Reviews for In The Blood
fasterassembly chapter 6 . 8/18/2007
Oh my. This has to be my favorite "character X goes werewolf". And it was resolved in a true Vimes fashion. It's very Discworld piece. The writing and style is great, the plot was well-executed, and the Pack was such a great invention. The humor, too, made me smile. Good job all around. Adding to my favorites.
Magicflute chapter 6 . 1/4/2007
Wonderful story, all the characters dead in character (Vimes, Angua etc). I so love your stories
FictionLuverkdm chapter 6 . 5/24/2006
Very good fanfiction! Kept me interested throughout.
everyday-dream chapter 6 . 5/18/2006
My god.

This was an amazing story, beautifully written and very true to the characters and the world of Terry Pratchett. I don't know what else to say because I am incredibly impressed and, thus, slightly incoherent. Well, at the very least, congratulations on a story well done! :)
Silverthreads chapter 6 . 5/9/2006
This is an excellent story.
TheDancingGypsy chapter 6 . 11/7/2005
I am SO happy I found your fics! My favorite books by Pratchett are those he's written about the Night Watch, and I was seriously wondering if I'd ever find good fic about them. You are a wonderful writer - very true to Pratchett's sense of humor and style. I love the footnotes . You have all the characters spot on, as well. I've really enjoyed all your stories (especially the ones with Same and Sybil), but I'm leaving the review here because this one is my favorite. My only complaint is...write longer fics! And more of them! :P Thanks for sharing your talent, and keep writing!
MrRobertsIII chapter 6 . 9/30/2005
Excellent!
FrequencyQueen chapter 6 . 7/1/2005
Good story! You kept the personality's true, and wrote a very entertaining story. I loved your descriptions of Vimes pre/post wolf. I look forward to reading your other stories!
shinizero chapter 6 . 12/24/2004
Holy cats, is all I can say. I liked your HP works, and was amused to death at all the Uncle series, but...-Discworld-! And the Night Watch and Vimes which is all just my favorite of favorites -flailing with happiness- Seriously, I never expected to find Discworld fanfic, just never occurred to me to go looking you know, and I never would have expected such to be so good and so -right-. Caught myself going 'gads, it's -so- Terry Pratchett' to the point where I had to peek at your LJ info to convince myself you weren't. -embarrassed- Honestly, I don't know whether to plead for you to keep writing fanfic or for you to go out and get published so we USers can have a Pterry sort of our very own. -heh- And scary, but I think I'm going to have to pick out your best Discworld stuff and poke at my mother to read, as I think she'd really adore it.
Bobcat Moran chapter 6 . 9/21/2004
I saw this on the "favorites" list of another author, was intreguied by the summary, and read through the whole thing without noticing who the author was. After I was done, I thought, "Gee, that was really good. I wonder what else this person has written?" Then I saw that this was written by samvimes, and thought, "Oh, well that explains it."

Seriously, you're one of the best Discworld fic authors I've read, and the way you catch Pratchett's writing style is uncanny.
Roseveare chapter 1 . 4/5/2004
I've just spent an unreasonable amount of the last two days reading all your Discworld fic, and I wanted to let you know I enjoyed them thoroughly! Very much in the spirit and humour of the books, and I love the way you write Vimes.
thaumaturgical physicist chapter 6 . 11/17/2003
Wow.

THis was a great story. This story was so amazing I cannot find adequate words to describe its greatness.

I could try to praise your incredibly welcome technical readibility (around here, I'm afraid this does mean a lot), your wonderful plot, your *lovely*, well-done ending and lack of loose ends/plot holes, your incredible capturing of the characters...but I am simply not up to the task. So I will have to settle for the highest compliment that I can give: /This is worthy of Pratchett himself./

I am deadly serious; I could literally see this happening on the Disc. Aside from length, I could almost make myself believe it *was* official. That's how good this is.

Profound thanks for a wonderful story, and PLEASE keep up the good work!
Delirieuse chapter 6 . 8/31/2003
I was really impressed with this fic, all round. You've an excellent talent for keeping characters true to canon, and using Pterry's style, as well as giving interesting plots. Well done. :)
Allison chapter 1 . 5/20/2003
Sam! This is my first comment on any of your stories... This may actually be the first of yours that I ever read, really. Yay, I love werewolves. Yay, I love Sam Vimes. And both of them *together*? That just makes my day.

Specfriggintacular, as always.
fan of tp chapter 1 . 5/1/2003
woohoo! as usual, u have captured the wotsit of vimes brilliantly... the way he deals with the whole thing is SO like him. im glad im completely incapable of writing fanfics... excellent work!
65 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »