Reviews for The Gift of Iluvatar
Regina L chapter 1 . 8/18/2003
I love this story, & I love Indil-what a fantastic OC, & what an interesting history you're developing for her. I love your characterizations of both the hobbits & Gandalf too.

So when do we get to see Indil ride to the Shire to check up on Master Baggins? :-)
bagendbabe chapter 1 . 8/15/2003
I wish I had known about this story - well all your stories other than in FF, before, Ariel! This is the most wonderful story. You are an absolute credit to Tolkien himself. In fact, I would dare to say your writing in this story is better and more detailed which he would have laid down himself.

This is so moving ... I was almost in tears several times. I have such total empathy with Indil ... she is a beautiful character. The ending made my heart break for her, especially because of the way we feel about Frodo's character ...

Beautiful work - thank you! I now have a lot of your stories to catch up on.

Camellia Gamgee-Took chapter 1 . 8/14/2003
I really wish that I had discovered this sooner!

This was perfect, to sum it up in one word, but it was also beautiful, intricate and absolutely amazing. I imensely enjoyed every second of it and I adore the character of Indil: knowing that she cannot speak of her love, and the way she never gave up hoe - wonderful.

I'm beaming now, I really did think this story was mindblowing. It is so good to see that amongst all the parodies and crossovers, there is still some pure talent to be found!

Here are a couple of my favourite lines:

"Aragorn realized that Frodo had never expected anything from this quest but death, and had long ago prepared himself for it."

"He was sad and beautiful, like a stricken dove"

"black lines on bright paper, though some of those marks had been written by darkness and could never be unmade."

"She did love him, wholly and completely, and because she did, she knew, she could never breathe a word of it to him. " - I especially like this one!

Thank you for sharing this with us all, and I am so sorry that I have only just discovered this story!
Gypsie Rose chapter 1 . 7/23/2003
This was recommended to me by Aratlithiel, as I am an Aragorn fan, and I want to congratulate you on your excellent characterization of him, as well as on your descriptions. You make a reader feel as if she is right there with everyone, watching over their shoulders. Well done!

Aratlithiel1 chapter 1 . 5/22/2003
Oh, yes - I DID read this one before and silly me didn't leave you a review.

What a wonderful, wonderful tale. So descriptive it makes one see the shadows in the firelight and hear the stream burbling in the distance. The dialogue between Frodo and Gandalf was so perfect and the love and regret of the new king was so moving.

I liked how you had Indil drawn to Frodo even as he slept. His magnetism and strength of spirit really are quite irresistible, no? Lovely, lovely work.
darksun1 chapter 1 . 5/20/2003
Oh wow. This is absolutely astounding. I loved it. Amazing. I just loved how you captured Indil's love for Frodo and the hobbits... it was so heartfelt and made me even get a little teary. Incredible. And that cheeky Pip... job well done.
Skye12 chapter 1 . 5/1/2003
Oh my! this is one of the best fanfics I've ever read. Pippin was just precious!

"Oh, that has never been a failing of mine." Such a Pippin thing to say!

You really got the characters here! Even unconscious they were in character! Now that's a challenge. And your character is a sweet edition. This is a wonderful filler, Tolkien couldn't have put it better himself.

Thank you for reviewing my fic "Just Don't Have the Heart to End It" it was a very wonderful review nice to have ones that get you thinking. But I would love it to see you accept my challenge especially after I have read this. I really don't have much of a "circle of friends" here at fanfiction or anywhere for that matter, I'm a drifter. The challenge was given to anyone and everyone who is willing and my only request is that you tell me so that I may read it.

I truly do enjoy you style. It would be very interesting to see my idea written in your hand.

lizmybit chapter 1 . 4/14/2003
This is probably one of the greatest Fan fics I have ever read! WOW I am so impressed! I have also written a Fanfic about the Field of Cormallen but yours is a masterpiece! Wow! I am looking forward to reading more of you stuff! Thanks for this, It was just beautiful!
Baranduin chapter 1 . 3/30/2003
Ariel, I'm so glad to see this posted here again. I'd lost track of it which made me very sad as I love to reread it on occasion. Such a magical story ... with the best OFC I've ever read. Thanks so much for putting it back on .
Chantelli chapter 1 . 3/22/2003
WOW! Amazing AMAZING story! I love your technique... do write some more... like I'm quoted to say, it's hard to find such an amazing fanfic writer with stories that dont contain slash or mary sues.

AMAZING! Continue these stories that Tolkien forgot to add in!
LilyBaggins chapter 1 . 3/18/2003
This is one of my favorite stories *ever,* and one of the best done OFCs out there, I'm sure. Beautifully written and makes me cry . . . so emotional. I'm glad to see it here again.
ShireElf chapter 1 . 3/15/2003
Man, you write good stories, don't you? The Lady of the fanfics! Write on, Ariel! :-)
Firiel-Earth'sDaughter chapter 1 . 3/14/2003
Oh goodie! I've read this story before but have never got to review it! this is possibly the best LOTR fanfic i have read on the net! It is breathtaking, well written and beautiful! the good Professor would be proud!
Herald7 chapter 1 . 3/13/2003
Great details :)
shirebound chapter 1 . 3/13/2003
Oh, it's back! Ariel, what a gem, what perfection, what an amazing piece this is. (Would you ever consider a chapter 2? Did Indil watch Frodo and Sam honored by the King?)

I love this story. Love love love it.
32 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »