Reviews for Straight Trade
xSilentSakurax chapter 8 . 7/14
I loved this story so much. I'll definitely be checking for updates!
MicheleChadwick chapter 8 . 5/3
I love the end of this chapter with Sam and Missouri. Adore how you left that sentence hanging in the air “but I love them more.” At the end. Sometimes people think Dean loves Sam more... but I think the way he loves is just different. Sometimes the best way to love is to let them go, to move on.
MC2
Tlgrimn chapter 8 . 5/3
the best chapter yet!
AJ Granger chapter 8 . 5/3
Great chapter. Was not expecting Sam at the end but it’s a nice twist. You write amazingly good stuff.
Loved the ending especially! Keep it coming, that was great, thanks for sharing!
Butterscotch2347 chapter 8 . 5/2
I KNEW Sam was still around! Wow, now I REALLY can't wait for the next chapter...
Tlgrimn chapter 7 . 4/26
I ship it! this is fantastically done!
Astronema2345 chapter 1 . 4/20
Will you please update?
Ace Von S chapter 7 . 3/16
This story is fucking awesome. I wouldn't mind reading more. That was my polite way of saying that please write, I need my fix.
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 7 . 2/11
A dramatic twist on the existing series canon that really puts a great deal of thought into how the changes would affect the characters; great job.
After you ‘justify’ the switch with Sam’s prophetic powers allowing him to see at least some parts of their final destiny, it makes a grim sort of sense for the Sam Winchester who wanted out of the life to take that last desperate gamble to get away from the life he hates and save the first person he’s truly loved without any ambiguity behind it (he might love John and Dean, but that’s always tainted by the fact that he’d be simultaneously angry at them for depriving him of a normal life). With the catalyst established, the chain of events that lead to the two of them forming their own bond without Sam is very well-written, Jess learning more about the man she loved while Dean gets a chance to bond with the woman who gave Sam the one thing that Dean was never able to give him.
When the hunts begin, you clearly acknowledge the finer details that affect how things played out in canon compared to how Jess’s presence will affect subsequent events. Ranging from Jess needing more help than Sam did at this point in coping with everything they encounter, to Dean having to teach Jess some of the finer points of life on the road, you create a neat picture of them trying to find their own dynamic as each deal with conflicting feelings about having the other in their lives instead of Sam, particularly when you make it clear that neither of them are interested in each other as anything more than a hunting partner. The shifter acknowledging that Dean has looked at Jess in a sexual manner is tolerable, but I really don’t like stories where the same girl is romantically interested in Sam AND Dean; even if it’s at different times (such as a girl dating Dean before he goes to Hell and forming something with Sam after the fact), the Winchesters are not that similar to each other.
In the end, I just have a few key questions, one of which is fairly simple; if Azazel was the one who visited Jess that night, what does that mean for Brady’s claim that he was the one who was responsible for killing Jess?
And on the topic of Azazel, would I be barking up the wrong tree if I assumed that, despite his efforts to ‘change his fate’, Sam isn’t QUITE as dead as certain people would believe? Considering such examples as Castiel walking around in Jimmy Novak’s ‘corpse’, I’m inclined to wonder if certain parties in the know just used this opportunity to take Sam’s soul off the board while keeping his body ‘in reserve’…
Hopefully the next canon hunt will answer that question (which isn’t to say I didn’t like your idea for an original hunt in this chapter, I assure you); keep up the great work!
Butterscotch2347 chapter 7 . 1/30
Please tell me you're gonna keep writing, this is great stuff!
Guest chapter 7 . 12/29/2017
I love this so much! Keep up the good work!
AJ Granger chapter 7 . 12/23/2017
I really like this story. Jess and Dean are a pretty amazing team, and reading how the two of them hunt is great. I like how they are dealing with the loss of Sam, and getting to know each other. It was great that Jess caught the difference between Dean and the shifter and how she did so. I'm anxiously awaiting the two meeting up with Bobby, and then John Winchester. Sam being out of the picture changes things when it comes to Azazel's plans, but there are other possibilities for vessels for Lucifer. More, please, cause this is really good.
AJ Granger chapter 1 . 12/23/2017
Now that is an intriguing change. I like the way we see what Sam is thinking and seeing, and that there is that moment of connection with Dean who saves Jess and gets out of the room. Major changes, and I'm intrigued at what that means down the road.
MicheleChadwick chapter 6 . 12/22/2017
I loved the post cards in this chapter, the idea of Jess trying to sanitise her life for her parents and the people from her old life it’s a great mechanism to express that distancing that comes with the knowledge she now carries.
MC2