Reviews for The Gift of Iluvatar
GwennielOfNargothrond chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
I found your illustration for this fic on Deviant art, so I decided to drop by here and read this. Now I don't usually read LotR fics (I'm a Silmarillion person), but I'm glad I read this one. It was moving and well written. Good job! I enjoyed reading it!

First off, I think your writing style is very nice to read. It reminds me a bit of Tolkien's own style, but one can obviously see you're not copying anything, but that this really is your writing. Personally I like stories that can be inserted into canon like this, gap-fillers that truly fit in and need no alter universes. I think your story is a prime example of such stories. And even after the addition of Indil, the story felt as if it really fit. I'm not going to lie and say that Indil's love for Frodo didn't surprise me a bit. I wondered where it would lead the story. But as you left the feelings unresolved it doesn't really bother me. I think it's actually interesting that you included such a detail. I don't remember whether Gandalf showed this much feelings in the book, but for the most part I think you wrote quite in character. Also, you clearly knew what you were doing when writing about tending to wounds, so that impressed me.

All in all, a very good fic, IMHO. (Sorry for the long review, and that it comes years after you're written the story,, but I still think it deserves one. ) Keep up the good job!
monia chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
Your story is truly amazing. So touching, descriptive and everyone is really in character. I could hear them saying (and thinking) what they did in this fic. And the style of your writing, beautiful. And your own character is so easy to smile upon and so fitting. Everything is in place. Just perfect.
Mrs. Knightley chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
I LOVE THIS STORY! You did an awesome job of painting the strong friendship between the characters and kept them in character (THANK YOU!) You have done such a wonderful job in describing the tenderness and compassion and in a language that fits with the book very well. I am so impressed with your work! I love "Indil" She fits so well she could have been created by Tolkien himself! Very compassionate and dutiful healer. She is great!

I love this line: "He was needed back and so tenderly and lovingly called that, without questioning, he came. The return journey would be long, but not hard, indeed, by comparison nothing seemed hard anymore." I can not say enough how good of a job you did with this story!

The tenderness of such a reunion as when Frodo woke was one I had always wished they would have included and you have captured it so well: "Never be too hasty when assuming the fate of wizard or hobbit…as I have learned." I can just see Gandalf say that very thing. IT was well written! I would like to print it out very small and add it to my book! To re read each time I read the book! Thank you for being willing to share this wonderful story with others! I LOVE IT!

Mrs. Knightley
ThorinKiliandFili4ever chapter 1 . 3/22/2008
A great story. I liked the part where Frodo woke up and wanted to see Sam.
Shannypants chapter 1 . 3/4/2008
its wonderful to see what happened in between the parts in the book. well-written!
Anawey chapter 1 . 1/15/2006
Aw! That end phrase from the book fit that story perfectly. I liked how indil realized she loved Frodo. Nice story.
cuthalion chapter 1 . 2/22/2005
I told you that I read it, but I forgot to leave a review. This tale is written with an enormous, overwhelming tenderness, and I love your Indil... so Frodo has always had a "Lily" to love him, even in Ithilien! *smiles*

Thank you for a fine and moving read!
GamgeeFest chapter 1 . 9/13/2004
I found this on Gentle Hobbit's faves list, and I was instantly drawn in. This is fantastic. I loved seeing all the behind the scenes care that Indil gave to the hobbits. Pippin's indignation at being bathe (at first anyway) was wonderful, as was Gimli's dedication to finding him in the battlefield. Aragorn and Gandalf's concern and love for the hobbits was portrayed perfectly. And Indil falling for the Ringbearer was unexpected, but not surprising. This was a fantastic read. Thanks for sharing it.
Leia Wood aka Cascadia chapter 1 . 7/25/2004
Lovely story! I like these that fill in some of the gaps left by Tolkien, and this tale was perfectly plausible. Indil's love for Frodo was very moving; and you conveyed such a sense of longing and care that I found myself yearning for more time with the beloved hobbit and sad when the story ended. This is beautiful and tenderly written.

Leia
Vilya0 chapter 1 . 6/27/2004
Hello! I absolutly loved your fic! I would never have thought that the simple healing of the hobbits after their quest could be as interesting as you wrote it. By seeing the title, one would have thought Gandalf would use his gift to save at least Frodo but he didn't. Poor Indil, she has fallen for Frodo's charm, another victim. But he is so lovely, none can resist! ;) Your fic really filled what Tolkien chose not to write. Wondelful fic.
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 5/19/2004
Just wanted to add this great story to my favourites
Rose chapter 1 . 3/7/2004
A beautiful story which fills a glaring gap in the novel. I've looked for a long time for this .Beautifully written
Kibeth5 chapter 1 . 2/24/2004
This is absolutely amazing. Even if I searched through the entire dictionary, I do not believe I could find the adequate word to cover this beautiful story - it's just breathtaking.
It is evident you have pushed an incredible amount of effort into this alone, but I can tell you in utter honesty that is has paid off. And I don't know what else to say to you!
Raven Aorla chapter 1 . 2/13/2004
So cute, so sad, so beautiful. How could you NOT fall in love with Frodo? Sigh. Very realistic and plausible descriptions of healing. Indil is a very well-rounded and believable character.
I think an addition to my Favorites list is in order.
Henna Gamgee chapter 1 . 12/29/2003
Oh my goodness, that was incredible. I don't think I've ever read a fanfic that sounded so much like Tolkien's own writing. Wow! I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this. And just when I was wondering if I'd ever find a story that elaborated this so unfortunately neglected part of Return of the King. Thank you, you really made my day!