Reviews for The Jack o' the Lantern Affair
LuckyLadybug chapter 5 . 11/4/2017
A beautiful wrap-up! I love the way you worked that twist that could have been dark but turned into something beautiful. It is a lovely way to celebrate Napoleon's awesomeness!

Illya's feelings are so heartbreaking. The emotional scene is very powerful. I like how Napoleon handles that, too. And his reply to Zero in the old house was so perfect.

The epilogue is cute and fun and hints at more Zero in the future, I see! I love the kitty content. And Illya's last line.

A great Halloween tale!
lindafishes8 chapter 5 . 11/3/2017
Excellent! A very spooky tale for Halloween. I loved the cat's rolls in this and the friendship between the two agents keeping Napoleon in this world.
The Wild Wild Whovian chapter 5 . 11/1/2017
Well, that was interesting! And all wrapped up for Halloween. Fun story well told!
laurose chapter 5 . 10/31/2017
Thanks for an excellent and satisfying end to this good adventure. Those bits about faith and hanging onto each other are most well done. I agree with Illya: the stray cats getting homes is a good extra.
The Wild Wild Whovian chapter 4 . 10/29/2017
Oh my word!

(And I suppose you were thinking of Byron Orlock here?)
LuckyLadybug chapter 4 . 10/28/2017
It's fun seeing how holy items are collected from many sources!

I love Illya's insistence about Napoleon not giving in to Zero! A beautiful scene.

The humor bits are hysterical! ROTFLOL. I love Mr. Waverly's reaction too.

Such a heartbreaking climax... Poor both of them!
laurose chapter 4 . 10/27/2017
Another well thought and exciting chapter with another excellent twist at the end. I like the glimpses of the gargoyles and skeletons - and the cat being bribed. Both partners stay solid throughout, too.
LuckyLadybug chapter 3 . 10/21/2017
Poor Napoleon, having to go into a well! At least it's not deep.

LOL, yes, I definitely got a Rumpel vibe from Jack in this chapter!

It was so intense when Malevolent appeared and Jack freaked out!

I love Illya's acknowledgment of what Napoleon thinks about Zero.

I think the scene with Zero confronting Napoleon is my favorite. I love scenes where a good guy is tempted and doesn't give in! And the ending bit is very intriguing.
The Wild Wild Whovian chapter 3 . 10/21/2017
Ooo, good chapter! Looking forward to more!
laurose chapter 3 . 10/21/2017
Thanks for a chapter full of good action and suspense and with fine extra touches, too. Such as the other cats, and the new player, and 'this system'...
LuckyLadybug chapter 2 . 10/18/2017
The first part of this chapter is darker and more serious. Poor Illya, so frustrated to have to be confronted with so many things he doesn't understand! It would definitely be something frightening and unsettling!

Starting with the first goblin and then on, things definitely become funnier, whether that was fully meant or not. ROTFLOL. I love the comment about Mr. Waverly hating to hear of the supernatural, and the gnome-goblins being chased by cats, and Mr. Waverly asserting that he can't deny what he's looking at! Even comments like "we can't let this go on for a year!" take on humorous meaning. LOL. And the spirit getting scared by kitties is an awesome bit!

I love that you put Victor Marton in here. Yes, he's definitely perfect for a story of this kind! The chapter titles are epic too.

This is a blast! Onward to more madness!
The Wild Wild Whovian chapter 2 . 10/15/2017
Who you gonna call...

Let's hear it for the valiant cats! What comes next?

(Oh, and I happened to watch the episode with Victor Marton and the mind-reading device yesterday! Yay, Vincent Price!)
LuckyLadybug chapter 1 . 10/13/2017
Aww, I love Illya's concern over the fight taking place in the cemetery! Especially when he doesn't seem to know whether to believe in an afterlife!

Napoleon and Illya's bewilderment over the book and THRUSH's fascination with it is very amusing. LOL.

Jack's appearance and Napoleon's attempt to fix the problem are very intense and creepy! This is definitely a perfect Halloween fic!
laurose chapter 1 . 10/7/2017
What a good opening chapter. Original idea, and both partners are done so well.
The Wild Wild Whovian chapter 1 . 10/7/2017
Oo, what indeed? What an opener! Looking forward to the rest! :-)