milder than normal, so it really is fine. I don't think Vegeta would be afraid of Gohan though.

On another note, Videl shouldn't have that much trouble with 3x gravity, especially with Ki training. Normal humans might have trouble with high gravity due to their heart being unable to pump blood, but that should be fixed with Ki. In terms of power, Videl is actually a pretty small girl. If she weighs like 125 pounds, 3x gravity is as if she has 250 pounds strapped onto her.

In fact, anyone that can fly should have no trouble with 2x gravity. Flying means that Ki can hold up at least 1x your body weight, and your leg can hold up another.

Of course, this is dragonballs. Goku can blow up the moon but still have trouble with 10x gravity. Goku trained in 100x gravity at less than 100k power levels, but even Vegeta got at least 150 million power levels from being a super saiyan, he still trained in less than 500x.

Gravity training level is bullshit, lol.
Scissors Dolphin chapter 20 . 7/26/2020
I think Krillin should have pointed out that Videl fights crimes, and having Ki techniques is better because it might save her life.
Scissors Dolphin chapter 19 . 7/26/2020
I disagree. Videl is not in the wrong. She isn't obligated to report every aspect of her life to her father.

Also, paparazzi are a bit unbelievable, since Gohan should notice them.
Scissors Dolphin chapter 16 . 7/26/2020
Goku definitely isn't a virgin, and he can still ride the Nimbus. Krillin couldn't ride the Nimbus even as a child.

I think the definition of "Pure" is just some arbitrary "thought purity". It's likely based off Buddism. But you can think of the rules for getting into heaven in Christianity. How it is a sin to have "evil thoughts". It's likely that "unpure" (whatever arbitrary bullshit that means) sexual desire is one of them.
Scissors Dolphin chapter 11 . 7/26/2020
The best thing about this fic is that Gohan doesn't have to save Videl in some contrived bullshit scenario.
luisAM21 chapter 15 . 2/5/2020
Lets hope that they don’t run into Broly
SeeASweetSmile chapter 30 . 12/3/2019
It was such a good story ! The development was really good and in-chara ! I loved the fact that Videl was under Krillin's supervision training ! And the fact she's around the world to search dragon balls with Gohan !
Guest chapter 20 . 9/9/2019
Chapter 20 is my favorite! Krillen confronting Hercule is soo satisfying. I agree Krillen calm makes him more menacing but I think you are wrong in saying it makes him "villainous".
zfj chapter 30 . 5/29/2019
Okay okay. I finally finished it. Loved it. Great family friendly story of Gohan and Videl getting together. I totally forgot about this story and I’m glad I reread it/finished it!
zfj chapter 23 . 5/28/2019
Oooh, I have already read this one! I forgot lol... silly me haha. Well, second time around, still great! Maybe there’s more chapters for me to catch up on!
zfj chapter 8 . 5/28/2019
This is quite good. I’m looking forward to finishing this story but sleep calls.

You set up an interesting dynamic with Gohan and Videl so far (ch 8) with Videl meeting Goten and all. You got Goten and Trunks very much in character! Seemed a little fast but not a bad thing at all. I imagine Videl is taking in a lot of information feeling overwhelmed. Your writing is fluid and definitely in the perspective of Videl’s thoughts, which you conveyed well.

Can’t wait to finish this read. Great job.