Reviews for Thicker Than Blood
Pyrometheous chapter 6 . 6/4/2012
I think your characterization is what drives the story, i dont think its a weak point at all, i also can imagine all the dialogue as naturally comming from 8bit characters on my snes console.

On a review note for this chapter, i liked the dream sequence, i am getting the feeling that janus is the decendent of the seers from chapther four. Like i felt that when we got schalas dead body. I was like "nooooo", the i was like "wait schala lives in the game, hmmm he must be having a vission"

If im right, then it would make sense, except i now need to know how/when he gets all ecil and stuff, but is still destined to save the worls? We shall have to see.

Im also starting to thing that the demon voice is like the ancient seer soul guiding janu, kinda, or somthing like that. Im really excited about this :-D
Pyrometheous chapter 5 . 6/4/2012
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa? Janus speaks alpha deer? I guess everyone has a first step to becoming a dark lord of the universe, bt i have to say i was not expecting that ending to the chapter.

I was expecting ive to be all "bich please, bang bang bang" and that would be that. But janus being a parseltongue, that was interesting and waaaayyy unexpected.

Now i guess i have to read another chapter instead of playing tower defense games on my phone in hopes of learning whats going on here.
Pyrometheous chapter 4 . 6/4/2012
Hmmm...

Interesting stuff, im beginnings to see a very large scale story line unfold here. Its definitly captivating me to read more.

I remember bits and pieces off ct from snes days, and i remember lavos and with the whole space scene it just ignites my imagination making me need to see what happens next. Well off to the next chapter thank you so much for writing this, its just what i need right now :-)
Pyrometheous chapter 2 . 5/16/2012
Hmmm... and the plot thickens, i feel like there is a lot more going on here than what we are seeing. Totally love the pov stuff from sinior douchbag, like dirt hovel is a concept that never entered his brain. I feel bad for kirby right now, like hes gonna try to make friends sinior douchbag and is going to get douched on for being a nice guy.

Do i sense conspiracy? Why doesnt schala know about this secret project? And who the hell needs the stone? Why will she know what do do with it? Shit is about to go down, i feel it. Must see it! I cant believe you only have 19 chapters of this!
Pyrometheous chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
Oh my god, that little twerp is such a brat! He deaerves to be earthbound for a few days. I cant believe how he told off his professor like that! What a douch! Hes such a brat, im glad that schala cares enough to not further endulge his spoiled aditude. I cant wait ro see whats next.
DELETE-THIS-ACCOUNT-1112324343 chapter 19 . 12/3/2005
Damn. This is REALLY fucking good. I swear to god you are excellent at conveying emotions and painting scenes. I also like the way you time everything. You may not remember me, but I'm MidnightW0LF, or at least I used to be. I have a new e-mail now at I had asked you if I could post your story on my site at:

and you had told me to wait until part 2. I was wondering if you still didn't mind me posting it whenever you get part two started?
icypop04 chapter 19 . 10/31/2005
This chapter was really good and i hope that chapter 20 comes out really soon. Everything flowed well and went together just right. please continue the story and just take your time with it, no ones rushing you ok.

love ya girl

icypop04
Ollen70 chapter 19 . 10/20/2005
Good plot movement, good expansion of Schala, and an interesting view on Zeal as a whole. This probably sounds dumb, but I always figured that it couldn't really rain in Zeal, but I suppose it's possible, and it's an interesting change of atmosphere from what we usually see in the kingdom.

I think the one thing that could possibly be holding you back here is a small inconsistency in diction. Here we are in this incredibly grand setting, and the characters don't really verbally remind you of that. I expect characters like Ivy, Dalton, Schala and Janus to use more common language because they're on the whole more in touch with the people and with reality. I'm always surprised, on the other hand, when queen Zeal swears. It's a different way to look at her character.

I'm not sure exactly what I think of where Schala is coming from. I assume you're probably doing this on purpose, but Schala defends the Earthbound, gets beaten by her mother for not recanting, and then, around her younger, presumably impressionable brother, repeats a lot of the biases against Ivy. So, aparently you're making her unsure of where she stands on the issue, but if she's really sort of bi-polar, I'm thinking it might be cool to kind of flesh that aspect out at some point, see where it leads.

As always, my rambling, pointless little thoughts are suggestions. I'm just glad to see that you're still going on this piece, and I'm greatly anticipating chapter 20.
Ollen70 chapter 18 . 10/20/2005
I'm a bad person. It's been forever since I've reviewed for you, and I feel bad about it, but I can tell you one thing - college and actually having a life do NOT mix.

Moving along, I found this, like most of your chapters, to be very easy to follow, and I like the inclusion of the one-eyed nu, especially the tone of the narrative at that particular point.

Schala is well-developed, as is Dalton, but I had a hard time accepting that he'd call an Earthbound "sir," especially given what he says right after that, about how worthless all Earthbound are. That's really the only thing I caught.

Good stuff, as usual.
Candy89 chapter 19 . 9/15/2005
Very Nice. I like the vivid detial, please contnue wrting ASAP
CAndy89 chapter 19 . 9/15/2005
Very Nice. I like the vivid detal. It gets you really into the story. Please continue writing ASAP.:)
Mr. Beast chapter 19 . 8/20/2005
Well done, as always.
Aet chapter 18 . 4/20/2005
Though it takes a good long while to progress through the plot, the characters you've set up are very detailed. Please consider resuming the story.
Sabe chapter 18 . 11/16/2004