Reviews for Please Explain
Readit2532 chapter 2 . 7/14/2023
Good story but the whole "making it words by fighting" proves you never been in that situation or are police. When your life is in danger you fight, why? Because if someone is willing to harm you in the first place what makes you think they wouldn't no matter what?

It is the same reason if someone tries to get you in a car you fight to the death, the same reason if someone tries to restrain you you fight until you die or escape.

The options are NOT "do nothing and be safe" it is do nothing and suffer horribly. This mindset you have Taylor have here is the reason so many kidnappings, rapes and the sex industry are so high.

It is in short disgusting how out of touch that type of opinion is. It also makes Taylor a hypocrite as she responded with violence when Sophia simply shoved her proving my entire point of fighting being the correct option and negating Taylor's.
Gizmo Gear chapter 2 . 12/23/2022
And kick Sophia's ass up one tree and down another.

This was an interesting scenario to read! Kind of a shame it's not expanded on any further, but there's not much I can see to expand upon thatwould matter. At least, not right now. Probably could with some spitballing, but it still wouldn't be easy.
Gizmo Gear chapter 1 . 12/23/2022
Taylor's patience just went right out the window at the end there, gawt damn.
Shandrakor chapter 2 . 7/6/2022
I like this I do, short and sweet. I'd have expected quick chat with emma's mom and a call to the PRT for master effects in her shoes but this is also great fun.
centaurus2 chapter 2 . 6/30/2022
that's... hmm... that good after one summer camp? i'd almost call power shenanigans, but then sophia was always self learned so...
Duchess67 chapter 2 . 3/27/2022
Oooooh, I liked this! I know, I said I was going to sleep, but I laid down and my eyes popped wide open. So I read this awesome short story. I LIKE the idea of derailing Sophia's screwed up sense of the world before it has a chance to take hold in Emma. Way to go, Taylor!
Scorpion.Sorcerer7 chapter 2 . 10/2/2021
This was an unexpected fic. Interesting take on such an axiom of the worm verse
hjcallipygian chapter 2 . 8/22/2021
I assume from the gap since publication that this is completed... But I'd love to see how this goes after a time jump to when Sophia goes into the Wards.
Corwyn chapter 2 . 7/12/2021
Perfect method of taking SS's philosophy apart - with the side effect of Happy Emma. Love it. Thanks for sharing this with us.
H Max Marius chapter 2 . 2/23/2021
Only problem with this story is that 'complete' at the end of chapter 2...

Clearly this is only the beginning of something that could be rather impressive.

Also, staff work. :) Never enough staff work in CQC scenes! For an organization like the Protectorate, one would think staff and baton work would be standard training, being as they are 'non-lethal' weapons (when applied with the appropriate modicum of skill).

Besides, I'm suddenly getting a Xena(Taylor) and Gabrielle(Emma) vibe :)
LordGrimstorm chapter 2 . 9/15/2020
I enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing!
Junior VB chapter 2 . 2/10/2019
Not bad.
Navn Ukjent chapter 2 . 10/18/2018
Nice take on how it could have gone.
ReadR13 chapter 2 . 9/30/2018