Reviews for Treville's Promise
GoGirl212 chapter 22 . 13h
A terrific sequel and so full of lively musketeers, well done OCs and Trevilleoh the poor man! Wonderful to see these other sides of him both as a soldier and a man. My heart broke a little at the ending. Thoroughly enjoyed this!
arduna chapter 22 . 12/2/2017
I've not been getting alerts di very behind, but just wanyed to comment on a few loveky parts of this tsle. chapter 14: All hail heroic Porthos! Love him like this. And Aramis, who quietly gets up and determinedly pursues his attackers. And the loyal Muskie horses. And what would I give to see Athos the pirate in his sodden braes and Porthos bandana, drying out on the riverbank...

Chapter 15: Nice work, Aramis! I love the sense of everyone converging on the same place; I'm imagining coloured dotted lines on a map like a scene from an Indiana Jones film...
Chapter 16,17: Like your Foubier more and more but oh, Treville, how could you lose her so easily?
Chapter 18: Nice work, Elizabeth! The Musketeer art of wordless communication is catching. You have to love that knowing smile from Aramis...
He's a clever lad, ain't he, our Aramis! (chapter 19)... then Sorry, I got so caught up in the tale that I didn't stop to note what I loved! Huge applause for your imagination, research and story-telling but most of all for bringing unusual characters and incidents to life for me. Thank you !
Kirasum chapter 22 . 11/24/2017
Oh I love your ending looking what will happen after your story. A young man saving Athos' life ;-)
Have totally forgotten to say I loved the fact about your description of the palace and the blue room. I love castles and their different rooms with different colours.
Ok back to your story. Very funny and great idea to bring Sir Temple back to Paris to the prison cell. (Lol instead of a woman now a man, yes the Chatelet is a dangerous and strange place.)
For a moment I felt with Tréville it would have been lovely to see him with a woman / wife by his side. Great that you focused on him in this story.
Looking forward for your au story even if I prefer the classical stories
I really enjoyed your story, your details about the historical background and the whole plot. xx C
Kirasum chapter 21 . 11/24/2017
Oh you end with a cliffhanger and one chapter more to read. I really love the fact that you put in here so much history. Great how the Queen speaks, would not be able to write like that.
Poor Tréville has to deliver Richelieu's message and to deal with Henrietta's ire / wrath.
I really love the fact that he is still fighting for Elizabeth.
Great explanation that she has been forced to give the plans away.
Well done. Now I will find out who fast Tréville reacts. xx C
Mountain Cat chapter 22 . 11/17/2017
A favorable outcome indeed, but in a way it's too bad. Elizabeth and Treville would have made a good pair, even though it was never likely to happen. It's been refreshing to have a story centered on Treville. We almost never get that. I'll look forward to your modern AU, which you do so well. And will especially look forward to the future adventures of Athos and Foubier. Now that you've mentioned it, you have to do it. I'll nag if you don't.
pallysd'Artagnan chapter 22 . 11/17/2017
Great ending! .. Now as Porthos and Aubin perhaps it was grief ? or all three but I really hope you tease us with telling us what happened for sure and how Porthos was able to feel him go.. or will he pop up again (FINGERS CROSSED HE MAY :-)
Doubtful Guest chapter 22 . 11/17/2017
What ho, an adventure for two former comtes, that would be terrific, as was this story.

Many thanks.
Guest chapter 22 . 11/17/2017
Oh, I really did not want to to end. Your plotting is so very good.
Justaguest chapter 22 . 11/17/2017
Lovely end. Thank you for this story. I hope to see more from you soon. Felt a bit sorry for our captain though!
Helensg chapter 22 . 11/17/2017
Hi L
Poor Treville,a very brief glimpse of a different future but then the very same instance gone.
Personally I don't believe it was grief,imagination or coincidence but a young boy whose spirit had become Porthos's guardian angel.
I'd like to believe that Elizabeth and Simon had a fruitful,loving life together and that Temple suffered greatly,couldn't happen to a better chap!
Thanks so much for this sequel,it's been a joy.
Hxx
Beeblegirl chapter 22 . 11/17/2017
Thanks for a great story and the Epilogue was a bonus. I don't like AU/modern day stories as by their very nature it distort the characters I love set in their original time, hence they become different people with the same name, but I shall look out for any future fic from you that keeps our boys in their own era. Thanks again for a great fic.
ficklescribbler chapter 22 . 11/17/2017
"That's a wrap", then.. Loved how you tied up everything - particularly the Epilogue. A big round of applause! Thanks for an entertaining tale.
Buckeye01 chapter 21 . 11/15/2017
My, my... insidious schemes and Catholic bitches.

I LOVE it! What a great cliffie there too! This is great!
ficklescribbler chapter 21 . 11/15/2017
Goodness. Hats off to you yet again. What an intricate plot you weave!
Helensg chapter 21 . 11/15/2017
Hi L
Not really sure how you had managed to download this,this afternoon,you have seemed rather busy.
That was a little like a confrontation in the House of Commons,perhaps they need a wily old fox like Richlieu to sort out their debates.
Of course Sir Edmund has a final trick(or should that be dagger ) up his sleeve.
Totally compelling,Thankyou