Reviews for Serving Justice
writeratheart007 chapter 14 . 4/27
Are you still going to do your sequel to this one? I loved this one and I'd love to see more of the idea of the inner spirit. (Also maybe something more about the Mother Superior too)
uwishuwerecool chapter 14 . 5/28/2012
Suiga chapter 1 . 5/29/2011
You have a couple interesting ideas here, but- there are so many things about this story that I find irritating. It feels- rushed, too-cute, and overwrought most of the time.

This 'Spirit' changes the game like a child flinging his hand across a chess board in a fit of temper, and declaring a win.

I don't even mind the heavy-handed inclusion of Catholic sensibility- but it should have been slower, more subtle, and more layered in its influence.

The characters diverge so far from themselves that it becomes distracting. Hermoine and Narcissa and Snape and even Dumbledore are hard to recognise, twisted into black-and-white characitures that aren't even of themselves.

The handling of the rape was incredibly clumsy- though I will admit that very, very few could write it properly- it's an over-done cliche, and this magical "Spirit" makes it possible for Hermoine to avoid any kind of scars, forgive a heinous act, or even hesitation to engage in sex. It felt like the only impact of the rape was to make a Gryffindor (who, in the books, seems more likely to seek revenge directly, and to devastating effect- remember Marietta Edgecombe.) flee wizarding Britain to a convent in Ireland.

The idea that a witch would flee the wizarding world- especially its sexist element) is an interesting one, even if a convent (most especially a Catholic one) is not a terribly practical escape from male chauvinism, as the religion itself has enforced that standard for ages. It's a neat idea.

I understand that my review is over-whelmingly negative, and while I won't apologise for its content, I will apologise for any hurt feelings. That I was moved to comment at all is actually pretty extraordinary, as I tend to lurk, but- well. It feels like a self-insertion, and it feels like characters that I like have been overwritten with characters that I can neither respect nor understand, as they don't ring true to humanity.
JaneA0202 chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
I thought that this could be interesting, but after reading this chapter I lost my interest completely (even though the story is probably well written and interesting)... because of that rape...I hate it in fanfiction and unfortunatelly so many stories are about it...I shouldnt probably even be writing it, but I couldnt help it, Im always irritated when I found story with that...sorry
Auri on the Rooftops chapter 13 . 8/17/2009
I've heard that you have a sequal for this story. Is it true? Which one is it? (I couldn't find it on you user page.)
Auri on the Rooftops chapter 14 . 8/17/2009
Cute. I liked it. Very good
patr chapter 14 . 8/4/2009
good story
Zigflorian chapter 14 . 1/20/2008
What an awesome fic! Can't believe I just discovered it. Moving on to the sequel next.
EmpressJudge chapter 2 . 2/18/2007
Just read chapter 1 and I have to say: I hope Draco gets his ass kicked.

ilo6409 chapter 1 . 5/25/2006
Geat fic! I'll ber reading it's sequel son!
VL chapter 14 . 9/20/2005
Excuse me, but what is this? A good fic that is almost finished? I think you should finish it!
armor chapter 14 . 10/7/2004
i think you should write a sequel to this story... Great work !
AddisonRae chapter 14 . 12/15/2003
this was excellent. please update it soon!
F75 chapter 1 . 9/23/2003
very interesting, i'm reading this first and then i'll read the sequel
merryweather2 chapter 14 . 8/21/2003
Good story, pitty that you ran to fast trough some bits.

Becomming a nun takes a bit more than just a few words and takes longer than a few hours, say years.

But the idea is good and the story line is good.

Am looking forward to reading your next story.