Reviews for In The Blood
Belamancer chapter 4 . 3/19/2003
This is a great story, really original ( or at least I haven't seen one before. People's reactions are good, you're really keeping them in character.
Guin chapter 4 . 3/18/2003
Brilliant.
ryulabird chapter 4 . 3/18/2003
Haha! Tasting blood to find out its type! Oh! if only it were that easy! Oh please Igor! Come be my lab partner! I'll let you grow ears or even noses in whatever tanks you wish! And I won't even throw them out!

Haha, yes, very good! Can't wait to see what Vimes'll do. Be pretty interesting to see what people like Vetinari will do when they read the paper and find, oh! Vimes was a werewolf, but he's better now it seems. _ Work hard! (Patrician's Papers-Hooray! Cannot wait _~)
samvimes chapter 4 . 3/18/2003
You know, it occurs to me (along with the sudden question of how to spell "occurs") that if Terry Pratchett really wanted to have some fun, he /would/ write fanfic and post it, and watch the results.

But on the other hand, since fanfic is basically an outlet for all the things he either a) hasn't written ::cough roomvithaview cough:: or b) wouldn't write ::choke slash choke::, he might actually not be all that popular. After all, Charlie Chaplin once came third in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike contest. Sometimes the mimics have more to prove :D

I could wish that I was Terry Pratchett. If he was taking apprentices I'd audition in a heartbeat. Blow grad school for a game of soldiers.

Glad you're all enjoying things. I think I will stick with this footnoting method, it works better for me, too.

Ysabet, your reaction to "Scruffy" was almost as good as your screaming hysterics. I've also wondered about the kiddies, but that's an Ityme for the Transformations sequel. And I've oft wondered about Carrot and Angua, but he's just not interesting enough for me to try for it-

"An attendant lord, one that will do

To swell a progress, start a scene or two,

Advise the prince; no doubt, an easy tool,

Deferential, glad to be of use,

Politic, cautious, and meticulous;

Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse."

Well. This became quite the missive, complete with poetry and everything. I think I'd better go now. Expect part five sometime this week, hopefully before Thursday when I have to go back to work. Bloody scenic designer, this is my spring holiday for Io's sake! :D
jezowen chapter 4 . 3/18/2003
What, another chapter? So soon? Excellent!

Really interesting situation, and your writing style is such that I keep staring suspiciously at your username (I'm sure you really meant to put a "T", and then a "P-R-A-T-C-H-E-double-T"). Please keep up the updates, filled to the brim with ficcy goodness!
whohasthezebra chapter 4 . 3/17/2003
dun dun dun? i like this story a lot. your style is very entertaining. i like the way you do your footnotes; dont have to scroll down to read them :D laziness once again is the mother of invention ;)

i like the descriptions of werewolf life and butcher, hes cool. vimce has always been one of my fave characters, but being a werewolf seems to have brought the worst and best of him out. i await to see if he actually accepts...go otto!
zendska not signed in chapter 4 . 3/17/2003
carry on! carry on! carry on!

amazingly good.
Ysabet chapter 3 . 3/17/2003
SCRUFFY? **falls over laughing** SCRUFFY! Bwahahahahah! Poor, poor Vimes... You know, I had the oddest thought just now. We already *know* that Sam Junior won't be a wolf (unless dad bites him, which isn't probable) since he was conceived pre-Uberwald, but any of his later brothers and sisters (which I'm hoping for Big Time) WILL be half-human, half-werewolf. Genetics are genetics, and Vimes' bloodline has now been changed- so he can sire puppies. For some reason this notion makes me really, really happy; hey, he could start up the first K-9 corps! Mucho thankees, by the way, for getting this chapter out so fast- it was excellent as always. Sure hope this'll be a long fic- lots of chapters! Go Speedsamvimes Go!
Ryulabird chapter 3 . 3/17/2003
"Scruffy Vimes, canine enforcer."

Hahahahahahaha! Yay! That is just too, too perfect! Of course Vimes would still be off on the chase even with a glitch in his morphic field. Then again, now that he's a wolf (or maybe more like a dog? he has been called Vetinari's Terrier, now he sorta is)he'll probably be even more eager to chase the bad guys and now he can "never let go" of his quarry in more../physical/ terms. _ Oh yah, I'm excited now. The only way this could get any better is if I could read Patrician's Papers between 'In The Blood' updates! ::evil grin:: Update soon!
Twist chapter 3 . 3/17/2003
Have I told you that I find this story brilliant? I love every juicy little word. I hope you update faster this time, ecause I got very anxious between this chapter and the last. You really are a brilliant writer and your stories are spectacular little works of art. Bravo!
Eirual of the Nightrunners chapter 3 . 3/17/2003
I actually have nothing really of value to say. You can only say great chapter so many times before it starts to sound smarmy. I do like what you'ev done with the footnotes though. Before I used to scroll down to read them, and then I'd lose my place in the story.

Eirual
Belamancer chapter 2 . 3/17/2003
This is very good, especially Vimesy's reaction to being bitten. Should be fun!
ryulabird chapter 1 . 3/16/2003
Aww. How cute! Furry Vimes. _ Yay!

So happy! After six days of moping around because a certain relation of mine disconnected the phone line to my computer (just because I started singing 'Hardback' when her friends were doing kareoke), I have returned to the sanctity and solitude of my college 'home-away-from-home' and I can not only sing my favorite song without having to be on the look-out for unnaturally flying objects heading towards my face but I can also get online again! And what do I find here but two samvimes stories! TWO! Hooray! ::dances the jig of joy::

You know what? The Seuss story "And To Think That I saw it on Such&such Street" is my favorite one! And now that it's been mentioned I'm going to have to go down to the library and borrow a copy, denying some poor kindergaten the joy of a wonderful Seuss tale. ::sigh:: I think the only thing that might change that sad, sad fate is if I happen to be distracted by the first installment/chapter/post up/ANYTHING of "The Patrician's Papers" If not, well, I'm afraid that some poor little tyke somewhere will just have to learn the pangs of disappointment a little early. Too bad..
Eirual of the Nightrunners chapter 2 . 3/16/2003
And... And? What Happens Next! I've just spent the last day and a half reading right through your fic list. Wow that was fun. And now I've run out of things to read. DOOM! Please update soon, pretty please?

Eirual
The Nightrunners chapter 2 . 3/14/2003
OOh, I am totally in love with the Vimesy-wolf description. If I found him in the streets, I'd take him home. Or, at least, pet him very gingerly and hope he didn't take my hand off. I hope we'll get to see Vimesy fighting as a wolf, that would be beyond amazing. Cheers, Dru
65 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »